Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Christmas traditions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:46 pm
Christmas is celebrated all around the world and there are different ways to celebrate it. In one country, I have heard they use wooden shoes. In another, it is more about being thankful for family rather than gifts. And then there is the Western way of doing things with a fancy feast and gift exchange.

How do you celebrate Christmas?

I celebrate it twice.

The first time is traditionally on December 24 and 25th. On the 24th, usually I go to my aunt's place and we have a feast as well as gift exchange and a money hunt. On the 25th, its a smaller feast, but its another gift exchange.

The other time I celebrate it is in January where its more about family. So there is a feast, but no gift giving. Its a time for stories.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:31 pm
The constant stuff we do on yearly basis is to set up the tree, open presents before/after church, and chillax after church/mass. We don't really "go all out" if we don't have the time/energy for it. We're all old now, haha.

My sister recently decided to add holiday dinner to the schedule now that she has a family of her own, so we all can decide if we want to bring our own dish over to her place if we want to.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:11 pm
We always go to Christmas Eve service, which always ends with candle-lit "Silent Night" - beautiful. Then we open a gift at home. The next morning we all meet at my parents' home for Santa gifts, stockings, Christmas Brunch, and Christmas dinner. This dates back to when my daughter was little and Santa had to go to my parents' home because they had a chimney and we didn't. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:51 pm
Cool! So, basically two traditional western style, with church being added. One thing that differs from you two so far and me is I do not go to church.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Village Commons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces