Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Charms I (4/4) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:53 am
User Image

Charms 1: Block 5 (Afternoon: 2:00-3:00)
Professor Ye (Lola Mutan Ye)
Professor Ye's Office
This class is updated on Saturday (real time).

"A charm adds certain properties to an object or creature, whereas a transfiguring spell will change it into something utterly different."
— The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1
(source)

xxxxAbout the Professor:
    Professor Lola Mutan Ye, or Professor Ye, was born in New Forest. She is the first born child of a Chinese wandmaker and a wood nymph. She has a younger brother that now runs a wood farm that provides quality supplies for wands and brooms.

As a student at Hogwarts, Lola was a Ravenclaw, the Captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, and excelled in Charms, Herbology, Transfiguration, and Arithmancy. She was known to be a quiet student who was dedicated to her studies and fascinated by inventing new solutions to the world around her.

After Hogwarts she traveled to China where she began an apprenticeship with a metal charmer arranged by her grandfather. Some years later she returned to England satisfied she was ready to set out on her own. Lola has supplied some of the most popular shops in England and the rest of the United Kingdom with charmed toys elegantly designed in metal and snitches. While snitches have been her most demanded product due to the popularity of snitches, her pet collection has been very popular most often featuring kittens or puppies that act as if the real thing (without the mess or concern of allergy).

User Image
                                                    Professor Ye's Charms Classroom is a bit different than the Charms classrooms of the past. While it still maintains its traditional set up of two sets of two rows of benches on either side of the classroom with a short dueling range in the center and a podium at the front, the décor of the classroom is new. In the front and surrounding the dueling range are plants of all sorts. Some are benign flowers, some are poisonous. Some are ferns. Some are mushrooms. And some are magical plants including three juvenile (and potted) mandrakes near the podium. If one did not know better they might think they were in a class about herbology.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:55 am
User ImagexxxxxxWelcome to Charms I

xClass Schedule/Syllabus:
xxxxxxClass One: Introduction and Wingardium Leviosa
xxxxxxClass Two: Reparo
xxxxxxClass Three: Incendio
xxxxxxClass Four: Spongify

xxxxxx[ ] Wingardium Leviosa
xxxxxx[ ] Reparo
xxxxxx[ ] Incendio
xxxxxx[ ] Spongify
xxxxxx-Quills and Ink (OR other appropriate writing materials)
xxxxxx-Wand  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:41 am
Start of Charms 1 2060-2061 Classes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:41 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
(Ravenclaw Alumna)(Half Nymph)(Metal Charmer)(Professor of Charms Years 1-3)

If Nic and her experience was anything to go with, starting Hogwarts and the age of eleven was a difficult time. Of course Nic's mother and he learned of magic only a few years prior and Lola was far shyer than she is now. Lola wanted to welcome her first years with warmth and show them the wonders of charms early on. Lola shared her metal work with her students placing one on each desk. Some had golden snitches in a small cage so they would not escape, others had metal kittens that would purr and cuddle up with them, others had excited metalwork puppies, and some even had minature dragons that blew puffs of smoke (she kept the fire dragons put away as she was not going to introduce fire breathing toys to eleven year olds in a classroom full of plants).

Her students would be able to settle into desks with their charmed metalwork and a syllabus that read:

List of Knowledge for Charms I

[ ] Wingardium Leviosa
                                              [ ] Reparo
                                              [ ] Incendio
                                              [ ] Spongify

"Welcome to Charms," Lola introduced with a smile. "I hope your time at Hogwarts has been good so far. I am Professor Ye and will be instructing you in the magic of charms for the next three years. I want you each to observe the charmed metalwork in front of you. Yes, this level of charmwork will take a few years to achieve but this can be your future. Charms add certain properties to an object or creature. It is a magic where you alter the reality and confines of the world around you."

"I am excited to introduce you to this subject. Instead of bothering with introductions and laboring on notes let us try a more practical approach to our subject matter," Lola said eagerly. She pulled out from behind her podium a collection of peacock feathers which she passed out to each student as she gathered the metalwork.

Stopping at the podium she said, "Today, we are enchanting a feather with the gift of flight or at least the gift to float without relying on the wind. This is the Wingardium Leviosa charm."

"The incantation for this charm is pronounced wing-GAR-dee-um leh-vee-OH-sa and the wand movement is as follows:"

User Image

Lola waved a wand and in front of each student landed a broken magnifying glass. "Now, I want you to go ahead and practice Wingardium Leviosa. I will be around the classroom if there are any questions."

