Submit

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:18 am
Nocturnal Melody

6 members are being contested off!
User Image
Colored by: ktqueen

This is a concept contest to win six members of the kpop group "Nocturnal Melody".

These kats are premade! They've already been designed and colored, but you'll get to create their personalities!

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Starts: NOW
Ends: Dec 15th, 11:59PM!

Rules:

• Only post once, you may write an entry of up to 1 per prize/kat/role (aka 6 in total per person).
• One win per person at max.
• Do not deter others from entering.
• Fill out the form completely for each entry.
• You may edit your entries up until the end.
• We reserve the right to choose no winner for any and/or all kats.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:28 am
Existing Members & The Band Manager

User Image
Su-Jin Song - Main Vocalist/Leader - Played by ktqueen
Band dad, band dad, band dad. Su-Jin is the one who typically keeps everyone else in line. A decent amount of flat stares and dragging someone to practice by the collar of their shirt/jacket. He's a bit on the quiet side and generally means well, but he's also got a passion for what he does. He'll be the last person to show up for a party, but the first person to show up for a fight. Good luck dealing with him! <3

User Image
Seo-jun - Lead Rapper - Played by Pandiemoniums
Seo-jun is like the band's collective big brother. Unlike his dear friend and his grab-you-by-the-collar-for-practice ways, he has a more laid back approach. When it's his collar being grabbed, his smirk that can be classified as simultaneously dopey and charming will be on full display. Practice is something he takes seriously but he is more aloof in personality. If you ever need someone to confide in, he's your guy. Whether you need a pat on the back and an uplifting little peptalk, or a pair of deceptively strong arms around you while you sob onto his shoulder, he's there for you. He tends to be playful/teasing towards the others, not outright goofy in behavior but certainly more on the lighter-side-of-life display.

User Image
*Made by the wonderful Sy <3*
Nero Milliner - Band Manager - Played by ktqueen
This Giovanni personally scouted the band members out and created the band. He sees this entire operation as a way to spread influence, make money, and filter mortals who may catch his eye back to his clan for potential turning. Mostly he's in this for the money. Just imagine him with dollar signs in his eyes at all times.  

ktqueen
Crew

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 am
Details

Expectations
  • Rp is not required!
  • Plotting is expected though! Please communicate anything that might affect the band as a whole. Personal plots do not need to be communicated unless they fall under affecting the band.
  • Please keep in mind that the only real requirement we have is to not make any plots that would make the band break up/come under fire from the various clans.
  • Due to their stronger than normal ties with the Independent clans, future mate plots/etc must be clanless or in an independent clan due to not trying to start sect drama!

Clanned vs Clanless
These kpop band members can be clanned with a few requirements. Otherwise they are clanless (which is totally good)!
  • Independents only. Their band manager and the one who created the band belongs to Giovanni.
  • These are all younger vampires, so no ranks above Neonate or Fledgling.
  • You must communicate your potential plot to the clan you'd like them in upon winning the kat, to see if the kat fits the clan. This is not guaranteed! If your kat doesn't fit the clan, then you'd have to find another or make them clanless.
  • If you do land them in a clan, feel free to find an elder to attach them to (with elder owner's permission), who would have communicated with the band manager to arrange this. kt would be happy to plot out those details as well!

K-Pop Bands
If you're not familiar with kpop bands, feel free to read up on the wiki and these two articles (article 1 and article 2) regarding some basic information. Each kat below has a primary role assigned to them as the basis of the prompt of who they are in the band. Feel free to suggest some secondary roles as well, as many things can overlap! If two winning entries have the same sub-role, the one with the better fit will be given the sub-role but we'll work out other sub-roles to get everything filled out after the winners have been selected!

Noctural Melody Background
NM was founded by the band manager meeting the first two members of the band (played by kt and andie), and deciding to go out to locate the other members of the band. They go on tour a lot and play to a lot of different kinds of groups, mortal and vampire alike. Their entire theme is good looking fae playing late night concerts with a bit of an eerie, mysterious vibe. Think of your favorite male lead in a slightly trashy fantasy romance novel and you'll be right on the mark for the type of image that they play to. There's always someone in the band for anyone to be attracted to (if you like guys) and NM has no problem catering to the various fantasies their fans may have in order to continue to make that money.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:56 am
Prizes & Form

User Image
Role: Main Dancer

User Image
Role: Visual/Center

User Image
Role: Maknae

User Image
Role: Lead Vocalist

User Image
Role: Main Rapper

User Image
Role: Lead Dancer

Your user name is only required at the start of the post!
[align=center][b]Username:[/b] Your username here!

Entry form

[b]Role:[/b] Tell us which role is for this entry!
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular character appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about them! What are they like on stage and off stage?)
[b]Sub-Role:[/b] Give us a few sub roles you have in mind for this kat.
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)[/align]

ktqueen
Crew

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:31 pm
SURPRISE! Now open! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:18 pm
Username: Sleet Tempest Snape

Role: Main dancer

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I don't have any hard no's for rping, even things I'm not the most versed in, I'm willing to work on getting better with things I'm not so good at. I like to research things that I plan to rp, so I get things right as far as backgrounds, history and culture things. I I try and write with some amount of detail and write long posts when I can, if I'm given a lot to work with.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: This whole thing appeals to me, as a huge kpop fan, I'm rather versed in Korean culture and the hallyu wave. As for the dancer I'd rather a dancer than a rapper as I'm not good with rap and don't have much knowledge in rap, or skill. I used to dance myself so the dancer speaks to me the most. I also think for a dancer I can do a nice backstory for them, on why they dance.

Name: Kim Ye-jun (Kim being the most common last name in South Korea and Ye means “art, talent, craft,” and jun means “talented, handsome.”)

Personality: On stage they are one to try and cuddle up to the other members, to cling to them and flirt, he likes to give a lot of fan service. He knows how much the fans love it and eat it up. The responce from the fans gives him a thrill and providses him the energy to keep on going, even when he's tired or hurt. Off stage he spends a lot of his time in a dance studio, almost too much time, and when he does have free time he'd working on improving his voice. Someone should really keep an eye on him so he doesn't wear himself down too much. But he just wants to do better for the fans. At least when he does sleep it's sound sleep. But Ye-jun is the type to push himself rather than someone who slacks off. He needs someone to try and pull him back and get him to balance himself better, get him to spend a bit of time on himself. He has a lot of the Korean mindset in pushing himself harder and further - to do more.

Sub-Role: Sub vocals, he's still working to improve his voice but he's got a nice breathy voice that can go nice and high when need be. It's the higher notes he's working on improving, in his own free time, so he can deliver a better performance and a better him.

Motivations and Goals: His mother was a dancer before she she had him, she gave it all up in order to raise him, so Ye-jun wants to continue on with his mothers dream. He wants to dance and be graceful, and strong, like her and continue on what she gave up...to make her proud and show that she didn't give it all up.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:03 am
Username: spelldancer

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I’m more a plotter than an RPer right now. I’m open to almost any type of plot. I tend towards more mischief and silliness than serious plotting in general. That is just how my brain works. But I do enjoy a good serious plot, they are just harder for me. And of course, I want romance.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I love dancers and the pink eyes and sparkly hair just mesmerized me. Then the personality appeared and I was smitten. I want all the plots and shenanigans with other band members.

Name: Jae-Seong

Personality: Jae-Seong is an easy going guy who is eager to please. He rolls with everything and enjoys a challenge, which makes him someone who is always ready to try out a new thing. With endless energy Jae-Seong is the band member that can practice all day and then go party all night. He loves to spend time with his band mates and wants to make sure they are all happy. With a confidence that won’t quit, he is an endless energetic ball of encouragement and support. On stage he is strutting his stuff with a ready smile and inviting gaze. He loves performing and playing to the crowd.

Sub-Role: Sub-vocalist or sub-rapper (leaning towards sub-vocalist)

Motivations and Goals: Jae-Seong wants to build the band up to sensational heights and fame. All the while having fun and living life large. I imagine that he would be a ready conspirator with other band members for pranks and general chaos. While he isn’t looking, I want to find him an OTP (or 3) as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:55 am
Username:
Livarian

Role:
Main Rapper

Tell us a bit about your RP style:
Im pretty relaxed and open to trying anything. I only have a couple hard no's (Rape, incest, extreme mutilation). I would love to get more into the tribes and how things work. After the vampire event I went down the rabbit hole on White Wolf Wiki and am excited to get more into things.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?:
It's kpop. That alone had me sold on the concept. I've always loved kpop, and may or may not have a thing for a few main rappers. >.>
On that note I really like the idea of this bad boy rapper who is the one behind all the songs the band sings. Thus the personality behind the character came to me.

Name:
Yoon Kwang (Kwang simply means “wild.” Which would fit with his personality.)

Personality:
His on stage persona is that of the tough bad boy whos always getting into trouble. The kind of guy no father wants to see his little girl with. While off stage he couldn't be more different. He is caring, always putting his band mates first. The band is his family, and he makes sure they know it every day. He is dedicated, and will often hole himself up in his studio working on the lyrics for their next big hit. Meaning he does tend to need someone to remind him to eat and sleep.

Sub-Role:
Song Writer/Lyricist - He has a passion for coming up with the words to make their fans swoon. He also has a knack for pairing the members with the best lyrics for their personalities. He has also made it his goal to write the perfect solo for each member.

Motivations and Goals:
Kwang has always had a passion for music. Noctural Melody has given him the perfect outlet to do what he loves, while making a living and still getting to enjoy his life. Eventually he wouldn't mind finding someone to love, but they need to understand that his music and his brothers are everything to him. Ideally he would see NM at the top of the charts, as well as being a world wide sensation for MANY years to come. He will make sure that the band shines, and that each of them gets to show case just how great they all are.

Livarian

Blessed Prophet

Darkness and Wings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:50 pm
Username: Darkness and Wings

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I’ve only had once chance to RP, so I’m kinda more of a plotter right now. Lots of ideas. I don’t have a genre preference or any dislikes off the top of my head.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: Besides being super cute…. I love to sing, a singer type will be fun. I have a lot of ideas.

Name: Gi-Bae (Brave Inspiration)

Personality: When he sings he feels brave and unstoppable. Otherwise he is shy and an introvert. Bae likes to sit alone and write or draw. However he’s growing closer to his band mates with each gig.

Sub-Role: Song Writer, organizes gigs, will dance in sync with the others but won’t solo dance

Motivations and Goals: He is a pleaser, likes everyone around him to be happy. Not at the expense of himself though. He isn’t motivated by money or fame.

Username: Darkness and Wings

Role: Main Dancer

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I’ve only had once chance to RP, so I’m kinda more of a plotter right now. Lots of ideas. I don’t have a genre preference or any dislikes off the top of my head.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I have been dancing since before I can remember; including classes, clubs, and performances. He is super cute.

Name: Song Su-Jin

Personality: Su Jin is charismatic, sarcastic, and charming. He likes to be part of big groups of others, an extreme extrovert. His body is always moving, even if it’s ‘just’ tapping or wiggling while he talks.

Sub-Role: choreography, anything needed from him

Motivations and Goals: He lives in the moment. Tomorrow is a problem for tomorrow. His life goal is to live to the fullest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:09 pm
Username: Cheri

Role: Maknae

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I love fast paced back-and-forth RPs. I can get sucked into those for days at a time. However, I can also be slow to respond, with carefully thought-out replies. Plot-wise, I don't have a lot of hard nos. I'm super into romance and love a good story.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I like the ugly duckling story and think of Bae Sung-min as a newly minted swan. I also love the idea of a Kpop band.

Name: Bae Sung-min (Sung-min means bright and clever)

Personality: Everyone in Bae Sung-min's family assumed he'd go hard into academia or else into accounting because growing up he was quite a talented mathematician and STEM in general. Actually, this was a strongly favored path for the boy who was very much the ugly duckling. However, unbeknownst to his nuclear family, he had a passion for music and the talent to go with it. There is a lot of crossover between songwriting and mathematics, so that was a natural transition, but his singing and dancing ability was totally unexpected.

He's a brilliant young man who would have been the star of any academic program, but instead of attending university as expected, he went directly into idol training. This choice was not heavily supported and lead to a bit of a break with his family. He went through intensive training to get into the group Nocturnal Melody, competing against similarly talented young recruits. Fortunately, post-makeover, Sung-min stood out from the crowd. His dedication to his craft gave him an additional edge out over the competition. When his family finally saw him on stage, he was almost unrecognizable. On stage, Sung-min is confident and charismatic, evoking the aesthetic of the maknae as the youngest member of Nocturnal Melody. He plays up that role on stage, accentuating his youth while remaining the consummate professional.

Off stage he can be a bit shy and even a little nerdy. He's still developing his confidence, and can bottle things up something fierce. When his emotions do finally boil to the surface, they can be overwhelming. He'd rather swallow them down than deal with them, as they do tend to run deep. He's very serious and focused, which means that he can have a tendency to take setbacks and criticism very hard. That's not something he would openly admit. In public, he's very cute and fresh, not at all the introverted self he shows to the band. His attachment to the group runs deep... and he's working on his interpersonal skills.

Sub-Role: Sub-vocals and song writer

Motivations and Goals: Bae Sung-min is an extremely driven young man who is trying his very best to be the tip of the top that he can be. He is hyper professional and dedicated to his craft. He lives and breathes music and dance. You can find him practicing, practicing, and practicing. When he's not rehearsing, he's writing music. When he's not writing music, he's sleeping. His goal is to be an all-rounder. He probably pushes himself too hard, but if he's not pushing he's not trying hard enough - in his own mind. No one at home believed in him so he tries to believe in himself twice over.

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:51 pm
Username: ziennia_zen

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I roleplay often in other places and have one current one on Gaia, but I have an addiction and will ALWAYS start more. When school isn’t kicking my a**. I like to do all kinds of plots, ranging from romance to battle. I stay away from some of the more… risqué things, thought. I also prefer to only roleplay things I know will be a good plot/have some weight on a story, as it’s a little bit of a waste of time to roleplay something for a very short amount of time for what seems like nothing. However, I get very easily dedicated to a roleplay I love.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I’m listening to Stray Kids as a write this—I really love Kpop and Cpop. While the industry certainly isn’t the most inviting place and is in fact kind of toxic, I like the bands that retain their unique cultural style of a true boy/girl group rather than returning to Americanized boy band-type music. Also, the industry seems really fascinating to have a character in! I hadn’t considered it before, but it’s easy to make some cute plots and crunchy angst. Performing is probably stressful. I also love dance. I dance a lot in my free time and semi-professionally.

Name: Dal Ha-ru. (Meaning moon and sunrise/sunlight/spring. It fits his contrasting personality)

Personality: A bit of a tsundere. He has an RBF, seemingly entirely unapproachable and mean, but he’s used to adopting this appearance. When you meet him, he’s angry and aggressive, easily provoked (especially when his dancing is involved! However, at heart, he’s a big softie. He cares a lot about his work as a dancer with the group and really loves the other members, trying to do the most he can for them. It’s easier for him to express himself with dance and music rather than how he truly feels. That’s why he pours his heart into dancing, because it truly has all of him in it, and why he’s sensitive to critique on it. On stage, he slips into his happy, lovable boy persona easily—because it’s all the more easy with dance.

Sub-Role: Sub-visual! He isn’t much of a singer. (He *can* sing, and pretty well, he just doesn’t like it.)

Motivations and Goals: Obviously, he’s going to be perfecting his craft at all times. He’ll also be looking out for the group, in a much softer and big brotherly way than Su-jin Song. He’s not as strict with other members because he doesn’t want to step on the leader’s toes. But also, at heart, Ha-ru really couldn’t bring himself to be truly mean to someone. (He’s the type to SCREAM “I love you”). Other than that, he’s dedicated to his dance and definitely spends WAY too much time dancing. Like, an unhealthy amount. He forgets to eat and sleep with how much work he puts in. It’s all for the group.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:28 pm
Username: Seussi

Tell us a bit about your RP style: Most people know I love to write. When that spark of inspiration hits, and the muse juice flows, I love to hunker down and tell a good story. I don't think I have any hard no's. I like the cutesy stuff just as much as I love the extremes, and all the drama in-between.

I'm all for plotting and the headcanons when I can't find the time to make the words happen. I also love a good interconnected story and helping other people achieve their plot goals through my characters. When those plots can tie into my own? All the better.

RP-wise I like to give my posts a lot of meat. I want to make sure I'm always giving my RP partner something they can respond to and drive the RP forward in interesting ways. I like to have fun with it and see where things go~

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: Beyond the fact that aesthetically he checks off a lot of my boxes? There's something about the dancers (main or lead) that always appeals to me the most. Vocals and stage presence are great, but I am most entertained and enthralled by those who add that extra entertainment pizzazz in their extraordinary dance moves.

Plus he's got that charming, sophisticated street-wear fashion thing going on that is just *chef's kiss*. But, maybe that also goes back to my aesthetics checkbox.

Name: Min-Su

Personality: Min-Su is a bit of a dynamo on the stage. He's got energy for nights on end and will harness that energy to put on one helluva show every single time he performs with NM. He's got a variation in range to his dance styles, which gives him that jack-of-all-trades but master-of-none vibe that lends itself well to his position as lead dancer. He's available to do whatever the group needs in a key moment on stage, giving an awe-struck audience the visual performance that they crave with captivating finesse. He loves to showcase his versatility and will often offer innovative ideas to his bandmates on how best to do so.

Offstage, but still under the scrutiny of the fanbase, Min-Su radiates a friendly yet laid-back aura, a stark contrast from the dynamic entertainer who hits the stage night after night. He has carefully crafted a portrayal of himself for his fans as an easygoing, humble guy, which makes him all the more endearing to them. He appears well-grounded and expresses nothing but gratitude for all of their support.

Beyond closed doors, the hidden sass tends to slip out. He can be a bit of a tease, and a playful flirt when given half a chance. Occasionally, glimpses of this side of him make their way to the outside world, but he feels it only adds a pinch of harmless mystery to his overall image.

However, at the end of the night, to him, it is all about being an entertainer. Min-Su is a hard worker, and he gives his role in the group his all, whether it be at rehearsals, on the stage, or in front of the camera. He enjoys playing his part, and he really enjoys playing that part well.

Sub-Role: I'm thinking more sub-visual than sub-vocal. While he can still sing well enough, he would rather give more of his focus to how he can entertain the crowd's eyes.

Motivations and Goals: Min-Su's motivation seems to stem from a deep passion for the art of dance and a genuine joy in playing a 'part'. He feels he is an actor as much as he is a dancer and member of a kpop group. He kinda just wants to see how long he can keep it all up and where it will all take him.

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Sara Draconia

Crew

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:02 pm
Username: Sara Draconia

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I’m open for most anything though sometimes my brain is a bit derp. I like more slice of life kinda chill things mainly but I do like drama and stuff too. Chronically online so discord to hit me up for things mainly.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I love the vibe over all appearance wise and I enjoy the idea of having a singer/vocalist character.

Name: Ji-Yoon

Personality: Ji-Yoon is fairly chill when off stage, quiet and easygoing. He joined up because of his friend. When on stage he takes it all in and really shines, when it comes to music and his singing, he gets super involved and a bit carried away at some points. He loves the attention that being in the group gives him and often flirts along with them and the fans. He works to try and be the source of calm in the event of anything going down and will step in to try and mediate as well.

Sub-Role: Song Writer, he wants to bring his feelings into the music and has a lot of ideas he wants to share with his group mates.

Motivations and Goals: Growing up to a home of musicians, he always wanted to sing instead of playing an instrument. He wants to get to a point that his family can accept his skills and he can show that he made the right choice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:58 am
Contest now closed! <3  

ktqueen
Crew

★ Non-Staff Games & Events! ★

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items