Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Arithmancy II (3/3)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:18 am
User Image

Arithmancy II: Thursday, Block 3 (Morning: 11:00-12:00)
Professor Marcs (Jasper Ichabod Marcs-Conroy)
Professor Marcs's Office
This class is updated on Saturday (real time).

Arithmancy is a magical discipline that studies the magical properties of numbers, including predicting the future with numbers and numerology. (source)

xxxxAbout the Professor:
    Professor Jasper Ichabod Marcs-Conroy (only goes by Professor Marcs), was born to a pureblood witch and wizard. His father came from a banking family full of loan sharks and his mother came from a family of seers and prophets. He of course soon became the failure of his parents as he turned out to be a squib. His Grandmother Marcs a seer from him mother's side took pity on him and adopted him from his parents.

Grandmother Marcs was adamant that Jasper learned the arts of prediction to his limitations as a squib and receive a reputable muggle education. As Jasper began his education in Mathematics of Random Systems he took two Adult Education Courses during his summer. He easily scored an O in Arithmancy which he felt was little different than the predictions muggles make using statistics, and an E in Ancient Runes which he found a bit more difficult for his mathematically inclined mind.

In 2048, Jasper completed his DPhil Mathematics of Random Systems CDT and with his choice of Universities he chose to began a professorship at the University of Sydney. His time was quite successful for ten years where he was beloved by his students, noted for his research, and soon to be selected for tenure before a conflict with a fellow professor regarding the quality of the other professor's work ended with Jasper being requested to leave the university to hide any controversy.

Until Jasper started with Hogwarts, he worked as an arithmancer working from his apartment in London.

User Image
                                                    The Arithmancy classroom is one of the smaller classrooms in Hogwarts as the subject does not require much space for instruction and the class sizes tend to be smaller. In the front of the classroom is a large chalkboard with a small desk and rolling desk chair. The words "No Wands Out in this Classroom" are etched in the board with chalk for so long that only a scrugify charm could remove the words. In the back of the classroom is a book shelf with several books of reference for the subject that students are allowed to come into the classroom when class in not in session to use for homework if they so wish. If a student wishes to check out a book they are expected to check out the book using a ledger book on top of the book shelf.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:19 am
User ImagexxxxxxWelcome to Arithmancy II

xClass Schedule/Syllabus:

xxxxxxClass One: Character Number meaning and finding it
xxxxxxClass Two: Heart Number meaning and finding it
xxxxxxClass Three: Social Number meaning and finding it

xxxxxx[ ] Character Number meaning and finding it
xxxxxx[ ] Heart Number meaning and finding it
xxxxxx[ ] Social Number meaning and finding it

xxxxxx-Textbook: Numerology and Grammatica
xxxxxx-Parchment
xxxxxx-Quills and Ink (OR other appropriate writing materials)
xxxxxx-Do not use your wand or have your wand out in my classroom  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:27 am
Start of Arithmancy II 2060-2061 Classes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:31 am
User Image
Professor Marcs
Jasper Ichabod Marcs-Conroy

(Oxford Alumni and trained Arithmancer)(Squib)(Former University of Sydney Statistics Professor)(Arithmancy Professor)

Jasper was honestly looking forward to teaching his older students instead of thirteen year olds. Not that a year was a particularly long time, but Jasper had found even teaching university students that a year matured most a notable amount. To set his class on the right start he had a syllabus in front of each desk and a note pressed boldly into the board (and underlined): "No Wands Out in this Classroom". The Syllabus was far less aggressive as it laid out the education plan for the year:

List of Knowledge for Arithmancy II

[ ] Character Number meaning and finding it
                                                        [ ] Heart Number meaning and finding it
                                                        [ ] Social Number meaning and finding it

On the board was already written the lesson plan due to the complexity of the subject matter:

Chalkboard
                                                        The Character Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number indicated the general personality type of the individual.

Calculating A Character Number

User Image

1. Convert the letters of the individual's name to its numerical value.
                                                        M o l l y . A n n a b e l l a . M a r c s - C o n r o y
                                                        4 6 3 3 7 . 1 5 5 1 2 5 3 3 1 . 4 1 9 3 1 - 3 6 5 9 6 7

2. Add every number from one's name:
                                                        4+6+3+3+7+1+5+5+1+2+5+3+3+1+4+1+9+3+1+3+6+5+9+6+7=103

3. If you have multiple digits in the sum, add these numbers together to reduce the number to a single digit.
                                                        1+0+3=4

4. Repeat step 3 if you still have a multiple digit number and do so until you have reached a single digit number.

5. You now have your character number. For example my mother's character number is 4.

A Character number of 4 tend to be stable. Fours enjoy hard work and are practical, reliable and logical. They are good at organization and getting things done. They are also predictable, stubborn, suspicious, and are prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in Two are doubled in Four.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your character number.

"Good morning, class. I am Professor Marcs your new professor of arithmancy. I would hope last year your professor gave you a solid foundation of the art of arithmancy. In that hope, I feel it serves your education best to dive right into your subject matter. If for some reason you have questions if they are brief you can ask in class and if they are lengthier I ask you visit me in my office hours. You may find my office hours on the back of your syllabus."

"Now, today we are going to study Character Numbers. Not only what a character number is but how to find it. My example is my mother's name but I ask each of you to use your own name," Jasper said. He did not feel it proper to broadcast potentially intament details regarding himself but felt it was best to use a name that was close to him, though he had not spoken to his mother in decades. No doubt the woman was gray in the hair and cursing about him to her tea group.

"We use the Agrippan for most of our work in Arithmancy and finding the Character Number is no different. I included the Aggripan Method Number Chart on the board for your information in case you forgotten it over the summer. Now, first you write out your full name for the most accurate results. Then, use the Agrippan Method to convert each letter in your name to the correct corresponding numbers. Once you have all the numbers written out, add these numbers. For any of you who have more than one digit in their sum, please add those numbers. If you still have more than one digit continue this until you have reached a single digit. As you can see my mother's character number is a 4."

Jasper continued, "As you work on your calculations I shall discuss the importance of the character number. While this is a simple calculation it is important in arithmancy. This is the most important number in finding compatibility and predicting one's success on certain days of the month. And, of course finding more about yourself and others. We will discuss the further uses of the Character Number over your studies in Arithmancy."

"Any questions? If you wish I can look over any Character Number calculations and even further interrupt the meaning if you wish to turn in your work to me."

................................................................................................................

Time: 2060-2061 Hogwarts Year

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:38 pm
Nothing you need to do, I’ll just take a peek inside your mind
Clever and curious, Imaginative but impatient.
Better be Ravenclaw!

User Image User Image
Noreen Casey Vann
Halfblood ~ Photonista
xxxRavenclaw Fourth Yearxxx

Location : Arithmancy Class (Thursday - 11:00am)
                                                  Company : Fourth Years & Professor Marcs

Noreen’s first class of the day was arithmancy. Given she slept in the fourth year had unfortunately missed out on breakfast. Begrudgingly getting to class, she knew she’d be starving by the time it was over. Honestly if she’d gotten up earlier, she could have snuck into the kitchens or something. Giving a light sigh as she walked into the room, she glanced at the no wands memo on the board. Sounded about right.

Arithmancy was not her best class, in fact it was probably one of her worst. Noreen sat there fiddling with the math she was given as the lecture proceeded. When she got to the same number that was on the board in the example, she stared at it. Was that even, right? She was hardly one to apply herself as numerous people had told her.

Noreen Casey Vann
                                                  569555 31157 4155 = 67 = 13 = 4

‘Stable. Fours enjoy hard work and are practical, reliable and logical. They are good at organization and getting things done. They are also predictable, stubborn, suspicious, and are prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in Two are doubled in Four.’

“Does it always use a person’s full name?” She questioned aloud. Maybe if she did that, she’d get a number that would make more sense. Maybe numbers didn’t always work…?

OOC : - - -

xxx “If your photos aren't good enough, then you're not close enough”xxx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:20 am
User Image
Professor Marcs

(Oxford Alumni and trained Arithmancer)(Squib)(Former University of Sydney Statistics Professor)(Arithmancy Professor)

Jasper smiled at the girls question, "Noreen, correct? That is a very interesting question and one arithmancer's grapple with constantly. You are supposed to use arithmancy with a person's or item's true name. As you may have noticed my mother adopted my father's surname as part of her name. As for me, I chose to go only by Marcs as I am more of a Marcs than a Conroy. Would we use my full birth name or the name I have chosen? And for those who transition throughout life they often change their names. You could be born an Allen but once you find your true self become an Alice. Both would give you a different result for calculations. What do you think is the right answer? Or is there one?"