................................................................................................................

Time: 2060-2061 Hogwarts Year

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:33 pm
User Image
Luna Tamara Lovette
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ravenclaw First Year
Pureblood Eleven Year Old

User Image
                                                  Location : Charms Class (2:00pm)
                                                  Company : Professor Ye & Students

Luna arrived at her second class of the afternoon mostly prepared. Charms was a class; she could say she was interested in but also not totally sure of. It always sounded like one of those easy subjects. The one kids could wave their wands around in and look smart while doing it. Little did Luna really know when it came to anything to do with Charms. She was not as smart as the Ravenclaw house claimed its students to be.

Finding her seat, Luna waited for class to begin. She wondered if this class had anything to do with the plants around the room or if it were simply personal preference. One may never know as class began. Luckily this class was indeed more hands on than text based. The real question was how easy was this spell going to be to pull off. “Wingardium leviosa.” She said with a wave getting nothing as a response. Clearly harder than it looked. Luna would keep trying. Eventually she’d get it.

OOC : - - -

Creative, smart, and quite a curiosity on you, eh?
                                                  You are your parents' child
                                                  and their home will be yours too!
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:02 am
User Image
❅ Emily ❅ Emilia Serene Dyfodwg ❅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx *Muggleborn* *Hufflepuff* *First Year* *Herbology Club* *Language Club*
Time: 2060-2061
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Emily was doubtful the joy something called "charms" would bring her. It was a kind of spellwork according to her textbook. What did bring her a bit of peace was walking into a classroom full of plants. It was beautiful. Clearly the professor couldn't be that bad if she could cultivate such beauty. And on her desk where she sat was a metallic kitten that began to purr and nuzzle her before the professor, Professor Ye, picked them up to replace them with a peacock feather. So apparently they were supposed to make the feather float with a word and a wave her wand? That... but how?

She took a breath, cemented the wand movement and pronunciation in her head before following the curled path saying in an unsure voice, "wing-GAR-dee-um leh-vee-OH-sa." Perhaps it was her lack of confidence or perhaps something else but while something happened the feather did not lift from the desk. The color drained of the feather and created a colorful chalk line around the feather. "Oh," Emily said staring at the result, the disappointment evident in her voice. Oh she wanted to cry! First day of this class and she already botched it. At least a few other of the students were struggling too. Maybe if she put on a smile it would be okay...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
                                                          Not with your brother, that I can do.
                                                          Though, we're here for you!
                                                          I think you'll find a whole new family in...

HUFFLEPUFF!
                                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:27 pm
User Image
Kasamir Aloysius Patrovna
SlytherinFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Kasamir wasn’t too sure what to expect of his first Charms class at Hogwarts. From reading ahead in his textbook from this class and one of the books he’d inherited from his mother, he knew Charms were the basis of most of the magic he would learn to cast. However, walking into the classroom, the place seemed to be a more inviting place than he’d imagined it would be. The greenery around the room was a surprise for him, as was the miniature metal kitten that started purring and rubbing against his hand when he picked out a desk.

He gave Emily a small wave. Seeing her made him want to talk to her some more, and see what she thought of her new housemates. He’d rather hoped they could have gone to the same House, but the Hat elected not to have that happen for reasons known only to it, he guessed. Seeing her also reminded him how much he would have appreciated having a pet to help him deal with the claustrophobic issues he was having in the Slytherin dorms. For now, however, he had a small metal kitten keeping him company, and the presence of the little automaton put the young Slytherin a bit more at ease.

What he really appreciated was the fact their teacher was of a mind to skip introductions and get straight down to business. ‘Works for me’ he thought. ‘She intends to know us by our efforts and the results we produce. I can get behind that.’ He’d already studied ahead, and had practiced the wand movements and the incantation a little bit, but this was his first time doing it in class.

His first attempt didn’t work so well, but then he tried casting it in Russian at first, and ended it in ‘leviosah’. ‘Focus,’ he told himself. “ Wing-GAR-dee-um leh-vee-OH-sa,” he intoned, as he gestured with the tip of his wand. In the still air of the room, the peacock feather began to slowly lift itself from the surface of his desk.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                I'm not afraid of getting older, I'm one less day from dying young
                I see the light go past my shoulder, I'm one less day from dying young

I see my life, Like a train with a one-way track
                I've made mistakes, And I couldn't take 'em back
                And I've been runnin' 'round in circles, 'Til I'm dizzy, I can't lie
                But every night I go to sleep's, A day that I survive

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:56 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx *Muggleborn* *Hufflepuff* *First Year* *Herbology Club* *Language Club*

Emily had noticed Kasamir sit nearby and hoped he didn't see her failure. No one liked a failure, right? She took a deep breath and tried again, "Wing-GAR-dee-um leh-vee-OH-sa." And, nothing. Maybe this was good? Maybe she wasn't a witch after all. Still, she glanced over at Kasamir and hissed quietly, "How are you doing that?"

