Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Charms I (4/4) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:41 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
(Ravenclaw Alumna)(Half Nymph)(Metal Charmer)(Professor of Charms Years 1-3)

Lola was excited to start the next week of Hogwarts to continue to introduce her students more to the wonders of charms. Once her students took their seats, Lola beamed and said, "Welcome to your second week at Hogwarts. I hope you all enjoyed your welcome to charms with Wingardium Leviosa. Today, we will be going over a particularly useful charm: Reparo. We've all been guilty of breaking something we or someone else needed. This charm allows you to give a new life to that broken thing."

"The incantation for this charm is pronounced reh-PAH-roh and the wand movement is as follows:"

User Image

Lola waved a wand and in front of each student landed a broken magnifying glass. "Now, I want you to go ahead and practice Reparo. I will be around the classroom if there are any questions."

................................................................................................................

Time: 2060-2061 Hogwarts Year

{OoC: Excuse my lateness - I was ill}

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:22 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

As the students entered the room they would find the dozens of plants in the classroom shielded with a bubble of water for each plant. Lola smiled, almost threateningly, as she said, "Good afternoon. Today will be about trust. We are learning the Fire-Making-Charm. Incendio. Now, if I find any of you trying to set anything on fire but the square block of wood at your desk you will be kicked out of my classroom with a stack of detention slips for yourself. Think you are clever in this, I promise you that you will learn quite a bit about herbology as you help care for my mandrakes."

"Since housekeeping is over, I am sure you are excited to learn Incendio. The gift of fire, be it caused from two stones like many muggles do, from a modern match, or from your wand is in many ways the start of civilization. In more modern times it is more useful in camping or starting a fireplace. Use this in the halls of Hogwarts, and I am sure I will not be the only professor displeased with you."

"The Fire-Making-Charm is pronounced in-SEN-dee-o and the wand movement is much like a flame. Allow me to demonstrate," Lola said as she held a block of wood in her left hand as she made the wand movement and cast incendio. The block set on fire which Lola quickly quenched with an Aguamenti Charm.

User Image

"As you see I used the Aguamenti charm, you don't need to memorize it, to quench the flame. This is a higher level charm some of you will go on to learn. Today, I want you to focus on fire not water. I will come around and quench your flames as needed so we don't set the wrong things on fire. If you have any questions please feel free to wave me down."

................................................................................................................

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:56 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

Lola waited for her students to take her seats before she began, "I would like each of you to take out your textbook..." she paused as it was unusual request from her as she preferred a more practical approach to Charms. Students could study their books in their free time. Perhaps the students would fear as the last class of the year they would face the dreaded review. After a few grumbles were allowed, Lola continued, "...and your wands."

Giving a small chuckle she said, "Today we will be going over the Softening Charm known as Spongify. Your textbooks will be our subject for the day. The Softening Charm is a charm that softens objects, making them rubbery and bouncy."

"The pronunciation of this charm is SPUN-ji-fye and as I demonstrate on my own textbook uses the following wand movement:"

User Image

The book on her desk swelled up like a sponge. Lola returned her wand to a holster on her side. Picking up the spongified book, she held it over her head before dropping it to make the softest of thuds and a few light bounces until it settled on the floor. Lola took out her wand, cast a charm to undo the change and picked up the book before returning it to her podium.

"As you can see this softens the properties of an item. You can use the spell for the ground as well in the case of needing a softer landing, though, I would argue other spells would work better if you are falling. Or avoid heights if you are prone to falling. A bit hard with quidditch I suppose," She mused. "You may begin and I will be around for questions and to return your books to their original forms. I would hate for you not to be able to study over the summer."

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items