Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
DBZ Author: Akira Toriyama Dies at 68

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:19 am
Hey guys,

Sad news last night. Beloved and influencal DBZ author Akira Toriyama has passed from this world into the next. NBC Article.

Please feel free to express your thoughts here and share memories you have around his world.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:31 am
So I'll admit that I've watched all of DB and DBZ, but it was never my favorite story. It did influanced me like it did thousands of mangaka. I find great respect for Toriyama and the foundations that he placed on the lives of so many young minds and those who walked in his steps because of his work.

I think of the many mangaka who wouldn't be here without his influance. People like who've wrote other popular works like Yoshiro Togashi (Yu Yu Hakusho), Misashi and Seishi Kishimoto (Naruto and O-Parts Hunter), Eiichiro Oda (One Piece), Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail), Tite Kubo (Bleach), and Ian Jones-Quartey (Steven Universe) and so so much more. Who used him as an inspiration or as a stepping stone to build the community.

His impact is great and his legacy is giant. I'm dedicating my Jessica Albert costume to his memory. He was the character designer for the Dragon Quest game series and she was one of the characters that he designed.

He is on his journey down Snake Way. RIP.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:24 am
I'm sorry to hear about his passing. DBZ is my brothers favorite Anime. He has a lot of figures and owns the whole series. At one convention we got to meet a couple of other writers for series. My brother was excited and spent a lot of time talking to the writers. He even got a book signed by the author. It wasn't Akira Toriyama who we met but the guys that we did meet worked with him.

As for me I watched DB and DBZ on Saturday Morning cartoons. I liked DB but I liked "Yu"-"Gi"-"Oh" and Sailor Moon better which can out at the same time.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games