She could not be queen of the freak school if she couldn't even do magic. She wanted friends and she didn't want pity. Maybe if Kasamir had no answers she could go to the Professor. She didn't seem mean.

User Image

HUFFLEPUFF!
                                                          Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:22 am
User Image
Kasamir Aloysius Patrovna
SlytherinFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Kasamir was watching as the feather floated in the air, scarcely daring to breathe lest he lose his focus…and he was feeling his nose starting to itch. Emily’s question gave him a chance to quickly scratch the itch while the feather floated towards his desk now it was no longer affected by his spell. “Uh, well, I started reading ahead in my books, so I was trying out the incantation and the wand movement last night,” admitted Kasamir in sotto voce, hoping his voice wouldn’t carry more than a few feet.

According to my aunt, casting magic is a matter of using the verbal and somatic component to focus your innate magical ability, so it will do what you need for it to do,” he added, more or less reciting what Aunt Faina explained to him. “I’m still figuring all that out. Try using the tip of your wand to trace the pattern in the air, like you’re doing it with a brush, while enunciating the incantation, and focusing on making the feather rise.”

OOC:
mc2

User Image
                I'm not afraid of getting older, I'm one less day from dying young
                I see the light go past my shoulder, I'm one less day from dying young

I see my life, Like a train with a one-way track
                I've made mistakes, And I couldn't take 'em back
                And I've been runnin' 'round in circles, 'Til I'm dizzy, I can't lie
                But every night I go to sleep's, A day that I survive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:21 am
User Image

Emily side-eyed Kasamir as he explained the magic according to his aunt. Visualization. Great. Emily just saw a feather. A now albino feather but a feather. She was just so frustrated by this, more accurately everything. She was a freak and now she couldn't even do the freaky stuff of magic properly. She raised her wand and trying to take a steadying breath she cast "Wing-GAR-dee-um leh-vee-OH-sa."

In seconds there was a flash and fire erupted from the feather from her desk. Emily let out a squeak in shock. She had to tame the fire. She couldn't be known as the student who burned down the classroom and then all those wonderful plants. She whipped off her cloak and dropped it on the flames quickly smothering the fire.

The professor was there in seconds as the flames died but left her cloak scorched. Professor Ye smiled kindly and said, "Very quick thinking... Emilia, right?"

"Emily," she corrected numbly.

"Emily," Professor Ye repeated. "We all have our talents. Here let me fix your cloak." With a wave of her wand and the spell "Repario" the cloak was good as new. "Your friend is correct, or his aunt is. It is a lot about visualizing. Charms is a way to make what you want happen, happen. I'll get you another feather."

As Professor Ye turned away Emily quickly put her cloak back on, sat, and muttered in Welsh, "Am drychineb." She just wanted to cry. That made 0 days without wanting to cry at least once so far. She almost felt desperate enough to find her brother Cai and ask just how he did it. He was popular enough. He got decent grades from what she heard. Setting things on fire was not a good way to get a good grade.

{OoC: Translation: What a disaster.}

User Image

HUFFLEPUFF!
                                                          Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:07 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

Lola was excited to start the next week of Hogwarts to continue to introduce her students more to the wonders of charms. Once her students took their seats, Lola beamed and said, "Welcome to your second week at Hogwarts. I hope you all enjoyed your welcome to charms with Wingardium Leviosa. Today, we will be going over a particularly useful charm: Reparo. We've all been guilty of breaking something we or someone else needed. This charm allows you to give a new life to that broken thing."

"The incantation for this charm is pronounced reh-PAH-roh and the wand movement is as follows:"

User Image

Lola waved a wand and in front of each student landed a broken magnifying glass. "Now, I want you to go ahead and practice Reparo. I will be around the classroom if there are any questions."

................................................................................................................

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:09 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

As the students entered the room they would find the dozens of plants in the classroom shielded with a bubble of water for each plant. Lola smiled, almost threateningly, as she said, "Good afternoon. Today will be about trust. We are learning the Fire-Making-Charm. Incendio. Now, if I find any of you trying to set anything on fire but the square block of wood at your desk you will be kicked out of my classroom with a stack of detention slips for yourself. Think you are clever in this, I promise you that you will learn quite a bit about herbology as you help care for my mandrakes."

"Since housekeeping is over, I am sure you are excited to learn Incendio. The gift of fire, be it caused from two stones like many muggles do, from a modern match, or from your wand is in many ways the start of civilization. In more modern times it is more useful in camping or starting a fireplace. Use this in the halls of Hogwarts, and I am sure I will not be the only professor displeased with you."

"The Fire-Making-Charm is pronounced in-SEN-dee-o and the wand movement is much like a flame. Allow me to demonstrate," Lola said as she held a block of wood in her left hand as she made the wand movement and cast incendio. The block set on fire which Lola quickly quenched with an Aguamenti Charm.

User Image

"As you see I used the Aguamenti charm, you don't need to memorize it, to quench the flame. This is a higher level charm some of you will go on to learn. Today, I want you to focus on fire not water. I will come around and quench your flames as needed so we don't set the wrong things on fire. If you have any questions please feel free to wave me down."

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:15 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

Lola waited for her students to take her seats before she began, "I would like each of you to take out your textbook..." she paused as it was unusual request from her as she preferred a more practical approach to Charms. Students could study their books in their free time. Perhaps the students would fear as the last class of the year they would face the dreaded review. After a few grumbles were allowed, Lola continued, "...and your wands."

Giving a small chuckle she said, "Today we will be going over the Softening Charm known as Spongify. Your textbooks will be our subject for the day. The Softening Charm is a charm that softens objects, making them rubbery and bouncy."

"The pronunciation of this charm is SPUN-ji-fye and as I demonstrate on my own textbook uses the following wand movement:"

User Image

The book on her desk swelled up like a sponge. Lola returned her wand to a holster on her side. Picking up the spongified book, she held it over her head before dropping it to make the softest of thuds and a few light bounces until it settled on the floor. Lola took out her wand, cast a charm to undo the change and picked up the book before returning it to her podium.

"As you can see this softens the properties of an item. You can use the spell for the ground as well in the case of needing a softer landing, though, I would argue other spells would work better if you are falling. Or avoid heights if you are prone to falling. A bit hard with quidditch I suppose," She mused. "You may begin and I will be around for questions and to return your books to their original forms. I would hate for you not to be able to study over the summer."

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:57 pm
Start of Charms 1 2061-2062 Classes

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:00 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

Lola wanted to welcome her first years with warmth and show them the wonders of charms early on. Lola shared her metal work with her students placing one on each desk. Some had golden snitches in a small cage so they would not escape, others had metal kittens that would purr and cuddle up with them, others had excited metalwork puppies, and some even had minature dragons that blew puffs of smoke (she kept the fire dragons put away as she was not going to introduce fire breathing toys to eleven year olds in a classroom full of plants).

Her students would be able to settle into desks with their charmed metalwork and a syllabus that read:

List of Knowledge for Charms I

[ ] Wingardium Leviosa
                                              [ ] Reparo
                                              [ ] Incendio
                                              [ ] Spongify

"Welcome to Charms," Lola introduced with a smile. "I hope your time at Hogwarts has been good so far. I am Professor Ye and will be instructing you in the magic of charms for the next three years. I want you each to observe the charmed metalwork in front of you. Yes, this level of charmwork will take a few years to achieve but this can be your future. Charms add certain properties to an object or creature. It is a magic where you alter the reality and confines of the world around you."

"I am excited to introduce you to this subject. Instead of bothering with introductions and laboring on notes let us try a more practical approach to our subject matter," Lola said eagerly. She pulled out from behind her podium a collection of peacock feathers which she passed out to each student as she gathered the metalwork.

Stopping at the podium she said, "Today, we are enchanting a feather with the gift of flight or at least the gift to float without relying on the wind. This is the Wingardium Leviosa charm."

"The incantation for this charm is pronounced wing-GAR-dee-um leh-vee-OH-sa and the wand movement is as follows:"

User Image

Lola waved a wand and in front of each student landed a broken magnifying glass. "Now, I want you to go ahead and practice Wingardium Leviosa. I will be around the classroom if there are any questions."

Time: 2061-2062 Hogwarts Year

Quote:

Quote:

First Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items