User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[PRP between Hermes and Konichi for the February RP prompt. Words = 820]

Panic and dread flowed through Hermes' body like a raging river. The plan was simple enough: find a land dweller that could assist in collecting and trading information and items from the surface world. Their plan was coming together well enough, especially when the seathi managed to find another soul who was willing to help him in his search for her own reasons. But Hermes' task had slowly started to rot like a beached fish under the summer sun.

He knew he had no one to blame but himself, and yet he could not bring himself to accept the downfall. He didn't want to believe that what he had done could be seen as a slight against his partner in crime. After all, all he had chosen to done was to protect her from harm. So, why was she now so angry at him? 

The sound of his own heartbeat filled his ears as his gaze slowly shifted forward. Konchi's figure filled his vision, her look of pure fury and disappointment did nothing to lift his spirits. If he wanted any chance of saving their friendship he would have to tread carefully. 

"I...," Hermes had to pause as the mare's gaze hardened, but she did nothing to stop him from talking. "I didn't mean to hurt you, but I know that doesn't excuse the fact that I did. I just- I don't know I- I guess I figured that it would be better if you didn't know what that kelpi was planning, you know? I thought it would be best if you just thought the plan fell through. I thought...I thought I was protecting you. I'm sorry..." 

Hermes' gaze returned to the darkening waters below him. A light flinch ran through his body as he heard the mare scoff at his words, ears pinning back at the anticipation of screaming. But it never came. 

Sighing, all Konchi could do was shake her head. Everything within her tiny body wanted to scream at the seathi she once considered a friend, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. Yes, she was angry. She was disappointed. She was annoyed. But most of all she was just tired and sad at this point. 

"I know you're sorry, Hermes, but that just...it doesn't fix any-," the stallion's gaze quickly shot back up as if he was about to interject, but her glare quickly stopped that, "It. Doesn't. Fix. Anything. Yeah, we could always find someone else to make a deal with, but it doesn't fix the issue between you and I!" 

Hermes flinched at the last statement. "W-what do you mean? What issue? Have I been doing something wrong? You..you've never brought up anything before." 

As far as he was aware things were fine between them. Yeah, as business partners that had disagreements on how to go forward with different...projects...before, but they usually came to some kind of agreement down the line. 

"The problem is you always deciding what is best for me or best for us!" she screamed in frustration, "What right do you have deciding that I didn't need to know what that Adalinda was planning all along! That he planned to kidnap us and trade us to who knows who!? Why don't I have a right to know, huh!? Do you think I'm stupid? That I'm too fragile to process that information or something!?" 

"I-I just-" 

"You just what, Hermes!? Spit it out!" she yelled while swimming right up to Hermes' face. 

Konchi was beyond done at this point. Yes, she had initially planned to not act her anger, but the more she thought about the issue the more her frustrations started to boil over. 

She would never be able to deny that she had come to care for Hermes as a good friend, but maybe it was time for them to part ways for a while. It was clear they both had their own adventures to go on and their own growing to do. 

It hurt to see her friend stare back with such a look of fear and confusion, but maybe the silence said everything he couldn't articulate. He meant well, but acted poorly. That much was clear. 

"Look," Konchi sighed again as she started to back away. "maybe it's best if we just take some time apart. You know...just do our own thing for a while." 

"What, but..."

Panic started to set in at her words. Had he really hurt her that much? What did she mean by separating for a while? Everything within him wanted to stop her, but he knew that would just make things worse. 

"When will we see each other again?" 

"Who knows. But...maybe we'll see where we're both as if we ever cross paths again...Good luck, Hermes." 

With a sad smile Konchi swam off, leaving her once good friend behind. 

"Good luck, Konchi...."