Show Opener: The Boss Welcomes Everyone Back

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:57 am
The show opens with a display of pyro live from the Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, Missouri

Drogan Grayson: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the return of Dragon's Honor Wrestling. DHW is back by popular demand and we're kicking off Tuesday Night Inferno with the boss himself.

Nigel Cade: Drako Damone is set to make an announcement as he addresses the return of his original promotion

The lights in the arena dim down as Ain't About the Money hits the PA.

Ahhhh, ahhhh
Ahhhh, ahhhh

blue and white lights begin to flash while a thin layer of smoke comes across the stage and down the ramp.

If you know like I know say
Ain't about the money, it's about the power (say)
Ain't about the money, it's about the power (you know like I know say)
Ain't about the money, it's about the power (say)
Ain't about the money, it's about the power

Drako steps out onto the stage to an eruption of cheers from his hometown fans, a first for him in over half a year and not just because he'd revived his original promotion

Think about it, think about it
Ain't no need to think about it
Get that Money, keep that power
No they not the same thing
Money can be anybody
This somebody, that nobody
When it comes to power
Circle, super small and maintain
Money make em' do it cause of what you give to em'
Power make em' do it cause you told them to do it
Money make you fly, power never die, don't know why
Money can be lost, power never need an alibi
Blood thicker than the champagne
Power in my pride, power in my last name

"..ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the sole owner of DHW, Drako Damone!!"

Drako takes a few moments to absorb the atmosphere before he makes his way down to the ring. Stepping into the ring, the boss takes up a mic and lets the music cut out.

"Welcome back to Dragon's Honor Wrestling! And welcome back to Tuesday Night Inferno!"

a break for cheers from the crowd.

"Now, I'm aware this may be somewhat of a surprise, and there has to be some questions why. Long story short, I got a call after the WWFG Survivor Series. Add in some messages and the point is, the return was much more highly requested than I would have expected, so here we are. And tonight, we're going to get things started big because we've got important business to handle. We need to crown a new DHW World Heavyweight champion and we're going to keep it simple with a tournament to do so. And to be clear, every wrestler who has signed a contract with DHW will be eligible and entered into the tournament. I'm not here to hold grudges. I'm not here to hold anyone down. And most importantly, I'm not here to wrestle. I'm here to run the show."

Drako walks across the ring and a light reveals a podium with the DHW World title belt resting on it.

"What that means, is my focus is first and foremost seeing who's going to prove worthy of holding that title belt right there. Who's going to continue it's lineage and more importantly, who's going to elevate it? Who has the drive and the will to be the face of this returning federation? Who thinks they're here for an easy payday, and who's here to actually do business? Your history with me in WWFG and elsewhere isn't important. What is important is what you can do here."

Drogan: A very direct answer to the obvious question in the arena here tonight. We're kicking things off with a tournament for the World title.

Nigel: Can't wait to see who Drako has signed here tonight.

"This title was held by a select few stars in it's time, starting with Major Devastation and on to the likes of the legendary Snypa Rifle, my brother Zarel Damone, and Shadow. Will another legend add their name to the list of DHW World champions or will someone new make their name here in the next few weeks? I think it's time we find out. So, how about I wrap this up and let you all see who's here tonight to take their shot for at the gold?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:22 am
Just as Drako was about to cut it wraps for his reintroduction of DHW. The PA system would begin to play another persons music. It's been so long, but the music is definitely familiar. Heart of Courage by Two Steps from Hell.

Drogan: "Could this be who we think it is!"

Nigel: "We haven't heard this in quite some time. But if its the same person, this is going to get intense quick!"

Indeed, it was none other than Trent. The former DHW World Heavyweight Champion, himself. A person who has deep rooted issues with Drako wherever he has been. Whether its in F:G or right here on the turf of the Dragon. This is the guy who wants to come out for the first returning moments of the federation!?

Low and behold, Trent would step out from behind the curtain. The crowd cheering within the moment. But are ready to bite their tongue. Knowing how despicable this man was in DHW and to Drako Damone back in the last moments of the business.

Trent would be staring down Drako Damone as he made his way down the ramp. Wearing some faded jeans, and a leather jacket over a black t-shirt. Sure, Drako was not surprised that this would happen. It almost seemed like he expected someone to come out and say something. But, did he expect the old face of the company to be the one. Hard to say!

Before entering the ring, Trent would grab a microphone from the staff who would have approached him as he made it ringside. Entering the ring shortly after.

Leaving the two men in the center of the ring to have a stare down.

Nigel: "You can cut the tension with a knife, here tonight!"

Drogan: "Yes you could. Trent is out here, but what does he want from the boss?"

The crowd would begin to chant multiple things such as "DHW" and "This is awesome." Ready for the action to unfold in front of them. But eventually, finally, Trent would raise the microphone he grabbed and turned to the crowd.

"I wanted to come out here. And say, WELCOME BACK TO DHW!"

The crowd would explode with cheers.

"It has been a long time coming, and I have missed everyone of you who were there for when I first broke the scene. You all, are the best crowd in the world. And I wanted to be here in the opening moments to tell you all, how much I appreciate you."

A little cliche of Trent, but it didn't make the words any more false than what they were.

Turning back to Drako, it was obvious the elephant in the room had to be addressed.

"I also came out here, to thank you. We have a checkered past. And hell, we may not like each other at all. But I respect everything you accomplished and everything you continue to do. So, I wanted to be the first one out here to shake your hand."

Extending out his hand as the crowd continued to be as lively as ever. No one expected to see this, especially right out the gate!  

somedudewithamic

Phantom

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:47 am
Hard for Drako to be completely surprised. after all, he's the only guy in charge so he's the one signing the contracts. That being said, he can't say he had a particular expectation for anyone in particular to come out first. How appropriate that it ended up being one of the former DHW world champions.

The Soaring Dragon listens as Trent addresses the crowd and then the boss himself. Drako looks at the extended hand with no small amount of suspicion.

Drogan: How will the boss respond here after years of issues with Trent?

Nigel: He just said that he wasn't here to hold grudges or hold anyone down. This is the test.

Finally, Drako shakes Trent's hand, much to the delight of the crowd. "Good luck tonight."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:06 pm
New music begins to play, Honor Never Dies by Hatebreed, which has the fans curiously looking towards the arena entrance.

Following the crowd pleasing STANDING ALONE of the intro, Cartwright enters the arena to the roar of the crowd.

Drogan: "HE'S HERE!"

Nigel: "CARTWRIGHT HAS RETURNED!"

Enjoying the cheers of the DHW fans, Cartwright makes his way towards the ring with a smile on his face, as he looks at Drako Damone and Trent inside the ring.

Wearing a red and white suit, Cartwright enters the ring between the top and middle rope, where he receives a microphone from a member of the ringside crew and his music fades-out.

Drogan: "Everybody knows of the history Cartwright has with Drako and Trent, it never stays calm for long."

Nigel: "It always makes for exciting television!"

Cartwright allows the fans cheers and applause to calm before he begins to speak.

Cartwright: "Thank you all for the warm welcome, you DHW fans always knew how to hype me up and keep me marching on!"

Crowd: "CARTY!
CARTY!
CARTY!"

Cartwright: "I have come back to DHW for one simple reason..."

Cartwright walks towards the podium inside the ring, as he looks out towards the audience.

Cartwright: "...I love a challenge in this business.
I have enjoyed breathing new life in to the business elsewhere and bringing joy to others.
But I return to DHW with a different mission.
A different type of challenge.
I come back to DHW to do something that I didn't get to do on my first run.
That is, of course, to win the DHW World Championship and prove that I am the best!"

The crowd cheers as Cartwright briefly looks towards the title, before turning to look at the men in the ring with him.

Cartwright: "Drako, you didn't have to sign me given our past, so I say thank you for the opportunity."

Cartwright says with no sarcasm, as many would expect.

Cartwright: "Elsewhere I may do this for everyone, but here I do this for me and my fans!"

Cartwright turns his attention towards Trent.

Cartwright: "Trent, the former DHW World Champion, who is looking to reclaim what he once held.
We all know that you are going to give it your all to win the DHW World Championship, just like I am.
We all know how excited you are for DHWs return!
I just want to let you know, that you had your time at the top here and now it is my time to show everyone what I am capable of!
Good luck!"

The crowd ooos as Cartwright extends his hand towards Trent, returning the test he gave to Drako.

Drogan: "It was all going so nicely!"

Nigel: "The English just can't help themselves!"

Cartwright

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

somedudewithamic

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:58 pm
Well, it seems the ring is getting littered with people who have an ugly past. But, Cart would give his thank yous to Drako. And extend his hand out to Trent, which he probably has never done before. Leaving the crowd oooing and cheering.

Trent smiled for a moment before raising the microphone back up.

"DHW. Would you like to see Trent and Cartwright let bygones be bygones and shake one anothers hand?"

Trent proposed the question, raising the microphone in the air so the crowd knew to express their feelings.

It almost sounded like a resounding yes as everyone wanted to see this momentous occasion take place.

Trent would nod, mouthing that he heard the crowd before extending his hand out and shaking the hand of Cartwright!

Talk about a lively crowd!

After shaking hands, Trent would have two more words left for Cartwright.

"Good luck!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:24 pm
I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
But i'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
(This animal, this animal)

"Animal I Have become" By Three Days Grace roars over the P.A. as the fans erupted into cheers and gasps for Creeker. Creeker strolls out from the behind the curtains onto the stage with a slight smirk. Creeker is wearing a grey beanie, dark blue t-shirt with a different blue colors long sleeve flannel unbuttoned overtop. To finish off his return outfit he is wearing black jeans, and black boots. In his right hand he is caring a wooden bat wrap in barbwire.

The crowd was stunned to see Creeker back in action. Crowd begins cheer more and more as he walks down the ramp toward the ring. As he climbs up the metal stairs and into ring through the second rope. He grabbed a microphone that was left there by a ring aid.

Creeker looked over at Cartwright and Trent after they shook hands. “I have seen this story way too many times. I see this outcome every time. Over and over. Maybe little spice over to make it different. But I do not trust anything dealing with Cartwright.” Creeker says as he looks at Cartwright before slowly turning directly towards Trent. “Or anyone willing to shake his slimy hand of grease.”

He looks back towards Cartwright before he began speaking.

“There is no new beginning because there was never ending. Our fight is endless and you will always be a dirty brit to me. You can try to win crow-Crowd begins to boo Creeker for bashing Cartwright. Creeker was stunned from the reaction from crowd. “Anyways, I hope you make it to the finals of this little tournament. Because I want to be one to beat you not this other guys. I want be the reason you are looking up at the lights, beltless.”  

Projectbloody

-Nuclear Fusion-

Mega Popular

9,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:48 am

"Woah woah woah, hold on a moment!"

The crowd's attention was instantly turned to the stage as none other than Nuke Fusion walked through the ramp holding a DHW microphone in his hands.

There was an instant cheer around the arena as he walked out with a stern face.

User Image

"Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. We have some amazing people here tonight in the ring, but none of those can compare to me!

Trent? Overrated.

Carwright? Past his prime.

Creeker? Who the

The crowd's cheers changed rapidly, almost instantly, into loud and horrific jeers. It seemed like Nuke was out here for a reason tonight, and that reason was evident - he wanted all the smoke.

"Wait a second, I might have forgotten someone.. someone I just may have had a past with. In fact, someone who just lost the WWFG World Heavyweight Championship.

Someone who lost the gold and then realised they were past it, so ran back to their own business.. just so they could feel important.

Oh yeah, it's the Soaring Douchebag- sorry, Soaring Dragon! Give it up for Drako, ladies and gentlemen!
"

There was instant hostility in the arena. One may have thought that Nuke had enough heat there but, oh no, he just wasn't done there yet.

"Can any of you dipshits out there in the audience tell me who the

Cue another barrage of intense hatred here, all set for Nuke Fusion. This was the man who had recently been competing in WWFG as a babyface, but was getting the complete opposite reaction here.

"I'm not going to waste anyone's time here more than you've wasted mine by being out here and taking my spotlight. I'm here for one reason only, and that's to make the biggest statement.

I never got my earned and deserved World Championship shot in that other place, so I've come here to take the gold that would fit around my waist so well.

Because.. let's face it.. there's three other guys out here, and none of you are World Champion material.
"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:27 am
Cartwright listens to both Creeker and Nuke, looking a little surprised by Creeker's outburst, but amused by Nuke's.

Cartwright: "So you have been a fan of mine over the years Creeker, watching me from afar while you have done....whatever you have been doing over the last decade!
To think that I was so happy to see you a few minutes ago!
I may be a dirty Brit, I can admit to not being the perfect human being.
We have all done things that we may not be proud of in this wrestling business.
But if I am a dirty Brit, I am THEIR dirty Brit!"

Cartwright points directly towards the fans who let out a cheer.

Cartwright: "It sounds like you have some unresolved issues with me Creeker, maybe if you still have the ability to move forward in the tournament, you will get your chance to release all this resentment that you have inside you.
Resentment that clearly comes from jealously.
You may have had success in this business, but when you compare our careers, you must wish that you had the 'spark' in you to have created the legendary figure that I have for myself!"

The crowd gasps as Cartwright drops a truth bomb on Creeker.

Cartwright: "As for you, Nuke Fusion, I would expect that bravado out of you.
You can talk the trash and back it up, but if you really think that I am past my prime, you can treat me like that in our tournament match later tonight and let's see what happens!
Please underestimate me!
Please don't consider me World Championship material!
Because that way, when I defeat you, it will be even sweeter for me and even more sour for you!"

Drogan: "It appears that Cartwright has a target on his back."

Nigel: "That's what happens when you make such a big name for yourself at everyone else's expense!"

Drogan: "What a ridiculous thing to say Nigel."

Nigel: "People wouldn't want to kill him if Cartwright acted like Mother Teresa!"

Cartwright

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

-Nuclear Fusion-

Mega Popular

9,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:31 am

User Image

Nuke chuckled to himself for a few moments as Cartwright addressed himself, though he was not finished with the conversation either.

"Underestimate you, Carty?

Please believe me that I have all due respect for a fellow legend of this business.

But also believe that respect only goes so far, and your days are numbered, my friend. Perhaps this is your last great hoorah before you descend into retirement and irrelevancy.

Perhaps you're living out your best dats one last time, and just clinging on to that roar from the crowd you get, when you step out on to this very stage.
"

Nuke looked out across the arena, then stared directly at his opponent for the night again.

"Shall I clarify when I say that you're past your prime..

Or am I just pointing out the painstakingly obvious?

You've been in this business longer than I have, old chap. You've been World Champion many times over, run your own businesses, and now you get this one last chance.

Everyone loves the return of a legend, but we all know that they're short-lived and that legend can always be put into jeopardy with a particularly bad run and return.

Let's just hope for your sake that you're.. up to scratch.
"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:01 am
Well. It seems the overrated Trent had been forgotten amongst those who wanted to send shots at Cart. If anyone remembered how Trent felt about pride and the spotlight in the old days of DHW, most people would be shocked at the man just standing by as he was left in the back of the conversations mind.

Finally, he broke his silence.

"I have known Cart for a long time, very personally. Probably more so than anyone else has. For better or for worse. Mainly worse."

The crowd would laugh at the jest.

"Cartwright, at all times, has competed at the very highest level. Almost my equal, even after competing for so long at the level he has."

"I have all the respect for you, Nuke. We have very limited history, but the things you have done, demand respect. But, like you said about Cart. You've been around the block for quite some time. Hell, in another company you were treading the thoughts of retiring for good. But here you are, one last run."

The crowd would let out some 'ooo's'.

"And since I have everyone's attention."

Trent would now point at Creeker.

"We have no history, and you obviously have no bad intentions toward me. Even though I did shake Cart's hand. I get the contempt, believe me. Cartwright will always be one of the people I hated the most. But, sometimes you have to let things go and set your sights on the right prize."

Trent would let his hand fall back to his waist side, as he began to pretend there was a belt around his waist.

"At the end of this tournament, regardless of who it is, I will meet you in the finals and finally reclaim the DHW World Heavyweight Championship."  

somedudewithamic

Phantom

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:28 am
The Boss has been in the corner leaning against the buckle this whole time, listening and smirking on occasion. But now it's about time for him to speak.

"Now, I'm not one to get but so involved when I'm not the one about to step in the ring but I can't help but point out a couple things here. First off, I want to know how I spent the past six months bashing Nuke Fusion's skull in and yet Cartwright is somehow still more hated than I am? Is it the accent? I bet it's the accent that gives that little cherry on top of the hate sundae."

Drako turns his glance to Nuke.

"Speaking of which, hey, I signed you before I tried to sign the kid. I figured with him doing what you couldn't do, beating me for the title, you might have a little something to prove. Now you're here dropping nukes on my roster, pun intended. There's the Nuke Fusion I was waiting for all this time. But are you better at my favorite pastime of punching Cartwright in the face than I am? I guess we'll see tonight."

Now it's Creeker's turn.

"As for you, looks like tonight, you're up first and you're facing a guy that claims he's Better Than You......and no that wasn't a reference that's his name. Now, last time I saw you was like four or five years ago and you picked a fight with the OG, the Dragon. Gave him a good one so let's say, I'm expecting great things out of you."

And lastly there's Trent.

"Now in you I've got a former DHW World heavyweight champion. And I'm like everyone else here. Are we getting a nice comeback story of the former champion returning to top his original title run? Or will the new blood,
Mack "Real Deal" Ferrigno, take you out in the first round?"

But there is one more match on the card to address.

"To sort of round out our first round of the tournament here, I decided I wanted to see what happens when monsters collide, so another guy that I'm pretty sure has beef with me, Bison Mbadi, takes on Mister Mirage, who frankly confuses the crap out of me but I like a bit of mystery sometimes. But you know, since my run in WWFG keeps getting mentioned, I just got a question for you all. Which one of y'all can not only come in here and win a tournament, but top what I did with that title?"

The boss grins and tosses the mic with that last parting shot, exiting the ring as his music hits. Looks like he'd lit a spark after all here tonight  
Archives (2024 & on)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games