Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hospital Wing
Tamhas Ghobhainn's Bed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:35 pm
User Image

As the nurse places you onto the bed, the crisp clean sheets shifted lightly. Their fresh scent was subtly and relaxing. Near by a small table sat unadorned. Sometimes a calico cat could be seen siting there watching over you. To both sides are cloth screens for privacy. The large windows let in plenty of light. At night small lamps are lit next to the beds until the nurse comes around and dims them. This is your bed for your stay in the hospital wing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Fourth Floor - Unused Classroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hesperia & Madame Kavanagh
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Oh man
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Well, looks like we're on the mend

I'ᴍ ᴀɴ σвנєcт ιη мσтιση, I'ᴠᴇ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀʟʟ ємσтιση
Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ
вяσкєη, ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ∂αηcє
σвנєcт ιη мσтιση, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ gσιη'
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ
gσιη' ɪs яιgнт ωнєяє I αм

Tàmhas leaned against Hes as they walked, the only things keeping him upright being the solid of his bonus leg and the support of his friend. It was a long walk, but finally they made it to the Hospital Wing. Hes cried out for help, then shifted him a bit. He sank a bit further into her side, vision fading in and out. When the healer came over to examine them, she seemed a bit upset. Tàm tried to say it was his fault, he'd created this whole mess, but he honestly wasn't sure his voice could be heard over the rushing pain in his head. It was a second later that he was tilted the other direction, now leaned against the Healer herself.

Tàm stumbled as he walked, trying to look down at the sharp pain firing up his arms. Madame Kavanagh so nicely set him on the clean white linens of one of the beds, the curtains closed on all but one side. Within a second, the blood was gone and the restraints created in Hes' carefully knotted jumper were untied. It was the first time seeing the precisely cut lines in his skin, but they were almost instantly washed away, leaving his thin arms a blank canvas once more. The healer said she was going to get a potion, so the teen looked over at Hes. His head was still heavy, full of the rushing of his blood as his heart tried desperately to keep him going, but he needed her to know. "Hes, a'm sorry. Ah shouldn't hae dane that. Shouldn't hae caused ye this mae stress. Bit ta. Ye'r a true pal." He nodded slowly, the motion making his brain rock like a boat on a stormy sea. Green eyes trained on the girl as his hand slipped down, patting the bed beside him. She looked just as rough as he did and he was certain he couldn't catch her if she collapsed.

A small vial of potion was gently pushed into his hands and he drank without thinking too much about what it was. It didn't take but a breath before he started to feel better. Madame Kavanagh handed Hes a few lollies, which confused the nymph, but hey, maybe she had low blood sugar or something. He'd figure that out later. His strength was returning, which was great, but all the stress was spilling back into his brain like a broken dam.

{{Wearing :: Cozy Sweater with rolled up sleeves}}
          {{OoC: PLOT REQUESTED & APPROVED - Post 6/?}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE & Áedán
          AliceInWonderland0921

I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ мσνє ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs тσωη, ʙᴜᴛ єνєяуσηє ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀᴄᴋɪɴɢ ɪs тιяιηg
          I sᴀɪᴅ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ωσякιηg συт, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ƒυcкιη нυηgяу, ᴀɴᴅ ѕcяєω уσυ, I'ᴍ тιяє∂
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ вιg ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ρℓαηѕ, sᴏ ᴡʜʏ ᴀᴍ I sᴏ тιηу, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜʏ ᴀᴍ I sᴏ мα∂?
          Iᴛ's ιηєятια, ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ωнαт I αм... I'ᴍ ⳽tᥙᥴƙ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ℓιƒє, ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ⳽tᥙᥴƙ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ραηтѕ
          I'ᴍ ᴀɴ σвנєcт ιη мσтιση, I'ᴠᴇ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀʟʟ ємσтιση ~ Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ вяσкєη, ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ∂αηcє
          σвנєcт ιη мσтιση, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ gσιη' ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ gσιη' ɪs яιgнт ωнєяє I αм

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hospital Wing
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Tàmhas and Healer Kavanagh
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Panic attacks and stress
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh thank God

All at once, Healer Kavanagh appeared and was asking what had happened and truthfully, Hes didn't have an answer. She didn't know why Tàmhas had been bleeding and at the time, she hadn't cared the reason. All she knew was she had to stop the bleeding and get help. Now that she had a moment to think about it, she had seen a knife on the floor. Had he hurt himself?! Healer Kavanagh took Tàm's weight off her and instructed her to follow the healer back to a bed. Hes hadn't been aware exactly how much weight she'd been supporting and was suddenly very aware of how exhausted she was, partially from carrying Tàmhas and partially from fighting off the demon within her. When the blood was cleaned from her, Hes could relax a little. The smell was gone from her clothes and hair but it still lingered in her nose like a tantalizing tendril striking into her brain. Hes watched Healer Kavanagh unbind his wounds and the preteen wobbled a little at the new smell of blood. But it was gone a second later as she closed the wounds. Thank God...

After Healer Kavanagh said she was going to get him a blood replenishing potion, Tàmhas said he was sorry for hurting himself and putting her through the stress. She'd still been crying the whole time, but fresh tears sprang to her eyes. She sat down on the bed and hugged him tightly. "No, no, no... Don't... I'm just glad you're okay..." The preteen refused to break the hug until Healer Kavanagh returned with the potion for Tàm. At least without the smell of blood everywhere, she could control the monster in her. But Healer Kavanagh had an answer for that too, when Hes was handed a few lollies that she instantly recognized as a blood lolly. The brunette unwrapped one and immediately shoved it in her mouth. It would help with the blood craving.

"So... uh... something bad happened... right? That's why this happened? Do you... do you want to talk about it?" Light brown eyes looked down at the mattress, then back up at her friend who she could see was hurting. Why hadn't she noticed this before? Maybe she could have prevented this? "You... you don't have to if you don't want to... But... I'm here. And I'm not going anywhere." She reached out and rested her hand on Tàm's, letting him know she wasn't about to leave him here all alone. She knew how hard it was to let someone in, especially with emotions, and while she was young, she'd lived a lot in her few years. Having lost all her Muggle friends to the demon inside her, she wasn't about to lose her best Magical friend to whatever demon was eating at him.

Sʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ, Pᴜʟʟᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ ᴡᴀs ɪᴄᴇ
          Sʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sʜᴇ'ᴅ ғɪɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʀʀᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ʟᴇғᴛ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Vᴀᴍᴘʏʀᴇ's ᴄʀʏ, Iᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ! Vᴀᴍᴘʏʀᴇ's ᴄʀʏ, Lɪᴋᴇ Gᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs
          Sᴛᴀʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀᴅ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴅᴏᴏʀs ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs
          Kɴᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴄᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ sᴋʏ, Sʜᴇ ᴄᴜᴘᴘᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴀɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ʟɪғᴇ
          Wᴀᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ, ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ
          Wᴀᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ! Vᴀᴍᴘʏʀᴇ's ᴄʀʏ! Pᴜʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!

[quote="Cinnabun Gryffie]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hesperia & Madame Kavanagh
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Talking
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Everything is so... odd.

Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ

Tired green eyes looked over, a bit surprised when Hes plopped down and hugged him. Tàmhas sighed softly, slinging an arm around her as well. She was saying she was just glad he was okay, but the brunette shook his curly head. "Na, ah shouldnae hae bin sae... Glaikit. Ah juist... Ugh." He sighed, a heavy, pained sound. After quaffing down the potion, his head started feeling a little clearer, though his thoughts were still syrupy slow. Hesperia asked what happened, if he wanted to talk about everything on his mind, and with her question, Madame Kavanagh sat down in the chair near them. "I'm going to listen as well, because it's something I need to know. In most situations, I wouldn't intrude, but we do need to know."

Tàmhas' pallid complexion was gaining a bit of color from the potion, a tinge of pink curling over his cheeks. "Thare pure isnae muckle tae tell. Ah wis in th' library... Ah think. Ah wis studying 'n' trying tae figure oot mah schedule fur th' rest o' th' semester. Thir's sae muckle, ye ken? Bit then fowk cam tae blether wi' me, thay hud questions 'n' aishans 'n'... 'n' 'twas juist sae muckle." Tears sprang back to his eyes as his hands moved up to cover his face. He felt so stupid, so useless that he couldn't even help a few nervous kids.

He wiped his eyes, though the tears still sat on his lashes. He sank to the side, head laying on Hesperia's shoulder. "Mah heid git pure heavy 'n' mah hert wis beating pure fleet. Everything git a'.... sideways. 'N' then ah dinnae pure mind muckle. Weel, 'til ah wis, ye ken, in th' mirk. Ah hud a claymore bit... Bit ah didnae wantae murdurr masell, ah swear! Ah juist wantit tae git th' pressure oot! Ah wis suffocating 'n' ah didnae ken whit tae dae!"

Marni reached forward, taking the teen's hands in hers. "It sounds like you were having a panic attack, Tàmhas. With how full your plate is, it doesn't surprise me too much. But I'm glad to know it was less of an intentional... choice, let's say. Before you leave, we'll go over some strategies to help with those in the future, okay?" Marni stood and wrapped a blanket over his shoulders, wanting him to feel whatever level of comfort she could.

"And Hesperia, how are you feeling? It's been a lot of big emotions for you to process too. And... which room were you in? I'll send someone to clean everything up and to make sure there's nothing for other students to, ah, stumble upon." She shifted her stance, glancing between the two scared kids sitting on the bed there. Either way, this was going to be a long night, probably filled with sorrows and stress. Not to mention what would happen if when the rumor mill got on this one. She knew she'd have to reach out to Phoebe, since she was in charge of Tàmhas' house. They were so close to the end of the semester, it might be easier to allow him to go home a few days early, rather than sitting here in the hospital wing for those days.

{{OoC: PLOT REQUESTED & APPROVED}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE & Áedán - Marni #AB274F
          AliceInWonderland0921

I sᴀɪᴅ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ωσякιηg συт, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ƒυcкιη нυηgяу, ᴀɴᴅ ѕcяєω уσυ, I'ᴍ тιяє∂
          Iᴛ's ιηєятια, ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ωнαт I αм... I'ᴍ ⳽tᥙᥴƙ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ℓιƒє, ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ⳽tᥙᥴƙ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ραηтѕ
          I'ᴍ ᴀɴ σвנєcт ιη мσтιση, I'ᴠᴇ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀʟʟ ємσтιση ~ Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ вяσкєη, ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ∂αηcє
          σвנєcт ιη мσтιση, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ gσιη' ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ gσιη' ɪs яιgнт ωнєяє I αм

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Tàmhas and Healer Kavanagh

Sitting on the bed beside Tàm, Hesperia listened to him talk about how his schedule was so busy and between that and trying to study, he was getting overwhelmed. On top of that, he was helping students through his peer counseling group and they were weighing heavy on his mind. Healer Kavanagh said it was a panic attack, but Hes could hear something else under the tone of Tàm's voice and she knew a mask when she saw one. She wore a mask everyday to cover the monster inside her. There was something else that was bothering her friend and it seemed like he didn't want to talk about it around the healer. When she was addressed by the healer, Hes nodded a little. "Oh, um... I'm doing alright. The lollies are helping," she said, unwrapping a second and replacing the one she'd already crunched off the stick. It was a candy, but it was made with blood and that helped to satisfy the craving. Most people thought the blood lollies were gross, but they seriously helped vampires. Brown eyes glanced at Tàmhas and wondered if he was putting together her secret; hopefully he didn't hate her for what she was...

"Uhm, I don't remember the number of the classroom, but it was on the fourth floor near the Grand Staircase. I can... come up there to locate it again..." She could easily find the classroom again with the smell of blood hanging over the room and hallway. Aw crap... she left her backpack and her sunglasses in the room. "My backpack and my sunglasses got left there. I've got to go up there..." She frowned, not looking forward to the smell of blood clogging up her brain again. But she'd need to, she guessed, since she needed to get her stuff. Her wand, her school books, and most of her life right now was in her backpack. "All I remember was it was dark and dusty. Must have been unused." She shifted nervously on the bed, still feeling unsure about looking at Tàm, in case he figured out her secret and decided he didn't want to be friends with a half-vampire.

{OoC: Outfit in picture}

[quote="Cinnabun Gryffie]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:19 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

With a week left until the Christmas break, Linsey was looking forward to simply going home. It was an understatement to say her schedule was a packed one between classes, running two clubs and the Quidditch team, as well her other responsibilities as a Prefect and the quasi-eldest sister of the three Greys at school. The holidays meant she could relax, do holiday things with the family, and catch up with her church-friends and her church-family. As yet, other than being assured, primarily for Ella’s benefit, the three of them would be collected, it wasn’t yet confirmed who would do the honours, although Aunt Lynn intimated a possible trip to a Christmas village in Eastern Europe to do a bit of Christmas shopping.

With Sunday being the last Culinary Club meeting before the end of the calendar year, Linsey, with her official sous chef, Ella, spent the evening previous in the Student Kitchens baking the cookies and making the homemade fudge that were to go into the gift tins to be given out at the meeting. It was Linsey’s plan to teach her younger sister how to bake so she could participate in the family’s annual cookie-baking marathon. By doing all their baking Friday night, it meant Linsey wouldn’t be cooking overnight, after spending Saturday evening interning in the Hospital Wing.

After taking her OWLs, Linsey discussed her academic career with her family, and they persuaded her to stay the course with her studies. Her father, in particular, told her that if her dreams didn’t work out, she’d have plenty of options for her future if she stuck to her class plans. Being a NEWT student, Linsey took turns helping Marni out. The Sixth Year liked being up here, having the opportunity to help others out, and usually her turns up here were reasonably sedate. Until now…

Linsey knew something was wrong when she saw two of her friends and Culinary Club members arriving, spattered with blood. ‘Oh, no. What happened to Tam and Hes?’ she wondered worriedly, as she took in the sight. She rushed over to find out what was going on and be ready to offer whatever assistance she would be allowed to give. She arrived in time to hear what Tam and Hes had to say, learning that Tam had had a major panic attack, and things hadn’t gone well, and Hes maybe prevented a tragedy.

Pushing aside whatever misgivings were starting to form in her mind, Linsey said in a soft tone, “Madame Kavanagh, I’ll be happy to stay with Tam and Hes, if it’ll help out.” As she spoke, she regarded her friends with a soft, hopefully reassuring, smile.

OOC:
AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hesperia , Linsey, & Madame Kavanagh
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Everything is so... odd.

Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ

Tàmhas looked over at Hes as she crunched on her lollies. The scent was familiar, but not one he could quite identify, not since the acrid tang of blood shed was still trapped in his brain. At least she said they were helping, whatever they were. Tàm reached his hands up, pulling the blanket tighter around himself. Even though the return of blood was helping him feel warmer, the teen was pretty much always cold. Plus, having a cozy blanket could help to trap some of the emotions. The healer asked about where they had been, but the teen couldn't rightly remember. He looked over at Hes, then asked with a soft voice, "We wur oan th' fourth flair?" He really couldn't remember much after the attack started.

Hes said her backpack and sunnies were still in the classroom, but she looked upset at the thought of going up there again. Tàm shrank away a bit, a sharp spike of guilt stabbing through his brain. All of this was his fault, all because he couldn't control his stupid dumb emotions. He sniffled, wiping his eyes on the corner of the blanket before the tears could fall once more. Hes was saying that it was dark and unused, "Hey, don't you worry, okay? We'll grab your things and clean everything up, no problem. You just stay here and rest, alright?"

Tàmhas looked up in surprise when the healer handed over a box of tissues, which he used to try and clean himself up a little bit. He glanced up when he noticed Linsey step over, offering to stay with himself and Hes. "I think that might be a good idea, Linsey. I've got to go make sure that room is all cleaned up. Linsey, if you feel like you need a little more help, don't hesitate to reach out to me, alright. Otherwise, I imagine these two should just need some rest for a while. Tàmhas, Hesperia, I'll go ahead and put in an order for dinner trays for you as well. We want to make sure you're fed so relaxing is a little easier." Tàm blinked up as the healer gently brushed his hair out of his face before she pat Linsey on the shoulder and stepped away.

"Linsey.... Ah swear ah didnae huv a go tae... Ye ken. Mah heid wis sae heavy 'n' ah juist wantit tae git th' pressure aff. A wullnae... A wullnae dae it again." He hiccupped as he spoke, a new wave of tears trickling down his cheeks once again. He felt so stupid to be here. He wanted to curl up in bed and never be seen again, but there wasn't much chance that he'd be left alone for a long while. He sighed softly, still a little shaky from the loss, then regaining of blood... plus all the other insane emotions flying around his head.

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Tàmhas and Linsey

Hesperia glanced over when Linsey slipped into the area around Tàmhas' bed, then quickly stuffed the other blood lolly into her pocket. She didn't want the older girl to see what it was she was nibbling on. Healer Kavanagh said she was going to go and clean up the room so no one else stumbled upon it and that she'd recover Hes' stuff from the room. That was good; she didn't want to go back to that room again. And she might avoid that corridor for a little while as well. Tàm was starting to get sad again and started crying. The preteen scooted closer to Tàmhas and laid her hand on his arm. "It's okay Tàm, we know... you don't have to worry though. We're here for you," she said, glancing up at Linsey. It seemed like they were good friends as well, which was good. More friends around Tàmhas would make it easier for him to recover. But it made it less likely he'd tell her the real reason behind what was going on. Light brown eyes glanced between the two of them, a blood lolly still in her mouth.

Cinnabun Gryffie][/quote]
          [quote=Graydon Ironshield

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:07 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

It pained Linsey to see Tam suffering so much, especially knowing what her friend had endured already. It wasn’t lost on her that a certain grim anniversary was coming soon, and it wasn’t something she planned to bring up. When the matron told her to call her if she needed additional help, Linsey said with a soft smile, “All Right, Madame Kavanagh, I’ll do that. I can whistle up Blannat too, if you like. Nothing like having an emotional support wolfhound up here, who loves getting pets from Tam.” The last bit was hardly an exaggeration; Linsey was pretty sure she wouldn’t have made it through school without the companionship Blannat gave her, and he really did love getting attention from Tam.

Linsey sat down on the bed beside her friend, her blue eyes regarding him as she smiled gently. After the Matron left, and Tam started tearing up, Linsey wrapped an arm around his shoulder, and spoke to him in a soft voice. “I know…I know, you didn’t… something went wrong, that’s all….” She leaned her head atop of his, hoping to impart a bit of her own warmth, as she could tell he was cold. “I know you won’t, but, you know the pressure won’t go away, you have to let it go. Okay? Just walk me through what’s going on; you know I’ll listen….”

While she was giving what comfort she could for Tam, Linsey was also keenly aware there was another who needed to be considered. She looked over at Hesperia, and she said, “I’m here for you as well. There’s a lot going on here, but if you need somebody to talk to, I can listen to you too.”

OOC:
AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hesperia , Linsey, & Madame Kavanagh
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'll tell her soon

Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ

Green eyes drifted lazily as the healer and Linsey spoke. Linsey offered to bring up Blannat if it would be okay. "He is a delight indeed, but let's check back in on that later. Until the blood replenishment potion fully kicks in, he's a little too wobbly for Blannat to bump into. But once both Tàmhas and Hesperia are up for it, we can revisit that thought." Madame Kavanagh nodded, then headed off to reach out to some of the other staff members in hopes to quash whatever wave was about to appear within the hospital wing.

Tàm glanced over when Linsey sat on his other side. Her arm went over his other side, leaving him feeling like the center filling of an Oreo. It was rather comforting. She quickly said she knew he hadn't tried to do anything... well, fatal, but that things went wrong. She leaned onto him, causing one of his messy curls to fall into his eye. She acknowledged him saying he wouldn't do it again as Hes said they were there for him. He pulled her closer as well, into a weird sort of long group hug. It was nice to have friends like these.

"Ah cannae hawp tis bin a year awready. It seems lik' tis bin everything happening a' at wance. Bit tis nae fur o' Áe... Fur o' Áedán this time." He paused, then looked over at Hes. "Sorry, ye didnae git tae catch up wi` him. Áedán... He wis mah best pal 'n' fur a while, mah boyfriend. He wis in a tragic mishanter lest winter 'n' we lost him. Tis bin pure pernicketie, bit a've made it cheers tae a' mah mates. Ah will... Ah will hae tae tell ye mair aboot him sometime." He wanted to nod, but he didn't want to upset either person beside him. Plus, he was pretty sure the movement would make his brain get all wobbly again. But he wanted to talk more about his friend, especially since Hesperia always offered a listening ear.

Linsey reassured that there was a lot going on, but she'd be there to listen as well. "Ah apprecate that. A'm sure everything is aboot tae git super chaotic aroond 'ere. Ah dinnae think we wur entirely subtle getting 'ere." He let out a tiny laugh, though even that bit made him feel a little better. Tàm pulled in a calming breath, still feeling the warmth swirl through him from the potion. "A'm bonny sure maist o' mah issue stemmed fae bein' raisin' mair deils than a kin lig. Ah micht blether wi' professor clarke... 'n' mibbie professor azalea aboot getting some hulp, even juist fur a bawherr. Then ah will be back tae mah happy wee sel." And he certainly wanted that. He wanted to feel as happy as he always had even just a year ago. Back then, he struggled to feel anything but happy, which seemed so bizarre to him now. Maybe he'd see about hosting a party for all his pals this summer or something. They deserved to feel happy, even if he struggled with the emotion.

AliceInWonderland0921

Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Tàmhas and Linsey

The preteen shifted a little uncomfortably with Linsey joined them on Tàm's bed, glad she hid the blood lolly in her pocket. She was afraid that Tàm was going to find out her secret after having been around his blood and seeing her reactions, but she was terrified of Linsey finding out. At least she knew Tàm a little better, Linsey she only knew from culinary club. Hes didn't know if Linsey was the type to gossip and share secret and the half-vampire really didn't want her secret getting out. It would probably mean the end of her schooling at Hogwarts. Tàm started talking to Linsey about something that happened last year and at least it seemed to take the focus off her. As Hes listened to Tàmhas, more tears sprang to her light brown eyes. He was saying that his best friend and boyfriend had been in... she guessed an accident, based on context clues. All she knew was that he passed. When Tàm said he'd have to tell her about him sometime, she nodded and said, "Yeah, I'd like that. I'd like to hear about him." She sat up from their awkward hug and pulled the stick from the second blood lolly from her mouth, putting it in her pocket with the first stick. Her fogginess was gone and she was back in control of her thoughts. There was still the faint smell of blood lingering around in her nose, but the lollies had satisfied the cravings as best they could. She was once again able to hide the fangs and return to looking like a normal kid.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:07 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey nodded along with what Marni suggested; Blannat was a sweet-tempered creature, but he could be the proverbial bull in the china shop, whose tail could cause things to start flying about. Thankfully, Linsey had gotten him out of thinking he was a lapdog when he was youngster, lest a ‘puppy blanket’ smother somebody not ready for it, like, Ella. Though her companion was easing into canine maturity, he still on occasion would nearly knock her down just because he was happy to see her, all paws, tongue and tail and not necessarily all that coordinated like he was still a puppy. That display of unbridled happy was all it took to get her laughing when she wasn’t feeling all that happy herself, and right then she so much wanted for Tam to laugh. However, Blannat could wait until Tam and Hes were ready for him.

She held onto Tam, as he pulled her closer, and listened as he spoke of the year he’d just endured, and while he said it had nothing to do with Aedan, Linsey had to wonder if on some level maybe it did anyway. When Hes mentioned wanting to hear about Aedan, Linsey said in her soft tones, “I’d like to hear more about him too. I really only knew him through Art Club, and he was a year behind me, so we didn’t share any classes.”

And, I wouldn’t mind hearing a story or two about him myself,” another voice added. Linsey looked up and saw Brianna was standing not too far from where the three of them were, leaning against a wall. The Sixth Year was dressed for an evening of studying, rather than anything more of a fun nature, in her dark green Slytherin hoodie, sweatpants and a pair of fleece-lined slippers, while her buttery-blonde hair was tied back in a rather loose ponytail. In one hand was a leatherbound legal notebook, clutched against her chest, while she had her excessively large stainless steel Thermos stein of coffee in the other. “Heard your voices and came over. Came up to get your share of the research notes for our Law assignment.”

Linsey shifted her weight slightly, as she said, “They’re in my bag, I can go get them.” Brianna gave the other girl an impassive look and a dismissive wave of her hand, and she replied, “It can wait, it’s not that important; and I’ve got plenty enough other work to do to keep me busy. I can get them from you at breakfast. What you got in front of you is rather more important, I think.” Linsey nodded in agreement, and continued to stay close to Tam.

Brianna looked over at Hes, noting her appearance and filing it away in her mind. “You good, Hes?” she asked, genuinely concerned for her younger Housemate and teammate. “If you’re planning to stay up here for the night, I can pop downstairs and get something for you, if you want it.” Shifting her attention back to Tam, she said, “But, seriously, Tam. I’d like to hear whatever stories of Aedan you might be willing to share.”

OOC:
AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hesperia , Linsey, & Brianna
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder if she has cocoa in that thermos. Probably not, right?

Mʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ʟᴇɢs ᴀʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ

The second he mentioned sharing stories about Áedán, several things happened all at once. Hes said she'd like to hear about him, which he could certainly arrange. She pulled away a bit, having finished her treat. Tàm thought she certainly looked a bit better. It probably was low blood sugar. Pa sometimes got super cranky when he needed a snack. Linsey said she would also like to hear more about him since they only really shared Art Club together. "Aye, he wis sic a guid artist. Th' foremaist time we met he drew a map o' oor hometown juist oan memory alone." He nodded, remembering that day in the garden. How could they not have known they only lived a couple kilometers apart? Another voice chimed up, saying she wouldn't mind hearing stories either.

Green eyes looked up to see Brianna, looking far cozier than he. She said she'd heard them and came over.... and he had to wonder if she had been here when he'd been half-carried in. Tàmhas dropped his gaze, a flush of embarrassment coloring his cheeks and up to his ears. Maybe she'd be more interested in homework projects. The two older girls discussed their homework before Brianna said what Linsey had before her was more important. "Dinna fash yirsel, ah'ament sae important as tae warrant nae studying. Plus ah will likelie be 'ere a while. Madame Kavanagh likelie thinks a'm a nut anyway." He said, softly, a hint of worry in his tone. He reached up to remove the mostly useless hair tie from his hair before redoing it so it actually pulled his hair off his ears and neck. It was getting a little oversensitive.

Brianna asked over if Hesperia was okay and Tàm also looked over, hoping his younger friend was indeed feeling better. She looked a little less bedraggled, but he figured part of that had to do with getting his blood removed from her. He glanced down at his sleeves, which had once been soaked, but were now back to their normal pristine white. He sighed softly, feeling his vision pitch again. Nope. He wasn't dealing with this right now. Pushing those thoughts back into his brain, the teen started to wiggle his way out of his too-big sweater. When he was mostly free, he noticed his tee shirt had clung to the knit, revealing his tummy and some of the burn scars that interlaced up his otherwise pale skin. He hesitated, working to fix that as he finished removing the sweater. It was plopped behind him as he wrapped the blanket around to cover his entire torso... something like a safety blanket. He wasn't sure if they'd seen, but he was terrified they might think him a freak like the "good people" of Arden that Pa and Áedán had defended him against.

"O' coorse. Ah will be happy tae share stories o' him. Ah hae tons o' thaim in mah heid. Thare wis ne'er a dull moment wi' him aroond, ah will tell ye that fur free." He let out a small chuckle, but it sounded more hollow than his normal chipper laugh. Then again, he didn't feel much to laugh about right then. Maybe tomorrow.... maybe tomorrow. He sighed softly as he looked around at his friends gathered around. If nothing else, he was lucky he had so many people that cared. About him, about Áedán.... they cared. And he loved them more than he knew how to express.

AliceInWonderland0921

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Tàmhas, Linsey, and Brianna
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Recovery
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What a day...

Brown eyes glanced between Tàmhas and Linsey while they talked about someone she hadn't met. She could smell the approach of Brianna, a scent she was familiar with, before the girl spoke up that she was there. Her housemate addressed Linsey inquiring about notes for a project they were working on, so at least she wasn't aware about what had happened. Hesperia shifted a little when Brianna asked her if she was okay and the preteen nodded. "I'm doing alright, thanks for asking," she said, then glanced back to Tàm, unsure if he wanted her to be aware of what had happened. So she wouldn't share anything that he didn't want to. Of course, having another person around would help Tàm but it made her situation a little more precarious. She was still worried someone would figure out her secret and then the persecution her grandparents had warned her about would begin. Hes was deathly afraid of that and she didn't want to be run out of Hogwarts; she really liked it here and she had friends again. Losing all that... she couldn't do it again.

Hes watched Tàm as he pulled his sweater off, now thankfully clear of the blood that had stained his wrists. She also noticed the scars on his tummy when he lifted his shirt. She thought that was curious but since he never mentioned them, she suspected that there was a traumatic experience that had caused them and she wasn't the type to pry. She glanced at her own jumped still in a small pile in her lap. Looking at it reminded her of how it had looked only a little while ago, covered in her friend's blood. With a little huff, she pushed it off her lap and onto the floor. Well, she'd probably never wear that again. Idly she began to play with the star necklace that she was wearing, sitting a little uncomfortably being surrounded by the older teens in the room. At least her headache from earlier was gone, she thought.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Graydon Ironshield

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:21 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey smiled gently when she heard how Tam and Aedan first met up, and was interested to hear how the young man had drawn a map of their town from memory. “Aye, he was such a good artist,” she said in a soft tone. “I’ve been thinkin fer a while now about the idea of the club creating an artbook with the works of its members in it, well copies anyway, so the club could sell copies of the book. I know I’d loved to have copies of Aedan’s work in such a book, so folk will remember him.”

Brianna continued to lean against the wall, sipping at the coffee she had in her insulated mug. She smiled as she listened to what Tam was saying, and she said, “I’m not worried about getting things done, here. We’ll have that project done on time, and we’ll do well with it. However, Tam, you matter, you’re important, to us, to your friends. And, I wouldn’t worry about Matron thinkin’ you’re nuts; trust me, you’re no more nuts than the rest of us here.”

The Sixth Year Slytherin caught sight of the scars on Tam’s stomach, and chose to say nothing. Assuming the burns weren’t part and parcel of his working at the forge, then he’d gotten them in some other circumstances, and she wisely chose to stay silent and pretend she saw nothing. It wasn’t her business to ask, and so far as she was concerned, scars were proof of having survived life’s difficulties. Brianna rather suspected he’d endured something similar to whatever had happened to Kasamir, though she knew nothing of the details of his experiences either.

Linsey also saw the burn scars, and said nothing as Tam sought to cover them as quickly as they were exposed. She decided now wasn’t the time to ask about them, not when he was dealing with trauma enough already. If he were of a mind to discuss them, he would do so in his own time. Hearing him laugh was a good sign, though.

Seeing Hes suddenly throwing her sweater on the floor was enough to make Brianna arch an eyebrow, before bending down to collect it, fold it without even thinking about it, and place it back on the bed beside her. “You sure you’re okay, Hes?”

OOC:
AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image