He let out a small laugh and said, "And the beauty and shame of numbers is they can always be manipulated for your own purposes." The bell rang and Jasper sighed, "Alas that is all the time for now, but if you wish to discuss this further you can always visit me during my office hours or set up an appointment. I am rather flexible, you should fine."
                                                        ................................................................................................................

murruelecreuset

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:22 am
User Image
Professor Marcs

Above the lesson already written on the board was the words: "No Wands Out in this Classroom". Jasper stood from the desk where he sat as his students took their seats, "Good day. Today we will be diving more into analyzing oneself or in my case others as I'm using my mother's name again. We will be studying the heart number. This is an indicator of one's inner life, fears, and desires that are hidden. Please take notes on the directions to find the heart number which is solved from the vowels of one's name - the innermost part of one's name."

Chalkboard
                                                        The Heart Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number is the indicator of the inner life and fears and desires that are hidden. Is determined by adding all the vowels together and reducing it to a single digit.

Calculating Social Number

User Image

1. Convert the vowels of the individual's name to its numerical value.
                                                        X 6 X X X . 1 X X 1 X 5 X X 1 . X 1 X X X - X 6 X 6 X

2. Add every number from one's name's vowels:
                                                        6 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 6 = 27

3. If you have multiple digits in the sum, add these numbers together to reduce the number to a single digit.
                                                        2 + 7 = 9

4. Repeat step 3 if you still have a multiple digit number and do so until you have reached a single digit number.

5. You now have your heart number. For example my mother's heart number is 9.

A Heart number of 9 represents completion and achievement to the utmost. It is the complete number (3x3x3). Nines dedicate themselves to service mostly as teachers, scientists and humanitarians. Determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others, but they can be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your heart number.

"Again we are using the Agrippan method for finding the Heart Number. The Agrippan Method is also on the board for your information and reference. Use the Agrippan method to convert the vowels of your name into their corresponding number. Once you have all the numbers written out, add these numbers. For any of you who have more than one digit in their sum, please add those numbers. If you still have more than one digit continue this until you have reached a single digit. As you can see my mother's heart number is a 9."

Jasper continued, "As you work on your calculations I shall discuss the importance of the heart number. While this is a simple calculation it is important in arithmancy. This number is a way of inner reflecting on who you are at your core. We will discuss the further uses of the Heart Number over your studies in Arithmancy."

"Any questions? If you wish I can look over any Heart Number calculations and even further interrupt the meaning if you wish to turn in your work to me."

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:13 am
User Image
Professor Marcs

Above the lesson already waiting on the board was the words: "No Wands Out in this Classroom". Jasper was casually studying an arithmancy book written in ancient runes evaluating the use of the Chaldean Method. Once he decided it time for the class, he folded a corner of the book's page, and stood. "Good morning," Jasper greeted. "Today we will evaluate and solve one's Social Number. Again, I will be using my mother's name. Please note the instructions on the board."

On the board was already written the lesson plan due to the complexity of the subject matter:

Chalkboard
                                                        The Social Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number is the face one shows to the world, the outer personality. is determined by adding all the consonants together and reducing it to a single digit.

Calculating A Social Number

User Image

4 X 3 3 7 . X 5 5 X 2 X 3 3 X . 4 X 9 3 1 - 3 X 5 9 X 7

4+3+3+7+5+5+2+3+3+4+9+3+1+3+5+9+7=76

7+6=13

1+3=4

5. You now have your social number. For example my mother's social number is 4.

A Social Number of 4 tend to be stable. Fours enjoy hard work and are practical, reliable and logical. They are good at organization and getting things done. They are also predictable, stubborn, suspicious, and are prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in Two are doubled in Four.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your social number.

"I am sure at this point you will notice the trend of using the Agrippan Method. Modern British Arithmancers will mostly use the Agrippan Method to make their calculations. I would even go so far as advise memorizing the Agrippan Method's Calculations at this point. It will save you time which will be important in your future exams," He paused and let out a sigh, "Though I would hope you are here for the sake of learning and not for the sake of OWL and NEWT scores. I'm not so naïve to think some of you are here for the later. And on that note we will continue with finding one's Social Number. I would be surprised if this was not on your exams."

"Finding a Social Number is very similar to the calculations for Character Number and Heart Number. The difference lies in that you only use the consonants of the name. This reflects one's outer self. So far we have solved one's Character, Heart, and Social Number. I find it useful to compare all three and be cautious about weighing one number over the other. Most people are multifaceted. However in the case, like my mother, when two of the numbers are the same that personality will be more prominent in them."

"My mother has a Character and Social Number of 4 which means she is logical and good at organization but she is stubborn, suspicious, and I suppose she does have a bit of a temper which is her general character and how she appears, but we cannot forget at the core she has a heart number she is a 9. Nines are hard workers but also a bit stubborn when facing opposition. It is a balancing act, of course."

Half smiling, the usually grimmer professor said, "If you wish I can review any of your calculations but I suggest you explore how your Character, Heart, and Social Number may interact and perhaps influence your actions."

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:14 pm
Start of Arithmancy II 2061-2062 Classes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:16 pm
User Image
Professor Marcs

Jasper was honestly looking forward to teaching his older students instead of thirteen year olds. Not that a year was a particularly long time, but Jasper had found even teaching university students that a year matured most a notable amount. To set his class on the right start he had a syllabus in front of each desk and a note pressed boldly into the board (and underlined): "No Wands Out in this Classroom". The Syllabus was far less aggressive as it laid out the education plan for the year:

List of Knowledge for Arithmancy II

[ ] Character Number meaning and finding it
                                                        [ ] Heart Number meaning and finding it
                                                        [ ] Social Number meaning and finding it

Chalkboard
                                                        The Character Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number indicated the general personality type of the individual.

Calculating A Character Number

User Image

4 6 3 3 7 . 1 5 5 1 2 5 3 3 1 . 4 1 9 3 1 - 3 6 5 9 6 7

4+6+3+3+7+1+5+5+1+2+5+3+3+1+4+1+9+3+1+3+6+5+9+6+7=103

1+0+3=4

5. You now have your character number. For example my mother's character number is 4.

A Character number of 4 tend to be stable. Fours enjoy hard work and are practical, reliable and logical. They are good at organization and getting things done. They are also predictable, stubborn, suspicious, and are prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in Two are doubled in Four.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your character number.

"Good morning, class. I am Professor Marcs your new professor of arithmancy. I would hope last year your professor gave you a solid foundation of the art of arithmancy. In that hope, I feel it serves your education best to dive right into your subject matter. If for some reason you have questions if they are brief you can ask in class and if they are lengthier I ask you visit me in my office hours. You may find my office hours on the back of your syllabus."

"Now, today we are going to study Character Numbers. Not only what a character number is but how to find it. My example is my mother's name but I ask each of you to use your own name," Jasper said. He did not feel it proper to broadcast potentially intament details regarding himself but felt it was best to use a name that was close to him, though he had not spoken to his mother in decades. No doubt the woman was gray in the hair and cursing about him to her tea group.

"We use the Agrippan for most of our work in Arithmancy and finding the Character Number is no different. I included the Aggripan Method Number Chart on the board for your information in case you forgotten it over the summer. Now, first you write out your full name for the most accurate results. Then, use the Agrippan Method to convert each letter in your name to the correct corresponding numbers. Once you have all the numbers written out, add these numbers. For any of you who have more than one digit in their sum, please add those numbers. If you still have more than one digit continue this until you have reached a single digit. As you can see my mother's character number is a 4."

Jasper continued, "As you work on your calculations I shall discuss the importance of the character number. While this is a simple calculation it is important in arithmancy. This is the most important number in finding compatibility and predicting one's success on certain days of the month. And, of course finding more about yourself and others. We will discuss the further uses of the Character Number over your studies in Arithmancy."

"Any questions? If you wish I can look over any Character Number calculations and even further interrupt the meaning if you wish to turn in your work to me."

Time: 2061-2062 Hogwarts Year

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:50 pm
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx(Gryffindor Fourth Year) (Half-blood-part-nymph) (Herbology Club) (Gryffindor Quidditch Team Beater)(Part time Quidditch Announcer)
Time: 2061-2062
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Nic had naively thought he could follow his mother's footsteps in the stock market and getting an economics degree at Oxford but it was too much. At the end of the day he was a wizard. Part wood nymph by a forth, but a wizard. He had a long heart-to-heart with his Aunt Lola about his ambitions and settled on the still ambitious goal of being a curse breaker. One of the many courses he needed to take was arithmancy. It was a course he took as seriously as Professor Marcs did (who was a friend with his aunt which was weird on another level).

Professor Marcs did not recognize Nic any more than the rest of his students. Today was calculating a character number. That seemed pretty cool. Weird Professor Marcs didn't use his own name but whatever.

Nic began his calculations:

N i c h o l a s . H u e . H a y w a r d - Y e
                                                5 9 3 8 6 3 1 1 . 8 3 5 . 8 1 7 5 1 9 4 - 7 5

5+9+3+8+6+3+1+1+8+3+5+8+1+7+5+1+9+4+7+5=99

9+9=18

1+8=9

Character number of 9: "Nine represents completion and achievement to the utmost. It is the complete number (3x3x3). Nines dedicate themselves to service mostly as teachers, scientists and humanitarians. Determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others, but they can be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm
User Image
Professor Marcs

Above the lesson already written on the board was the words: "No Wands Out in this Classroom". Jasper stood from the desk where he sat as his students took their seats, "Good day. Today we will be diving more into analyzing oneself or in my case others as I'm using my mother's name again. We will be studying the heart number. This is an indicator of one's inner life, fears, and desires that are hidden. Please take notes on the directions to find the heart number which is solved from the vowels of one's name - the innermost part of one's name."

Chalkboard
                                                        The Heart Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number is the indicator of the inner life and fears and desires that are hidden. Is determined by adding all the vowels together and reducing it to a single digit.

Calculating Social Number

User Image

1. Convert the vowels of the individual's name to its numerical value.
                                                        X 6 X X X . 1 X X 1 X 5 X X 1 . X 1 X X X - X 6 X 6 X

2. Add every number from one's name's vowels:
                                                        6 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 6 = 27

2 + 7 = 9

5. You now have your heart number. For example my mother's heart number is 9.

A Heart number of 9 represents completion and achievement to the utmost. It is the complete number (3x3x3). Nines dedicate themselves to service mostly as teachers, scientists and humanitarians. Determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others, but they can be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your heart number.

"Again we are using the Agrippan method for finding the Heart Number. The Agrippan Method is also on the board for your information and reference. Use the Agrippan method to convert the vowels of your name into their corresponding number. Once you have all the numbers written out, add these numbers. For any of you who have more than one digit in their sum, please add those numbers. If you still have more than one digit continue this until you have reached a single digit. As you can see my mother's heart number is a 9."

Jasper continued, "As you work on your calculations I shall discuss the importance of the heart number. While this is a simple calculation it is important in arithmancy. This number is a way of inner reflecting on who you are at your core. We will discuss the further uses of the Heart Number over your studies in Arithmancy."

"Any questions? If you wish I can look over any Heart Number calculations and even further interrupt the meaning if you wish to turn in your work to me."

{OoC: Excuse my lateness - I was ill. Next weekend will be skipped to allow more time to post.}

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:29 am
User Image
Professor Marcs

Above the lesson already waiting on the board was the words: "No Wands Out in this Classroom". Jasper was casually studying an arithmancy book written in ancient runes evaluating the use of the Chaldean Method. Once he decided it time for the class, he folded a corner of the book's page, and stood. "Good morning," Jasper greeted. "Today we will evaluate and solve one's Social Number. Again, I will be using my mother's name. Please note the instructions on the board."

Chalkboard
                                                        The Social Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number is the face one shows to the world, the outer personality. is determined by adding all the consonants together and reducing it to a single digit.

Calculating A Social Number

User Image

4 X 3 3 7 . X 5 5 X 2 X 3 3 X . 4 X 9 3 1 - 3 X 5 9 X 7

4+3+3+7+5+5+2+3+3+4+9+3+1+3+5+9+7=76

7+6=13

1+3=4

5. You now have your social number. For example my mother's social number is 4.

A Social Number of 4 tend to be stable. Fours enjoy hard work and are practical, reliable and logical. They are good at organization and getting things done. They are also predictable, stubborn, suspicious, and are prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in Two are doubled in Four.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your social number.

"I am sure at this point you will notice the trend of using the Agrippan Method. Modern British Arithmancers will mostly use the Agrippan Method to make their calculations. I would even go so far as advise memorizing the Agrippan Method's Calculations at this point. It will save you time which will be important in your future exams," He paused and let out a sigh, "Though I would hope you are here for the sake of learning and not for the sake of OWL and NEWT scores. I'm not so naïve to think some of you are here for the later. And on that note we will continue with finding one's Social Number. I would be surprised if this was not on your exams."

"Finding a Social Number is very similar to the calculations for Character Number and Heart Number. The difference lies in that you only use the consonants of the name. This reflects one's outer self. So far we have solved one's Character, Heart, and Social Number. I find it useful to compare all three and be cautious about weighing one number over the other. Most people are multifaceted. However in the case, like my mother, when two of the numbers are the same that personality will be more prominent in them."

"My mother has a Character and Social Number of 4 which means she is logical and good at organization but she is stubborn, suspicious, and I suppose she does have a bit of a temper which is her general character and how she appears, but we cannot forget at the core she has a heart number she is a 9. Nines are hard workers but also a bit stubborn when facing opposition. It is a balancing act, of course."

Half smiling, the usually grimmer professor said, "If you wish I can review any of your calculations but I suggest you explore how your Character, Heart, and Social Number may interact and perhaps influence your actions."

Quote:

Quote:

Fourth Year Classes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas