Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
2024 Cosplay and Convention Plans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:50 pm
With 2024 right around the corner, please use this thread to keep up to date on the costume information and plans that you'll be having over this next year.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:26 pm
For Sure Cons
(with planned Cosplays)

RetroX (Idaho Falls, Idaho) May 3-4th: Princess Daisy (Cosplay Contest, hubbs as Luigi) and Luigi, Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest VIII, possible friend as the hero), and two other uknown costumes, but possibly Pokemon Go Girl, Tsunade (Naruto), Cinderella (animated), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), and Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kuroneko Con (Spokane, WA) July 19-21: Cinderella and Fairy Godmother (Cosplay Contest, with friend), Gray (Black Clover), Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon/Hopefully/With same friend) and two other costumes with possiblities of: Tsunade (Naruto), Genaki (Yu Yu Hakusho), Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest VIII), Kororo (Shaman King), Princess Peach or Daisy with Mario or Luigi, Ms. Joke and Aizawa, Shinobu (Demon Slayer), Kero (Cardcaptor Sakura), Mei (Kigurumi, Turning Red), Naruto and Hinata (Boruto), Hinata (Naruto Shuppuden), Anna (Shaman King), Renge and Kyoya (Ouran High School), or Yor and Loid (SpyxFamily).
Snake River Horror and Pop Convention (Pocatello or Blackfoot ID) Oct 25-27: Witch to Goat Costume, Kororo from Shaman King, Shinobu (Demon Slayer), Yukina (Yu Yu Hakusho) and 1 or 2 more costumes that could include Anna (Shaman King), Kero (Cardcaptor Sakura), or a Vampire outfit.

Other Possible Cons

Isekai Con (Sandy, UT) February
Bordertown Comic Con (Ontario, OR) March
Gem State Comic Con (Boise, ID) April
AnimeTown UT (Sandy, UT) May
Idaho Horror and Pop Con (Boise, ID) July
FanX (SLC, UT) September
Anime Banzai (Layton, UT) October

Costume Build Plans

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen: Need to add an underlayer and accessories (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon: Need to make jacket piece, add skirt, make bows, paint shoes, make gloves and tiara, and get wig. (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Witch Costume: (Image C), hat in pieces, jewelry done, but additional accessories in progress. If I have time I'm going to have the witch transforming into a goat (otherwise it'll be a witch).
Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho: Need to buy shoes, wig, and finish making bow. Need to also make the Obi.
Daisy and Luigi: Need to finish skirt and then attach everything, make accessories, cut wig, buy Luigi shirt. (Will be done by May 3rd, 2024, Competition Cosplay)
Rapunzel and Eugene (Flynn) from Tangled: parts of it are cut out, currently painting the under skirt, have wig for Rapunzel, but not Eugene. (Hoping to be done by Dec/Nov)
Shinobu from Demon Slayer: Have all fabric, but the black twill for uniform, shoes are half way done, Haori needs finish markings and then sewn, and research how I'll be doing the butterfly hair piece, need to also buy wig. (Competition Cosplay)
Naruto and Hinata from Boruto: Have a wig and jacket for Naruto, all the fabric for Hinata. Need Wig for Hinata and shoes, pants, and "arm" for Naruto.
Yamuraiha from Magi: Need to make everything. It's pretty much mostly in pieces. (Cosplay Competition)
Edwardian Outfit: Have a dress, working on chemise, and have parts of the corset.
2nd Regency Outfit: Have the dress mostly done, will decorate.
Grey from Black Clover: Have everything, but shoes and belt fabric.
Anna from Shaman King: Have dress in pieces, need fabric for bandana, need wig and shoes.
Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest VIII: Have all the fabric, minus for whip.
Sailor Moon: Need fabric for bows, collar, and skirt. No Accessories.
Snow White: Have fabric to make part of the sleeves and the bodice, bow and collar.
Sailor Venus: Have skirt and collar fabric
Hinata from Naruto Shuppuden: Have pants almost done and have fabric for hoodie.
Yor and Loid from SpyxFamily: Have everything to make Yor's assassin dress and fabric for the shoes. (Cosplay Competition)
Fairy Godmother from Cinderella: Have all the fabric. This costume is for my friend and she will be incharge of her wig, wand, shoes, and undershirt(?). (Cosplay Competition)
Tsunade from Naruto: Need to remake top and need wig.
Naofumi and Raptalia from Rising of a Sheild Hero: We have some fabric and the shield  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:38 pm
Right now, the only con I plan on going to this coming year is Neko(staffing, because of course).

Unless I get voluntold to come help run the Neko table at another con somewhere, at which I will look at my friend(who is also head of HR) like she just smoked the biggest crack rock ever. gonk

So, yeah. Just Neko rn -- subject to change, of course.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:05 pm
My 2024 cosplay and event (not just conventions) plans are:

gaia_star Hatsune Miku Expo Concert on April 4 in Vancouver
- I’m going with a friend of mine. He’s a big fan of Miku and the concert is close to his birthday, so I ended up getting both of us VIP tickets. We both never been to a concert like that before, but have always wanted to. I’m intrigued how the whole setup works since the concert is dealing with non-human singers (Miku is the main singer, but her main crew is also known to be guest singers).
- I’m currently in the progress of getting a Purple Miku (Vocaloid) cosplay made by Emilie Gauvin Creation. This version of Miku is of her version 2 main outfit, but the turquoise is replaced by purple. The wig and tattoo will be from FM-Anime. While I’m a Gakupo/Gakuko cosplayer, purple Miku has always been on my ‘future cosplays’ list. I figured cosplaying purple Miku at the concert would be cool! (I would have cosplayed Gakupo at the concert though, if he was considered to be part of Miku’s main crew. XD)

gaia_star Calgary Expo for part of a day (most likely on the Friday for POW! Parade)
- I’m cosplaying Ceremonial Robe Silver (Twisted Wonderland) with a Twisted Wonderland group.
- I’m not buying a day ticket to get into the building since I will be basically hanging out to get photos outside the venue with my group for a bit before leaving. (Comic cons aren’t really my thing, tbh.)

gaia_star Otafest 2024 on Mother’s Day weekend
- On the Sunday, I’m cosplaying Sabrina (Pokemon: SoulSilver) as a tribute cosplay to my late friend, Polar Prince Cosplays. I have all the pieces for my Sabrina cosplay. I just need to modify the footwear, get the wig styled, and make the bracelets.
- On the Sunday, I’m also co-hosting a Tribute Cosplays To Polar Prince Cosplays photo shoot meetup, where a bunch of us will be wearing cosplays that reminds us of him (including cosplays we did or had planned on doing with my late friend) and his family is more than welcome to come hangout with us!
- While I don’t know which days (Friday/Saturday) that they’ll be worn yet, I’m also cosplaying Data Riku (Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded) and Ceremonial Robe Silver (Twisted Wonderland) to this anime convention. I’m also part of the same Twisted Wonderland group as before.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:19 pm
I only have one confirmed event so far this year, but I'll update once I know what time off work gets approved.

Fanimecon San Jose, CA, USA:
yum_cupcake Monster Hunter Rise- Kamura mix hunter
yum_cupcake Monster Hunter Rise- Kamura Blood Malice (tentative)
yum_cupcake Chrono Crusade- Rosette
yum_cupcake Panty and Stocking- school uniform stocking
yum_cupcake OG pink anime angel from the 2000s lol
yum_cupcake Mami Tomoe- Madoka Magica

Other cosplans:
yum_cupcake khux- hydrangea formal
yum_cupcake fate/stay- caster Nero  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:57 am
I've started working a little on a new costume Wonder Woman in 1942.

I had the fabric to make the shorts and the shoes are basically Sailor Moons (which I'm planning on doing). So I thought 'why not'. It'll also be cool since now I can join the local superhero group for events.

I don't really have a superhero (minus one) that I see in myself. The one that I do see in myself is more background like Dust from X-Men.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:57 am
KayaLing
My 2024 cosplay and event (not just conventions) plans are:

gaia_star Hatsune Miku Expo Concert on April 4 in Vancouver
- I’m going with a friend of mine. He’s a big fan of Miku and the concert is close to his birthday, so I ended up getting both of us VIP tickets. We both never been to a concert like that before, but have always wanted to. I’m intrigued how the whole setup works since the concert is dealing with non-human singers (Miku is the main singer, but her main crew is also known to be guest singers).
- I’m currently in the progress of getting a Purple Miku (Vocaloid) cosplay made by Emilie Gauvin Creation. This version of Miku is of her version 2 main outfit, but the turquoise is replaced by purple. The wig and tattoo will be from FM-Anime. While I’m a Gakupo/Gakuko cosplayer, purple Miku has always been on my ‘future cosplays’ list. I figured cosplaying purple Miku at the concert would be cool! (I would have cosplayed Gakupo at the concert though, if he was considered to be part of Miku’s main crew. XD)

gaia_star Calgary Expo for part of a day (most likely on the Friday for POW! Parade)
- I’m cosplaying Ceremonial Robe Silver (Twisted Wonderland) with a Twisted Wonderland group.
- I’m not buying a day ticket to get into the building since I will be basically hanging out to get photos outside the venue with my group for a bit before leaving. (Comic cons aren’t really my thing, tbh.)

gaia_star Otafest 2024 on Mother’s Day weekend
- On the Sunday, I’m cosplaying Sabrina (Pokemon: SoulSilver) as a tribute cosplay to my late friend, Polar Prince Cosplays. I have all the pieces for my Sabrina cosplay. I just need to modify the footwear, get the wig styled, and make the bracelets.
- On the Sunday, I’m also co-hosting a Tribute Cosplays To Polar Prince Cosplays photo shoot meetup, where a bunch of us will be wearing cosplays that reminds us of him (including cosplays we did or had planned on doing with my late friend) and his family is more than welcome to come hangout with us!
- While I don’t know which days (Friday/Saturday) that they’ll be worn yet, I’m also cosplaying Data Riku (Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded) and Ceremonial Robe Silver (Twisted Wonderland) to this anime convention. I’m also part of the same Twisted Wonderland group as before.

ADDING ANOTHER CON TO THE LIST! (Tbh, I had forgotten about possibly going due to weekend passes not available yet to buy and hotel costs until my friend asked me if I was still interested on going since she now had a spot to hotel it with her. XD)

gaia_star Anime North:
- It’s one of my dream cons to attend! I don’t do back to back cons. However, since Otafest isn’t the weekend before Anime North this year, I’m able to finally go! :’D
- I’m being Riku (either KH2 or KH3) for one of the days.
- I also made a list of potential other cosplays to wear, but I won’t know for sure which 2 other cosplays until the schedule of fandom photo shoot meetups is up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:44 am
Cosplay Update

For Sure Cons
(with planned Cosplays)

RetroX (Idaho Falls, Idaho) May 3-4th: Princess Daisy (Cosplay Contest, hubbs as Luigi) and Luigi, Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest VIII, possible friend as the hero), and two other uknown costumes, but possibly Pokemon Go Girl, Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), and Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kuroneko Con (Spokane, WA) July 19-21: Cinderella and Fairy Godmother (Cosplay Contest, with friend), Gray (Black Clover), and three other costumes with possiblities of: Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon/Hopefully/With same friend), Genaki (Yu Yu Hakusho), Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest VIII), Kororo (Shaman King), Princess Peach or Daisy with Mario or Luigi, Ms. Joke and Aizawa, Kero (Cardcaptor Sakura), Mei (Kigurumi, Turning Red), Naruto and Hinata (Boruto), Hinata (Naruto Shuppuden), Anna (Shaman King), Renge (Ouran High School)
Snake River Horror and Pop Convention (Pocatello or Blackfoot ID) Oct 25-27: Witch to Goat Costume, Kororo from Shaman King, Shinobu (Demon Slayer), Yukina (Yu Yu Hakusho) and 1 or 2 more costumes that could include Anna (Shaman King), Kero (Cardcaptor Sakura), or a Vampire outfit.

Other Possible Cons

Isekai Con (Sandy, UT) February
Bordertown Comic Con (Ontario, OR) March
Gem State Comic Con (Boise, ID) April
AnimeTown UT (Sandy, UT) May
Idaho Horror and Pop Con (Boise, ID) July
FanX (SLC, UT) September
Anime Banzai (Layton, UT) October

Finished Cosplays

Pokemon Go Girl

Costume Build Plans

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen: Need to add an underlayer and accessories (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon: Need to make jacket piece, add skirt, make bows, paint shoes, make gloves and tiara, and get wig. (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Witch Costume: (Image C), hat in pieces, jewelry done, but additional accessories in progress. If I have time I'm going to have the witch transforming into a goat (otherwise it'll be a witch).
Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho: Need to buy shoes, wig, and finish making bow. Need to also make the Obi.
Daisy and Luigi: Attach everything and add zipper, need fabric for sleeves, gloves in pieces, make accessories, cut wig, buy Luigi shirt. (Will be done by May 3rd, 2024, Competition Cosplay)
Rapunzel and Eugene (Flynn) from Tangled: parts of it are cut out, currently painting the under skirt, have wig for Rapunzel, but not Eugene. (Hoping to be done by Dec/Nov)
Shinobu from Demon Slayer: Have all fabric, but the black twill for uniform, shoes are half way done, Haori needs finish markings and then sewn, and research how I'll be doing the butterfly hair piece, need to also buy wig. (Competition Cosplay)
Naruto and Hinata from Boruto: Have a wig and jacket for Naruto, all the fabric for Hinata. Need Wig for Hinata and shoes, pants, and "arm" for Naruto.
Yamuraiha from Magi: Need to make everything. It's pretty much mostly in pieces. (Cosplay Competition)
Edwardian Outfit: Have a dress, working on chemise, and have parts of the corset.
2nd Regency Outfit: Have the dress mostly done, will decorate.
Grey from Black Clover: Have everything, but shoes and belt fabric.
Anna from Shaman King: Have dress in pieces, need fabric for bandana, need wig and shoes.
Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest VIII: Skirt, underskirt, leggings, and shoes and shirt done, working on corset, need to alter wig, and need material for whip for whip.
Sailor Moon: Need fabric for bows, collar, and skirt. No Accessories.
Snow White: Have fabric to make part of the sleeves and the bodice, bow and collar.
Sailor Venus: Have skirt and collar fabric
Hinata from Naruto Shuppuden: Have pants and headband done and have fabric for hoodie, under top and shoes. need to buy wig.
Yor and Loid from SpyxFamily: Have everything to make Yor's assassin dress and fabric for the shoes. (Cosplay Competition)
Fairy Godmother from Cinderella: Have all the fabric. This costume is for my friend and she will be incharge of her wig, wand, shoes, and undershirt(?). (Cosplay Competition)
Tsunade from Naruto: Need to remake top and need wig.
Naofumi and Raptalia from Rising of a Sheild Hero: We have some fabric, pattern for Raptalia, and the shield  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers