Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Student Profiles
Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey ~ Accepted (2)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:13 am
Name: Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey

Basic Information:

Nicknames: Well, ‘Finn’, of course

Birthday: August 25th, 2050

Blood Status: Pureblood, I think, not that it really matters. Dad’s a Squib

Wand: Hazel, dragon heartstrings, ten and three quarters inch, arrow straight, but flexible. Decorated with Celtic knotwork

Sexual Orientation: TBD

Face Claim: Random red-haired anime school boy

School and Career:

Attending: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Gryffindor

Year: Second

Best Lessons:

■ Transfigurations
■ Charms
■ Flying

Worst Lessons:
■ Astronomy
■ History of Magic (Military History is more interesting)
■ Potions

Clubs:

■ Art Club
■ Adventurer's Club
■ Music Club
■ Gryffindor Quidditch Team (1st Year: Keeper)

OWL Scores:
■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

NEWT Scores:

■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

Current Employment: Student

Dream Job: Dunno yet, I’m only twelve

Personality:

■ Focused- If I’m doing something I’m really into, I am like zoned out to the rest of the world. Dragon flying by? Sorry, mate, didn’t catch it, I was busy.
■ Loyal- Family is family, mates are mates. It’s that simple, really.
■ Been told by folk I got more guts than brains, take after my mum, I guess. Nothing wrong with a level of bravery.
■ When I set my mind to something, I’ll stick it out until it’s done.
■ I have trouble sitting still when I’m bored, so I usually try to have some kind of project going to keep me busy.
■ Confident. I know I can do things, if people would just give me the chance.

■ Playing football with my mates. Can’t do that anymore, so I’ll settle for playing Quidditch.
■ Followed the Irish team since I was little cause Mom, and Aunt Hannah too, but they’ve retired from playing now, so I’m a Kenmare supporter these days
■ I really like playing music, and hanging out with the Causeway Hares. I can play guitar (acoustic and electric), fiddle
■ Pizza, although most sorts of pub-grub are good with me too. I’ll try anything with potatoes in it, except cauliflower
■ Celtic rock, folk music, some jazz

Dislikes:

■ Cauliflower tops the list. Don’t care if Linsey’s cooking it, no way I’m touching it.
■ Not being able to play football with my mates. I mean, just because I’m a wizard, its like nope can’t do it. Its like they don’t trust us or something.
■ Sitting through Religion class and Sunday school lessons. They really do love going on about things, don’t they?
■ Being bored, its frustrating. By the way, did you know fidget-spinners can fly?
■ Having a babysitter. Don’t get me wrong, Linsey’s cool and all, but I can handle things myself, really. No, really…

Hobbies:
■ Quidditch
■ Playing guitar and I’m an okay singer
■ RPGs and games with model soldiers (they’ll be even cooler once I figure out how to animate them).

Strengths:
■ Detail-Oriented, I’m all about getting it right the first time
■ I can adapt to change pretty quickly. I may or may not like it, but I can roll with it.

Weaknesses:

■ Pugnacious (that’s a polite way of saying I’m stubborn)
■ Well, if I’m not otherwise occupied, um, well, my mind starts going in other directions, and that might not go well.

Fears:

■ Spiders
■ The big nasty gales and hurricanes that come off the ocean, the ones that shake the house and rattle the windows. They scare Mum too, so…

Patronus:
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities:
Animagus Form:
Apparition Status:
Flying Certification: Yes

Languages:

■ English (Native)
■ Irish (Native) Yes, I can sing comfortably in Irish
■ Latin (enough to get through classes)

History:

Childhood: Finn was born on August 25th, 2051, coming into the world in the manner most of the Greys’ children have over the years. He was born in the Grey Priory, delivered by his great grandmother, Mother Grey in the comforting confines of the Grey Priory, and with the family gathered to witness it. Growing up in a family with a strong magical tradition, Finn became well used to having magic around him from the earliest time in his life. Quidditch and music were also fixtures in his life, as his mother and his aunt were longtime members of the Irish national Quidditch team, and his parents were members of a Celtic rock band known as the Causeway Hares

School Years: As was also traditional, Finn attended the primary school affiliated with the church the Greys have been fixtures of for centuries. Having the family name to live up to, especially given his older cousin, Linsey, was there not so long previously, Finn had to work hard, though it wasn’t all bad, as he also quickly became a fixture of the school’s football (soccer) team.

Shortly after turning ten, Finn started having a series of magical accidents happen take place about him. Thankfully, most of these incidents were harmless and took place away from where Muggles might have seen them. However, one day when he and a girl he was friends with were walking home from the local park, they were approached by a gang of older boys who were planning to beat them up for whatever they had on them.

Somehow, Finn managed to call up what was described later as being a large shaggy-haired black dog, it’s growling and menacing presence causing the older boys to flee in panic. Afterwards, there was no sign of any such dog having been there, and a team of Obliviators were sent to clean up the mess. Much to Finn’s disappointment, he was homeschooled the rest of the school year, causing him to lose his spot on the football team. However, it was shortly into the summer he received his letter from Hogwarts…

The Sorting Hat:
The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A wild streak and an adventurous spirit?
A loyalty that never seems to end?
I think you'll find your groove in...

GRYFFINDOR!

First Year: Well things were off and running right out of the gate, getting Sorted into the very same House as me own mum. That was definitely aces in my book, as was getting the chance to fly fer her old squad at school. In my case, I plumped fer the job of Keeper, as they needed one. I kept Ella company when Linsey opened the Art Club, and I got to see the dragon Mom created for her NEWT for myself and got to see ol' George fly around the Art Room. I also joined the Music Club, which means I have some place to keep up my practice, although I was annoyed Dad wouldn't let me bring the violin and all my guitars to school, as Dad said I'm here to study magic not music.

One grand surprise was finding out Ella can play piano, and she can sing, and the three of us had an impromptu jam session one evening, when Ella forgot to show up to supper. One major downer came when it came to playing Quidditch, as we got swept in our three matches this term. The last game felt as though we were about to get relegated like an inferior football team. However, what was most important was I got through my first year just fine, and had solid grades to show for my efforts, and didn't need to bother Linsey overly much for help.

Second Year:

Third Year:

Fourth Year:

Fifth Year:

Sixth Year:

Seventh Year:

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: Lochlainn MacDavis (Father), Fianna MacDavis-Grey (Mother), Freya MacDavis-Grey (sister), Conall Cavendish (Uncle), Siobhan ‘Hannah’ Grey-Cavendish (Aunt), Linsey Grey-Cavendish (cousin), Llewella ‘Ella’ Grey-Cavendish (cousin, adopted), Selina Grey (Aunt (‘Aunt Lynn’))

Friends:

Best Friend:

Romantic Interest:

Enemies:

Pets: I can have a doggo of my own, but Mom and Dad dinnae want to be haventa transport two of them. Guess I'll be borrowing Blannat from Linsey and Ella fer another year.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created: January 24th, 2024
Pending: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 01/24/2024
Accepted: ✯ Alice ✯ 05/04/2024
Updated: May 8th, 2024

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 12:26 pm
Name: Finneas 'Finn' MacDavis-Grey

Basic Information:

Nicknames: Well, ‘Finn’, of course

Birthday: August 25th, 2050

Blood Status: Pureblood, I think, not that it really matters. Dad’s a Squib

Wand: Hazel, dragon heartstrings, ten and three quarters inch, arrow straight, but flexible. Decorated with Celtic knotwork

Sexual Orientation: TBD

Face Claim: Random red-haired anime school boy

School and Career:

Attending: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Gryffindor

Year: Second

Best Lessons:

■ Transfigurations
■ Charms
■ Flying

Worst Lessons:
■ Astronomy
■ History of Magic (Military History is more interesting, though)
■ Potions

Clubs:

■ Gryffindor Quidditch Club (Keeper)
■ Art Club
■ Adventurer's Guild

OWL Scores:
■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

NEWT Scores:

■ Astronomy ~ X
■ Charms ~ X
■ Herbology ~ X
■ History of Magic ~ X
■ Potions ~ X
■ Transfiguration ~ X
■ Elective ~ X

Current Employment: Student

Dream Job: Dunno yet, I’m only twelve

Personality:

■ Focused- If I’m doing something I’m really into, I am like zoned out to the rest of the world. Dragon flying by? Sorry, mate, didn’t catch it, I was busy.
■ Loyal- Family is family, mates are mates. It’s that simple, really.
■ Been told by folk I got more guts than brains, take after my mum, I guess. Nothing wrong with a level of bravery.
■ When I set my mind to something, I’ll stick it out until it’s done.
■ I have trouble sitting still when I’m bored, so I usually try to have some kind of project going to keep me busy.
■ Confident. I know I can do things, if people would just give me the chance.

■ Playing football with my mates. Can’t do that anymore, so I’ll settle for playing Quidditch.
■ Followed the Irish team since I was little cause Mom, and Aunt Hannah too, but they’ve retired from playing now, so I’m a Kenmare supporter these days
■ I really like playing music, and hanging out with the Causeway Hares. I can play guitar (acoustic and electric), fiddle
■ Pizza, although most sorts of pub-grub are good with me too. I’ll try anything with potatoes in it, except cauliflower
■ Celtic rock, folk music, some jazz

Dislikes:

■ Cauliflower tops the list. Don’t care if Linsey’s cooking it, no way I’m touching it.
■ Not being able to play football with my mates. I mean, just because I’m a wizard, its like nope can’t do it. Its like they don’t trust us or something.
■ Sitting through Religion class and Sunday school lessons. They really do love going on about things, don’t they?
■ Being bored, its frustrating. By the way, did you know fidget-spinners can fly?
■ Having a babysitter. Don’t get me wrong, Linsey’s cool and all, but I can handle things myself, really. No, really…

Hobbies:
■ Quidditch
■ Playing guitar and I’m an okay singer
■ RPGs and games with model soldiers (they’ll be even cooler once I figure out how to animate them).

Strengths:
■ Detail-Oriented, I’m all about getting it right the first time
■ I can adapt to change pretty quickly. I may or may not like it, but I can roll with it.

Weaknesses:

■ Pugnacious (that’s a polite way of saying I’m stubborn)
■ Well, if I’m not otherwise occupied, um, well, my mind starts going in other directions, and that might not go well.

Fears:

■ Spiders
■ The big nasty gales and hurricanes that come off the ocean, the ones that shake the house and rattle the windows. They scare Mum too, so…

Patronus:
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus:

Special Abilities:
Animagus Form:
Apparition Status:
Flying Certification: Yes

Languages:

■ English (Native)
■ Irish (Native) Yes, I can sing comfortably in Irish
■ Latin (enough to get through classes)

History:

Childhood: Finn was born on August 25th, 2050, coming into the world in the manner most of the Greys’ children have over the years. He was born in the Grey Priory, delivered by his great grandmother, Mother Grey in the comforting confines of the Grey Priory, and with the family gathered to witness it. Growing up in a family with a strong magical tradition, Finn became well used to having magic around him from the earliest time in his life. Quidditch and music were also fixtures in his life, as his mother and his aunt were longtime members of the Irish national Quidditch team, and his parents were members of a Celtic rock band known as the Causeway Hares

School Years: As was also traditional, Finn attended the primary school affiliated with the church the Greys have been fixtures of for centuries. Having the family name to live up to, especially given his older cousin, Linsey, was there not so long previously, Finn had to work hard, though it wasn’t all bad, as he also quickly became a fixture of the school’s football (soccer) team.

Shortly after turning ten, Finn started having a series of magical accidents happen take place about him. Thankfully, most of these incidents were harmless and took place away from where Muggles might have seen them. However, one day when he and a girl he was friends with were walking home from the local park, they were approached by a gang of older boys who were planning to beat them up for whatever they had on them.

Somehow, Finn managed to call up what was described later as being a large shaggy-haired black dog, it’s growling and menacing presence causing the older boys to flee in panic. Afterwards, there was no sign of any such dog having been there, and a team of Obliviators were sent to clean up the mess. Much to Finn’s disappointment, he was homeschooled the rest of the school year, causing him to lose his spot on the football team. However, it was shortly into the summer he received his letter from Hogwarts…

The Sorting Hat:
A wild streak and an adventurous spirit?
A loyalty that never seems to end?
I think you'll find your groove in...

GRYFFINDOR!

First Year:

Second Year:

Third Year:

Fourth Year:

Fifth Year:

Sixth Year:

Seventh Year:

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: Lochlainn MacDavis (Father), Fianna MacDavis-Grey (Mother), Freya MacDavis-Grey (sister), Conall Cavendish (Uncle), Siobhan ‘Hannah’ Grey-Cavendish (Aunt), Linsey Grey-Cavendish (cousin), Llewella ‘Ella’ Grey-Cavendish (cousin, adopted), Selina Grey (Aunt (‘Aunt Lynn’))

Friends: Members of the Quidditch team, members of the Art Club and the Adventurer's Guild

Best Friend:

Romantic Interest:

Enemies:

Pets: Now I can have a doggo of my own, we've already got Blannat, and we don't want to transport a second to Hogwarts, so I'll just wait until Linsey graduates.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created: January 24th, 2024
Pending: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 01/24/2024
Accepted: ✯ Alice ✯ 05/04/2024
Updated:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Student Profiles

Manage Your Items