Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Tea and Conversation (Tiěguānyīn & Liberty)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:01 pm
This is a private role-play between 鐵觀音 (Tiěguānyīn) (Calixita) and Liberty (Keantha).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

March 2024
You must use at least 5 on this list to get your point. But you will receive one ticket for each of the other 15 if you choose to use them. Use as many or as few as you want points for. Partnering will double the amount of words you each personally use. Ie, If RP1 uses 15 words from the list and their partner RP2 uses 15 words from the list (they do not have to be the same words, just amounts). Then each person would get 10 extra tickers doubled by the RP partner bonus. Another example is RP1 uses all 20 words and their partner only uses 15, then RP1 would get 10 bonus tickets that are doubled for the RP partner bonus and 5 more tickets for the 5 words they used bur RP2 did not. Ie, you only get credit for the words you use, not your partner--if you have one.

You must bold any of the words you use from the list if you want credit. You can change the words slightly to make them plural or singular or change the tense.

Bonus points are available except for me (gotta be fair don't I?) but will be secret except for this one. If at least 10 RPers use 10 words then everyone who uses 6 or above words gets two bonus points.

This will be the only time that you can earn this many tickets in a row. Without a bonus you can earn up to 31 tickets with a partner or 16 solo, compared ro earning 1 or 2 tickets if you do the minimum.

I feast on your tears.

Besotted
Pre-conceived
Ruptured
Still
Audience
Contribute
Day-dreaming
Bane
Cutting
Scalding
Familiar
Interpretation
Basket
Feline
Doggerel
Ricochet
Halcyon
Budding
Annual
Draconic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tiěguānyīn hummed to himself in a deep voice as he prepared his oolong tea, dropping the leaves into the teapot over the fire to boil. He always made sure to take care of the cutting before leaving on any of his trips; it wasn't as easy to do on the move, without the help of familiar friends or the rare ulun'suti with hands like a two-legger on their draconic wings. He could manage sometimes, but manipulating tools with his paws or his mouth was challenging and didn't have the best results. His bear friend Hōjicha was off on his own today, so Tiěguānyīn decided to take advantage of his alone time by relaxing with some tea in a spot he knew to have a wonderful view of the plains below. The breeze was light, but he could still feel it rustling the leaves on his antlers and the mane on his neck.

He was day-dreaming of a time back in his herd lands, where he would spend halcyon days enjoying the company of his siblings. He wouldn't trade his nomadic lifestyle for anything, but he was certainly overdue for a visit back home. The annual trips just weren't enough sometimes. He settled down on the ground with a sigh, and he closed his eyes and took a deep breath with a faint smile, enjoying the crisp, fresh air.

But... there was something else in the air, too. Tiěguānyīn's brow furrowed and his tilted his head, and it only took a moment for him to realize he wasn't alone anymore. Turning his head to look, he noticed he had an audience in the form of a little pink and black usdia. Tiěguānyīn knew his large stature and draconic features could be intimidating at first sight, but he was usually able to dispel any pre-concieved notions with a warm, friendly smile.

"Good morning!" he called out, unable to resist the pull of a stranger and the possibility of a good conversation. "Would you like some tea?"

[ Besotted | Pre-conceived | Ruptured | Still | Audience | Contribute | Day-dreaming | Bane | Cutting | Scalding | Familiar | Interpretation | Basket | Feline | Doggerel | Ricochet | Halcyon | Budding | Annual | Draconic ]  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:24 pm
Liberty took a deep breath, letting it out as a pleased hum as he continued upon his path. He was still lost in his daydreaming of what the future might hold for him and his beloved. An audience with Mapiya had assured him that should his lady wish, she would be welcomed into the family herd while his dear mama had been beside herself with joy at the thought of him finding love again. His father, grumpy old man that he was, had only muttered at him about being besotted but he wasn't wrong!!

He shook out his mane as if to clear his thoughts, chuckling to himself only to draw up startled when a voice spoke out.

"Oh! Well hello!" What a fascinating-looking creature! Very draconic looking but they seemed friendly enough. At the offer of tea, Liberty cocked his head to the side admitting, "I am afraid I have no idea what that is my good sir."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:51 pm

Tiěguānyīn's ears perked up at the stranger's confession, although he supposed he shouldn't be surprised. It wasn't that uncommon for soquili to not be familiar with tea -- let alone his own special brew. "Oh, well, please allow me to introduce you -- to both myself and the tea," he said with a smile, his voice a deep, low rumble, but without a hint of a growl. His tail swished across the ground in an almost feline-like manner, eager to see how the little usdia would like the drink. "My name is Tiěguānyīn. You may call me Tiě, if you wish." Carefully, he lifted the lid off the pot so that the usdia could peer inside and placed it next to his basket of supplies. "Tea is a hot drink made by boiling specific types of leaves in water, often accompanied by other various ingredients to add the the aroma and flavor." He paused to take a deep breath of the tea, a soft smile spreading across his face at the pleasant fragrance.

"This one is my own special brew, with a mild, fruity flavor." From his basket, he pulled out two bowls and then picked up the tea pot with his mouth. With a tilt of his head, he poured each of them a serving of tea, then placed the pot back down next to the fire instead of on it. He wanted to keep it warm while avoiding a scalding temperature. He took a small sip from his own bowl, nodding in satisfaction. The pieces of dried fruit contributed to the flavor perfectly. "Yes, just right. And what might your name be?"

[ Besotted | Pre-conceived | Ruptured | Still | Audience | Contribute | Day-dreaming | Bane | Cutting | Scalding | Familiar | Interpretation | Basket | Feline | Doggerel | Ricochet | Halcyon | Budding | Annual | Draconic ]  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:09 pm
Liberty's nose twitched as his ears perked forward betraying his interest. Why did that smell so familiar? Oh, it was just on the tip of his tongue! Still, when Tiěguānyīn' asked for his name, Liberty gave up on trying to figure it out. It would come to him at some point!

"A pleasure to meet you Tiě! My name is Liberty but everyone calls me Libby. I must say it does smell wonderful! It almost sounds like something medicinal but smells much better!"

Trotting over, Liberty came over to the second bowl watching first how Tiě had taken his own drink before copying the larger male. He didn't want to embarrass himself in front of his new friend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:14 pm

Pleased to see Liberty's budding interest in the tea and willingness to keep him company, even if for a shot time, Tiěguānyīn took another sip as he watched the usdia try the tea, hoping that he enjoyed it. "Mm, tea can certainly contain medicinal properties as well. There are many different kinds. I usually find myself with a little more energy after I have a cup, so it's a nice start to the morning." If he was interpreting Liberty's reaction correctly, the usdia looked to be enjoying the tea, which brought another smile to Tiěguānyīn's face. "I like to come out here to take in the view of the plains below us. It's quite relaxing. What brought you here?" Was he on his way to a long journey? Or perhaps just simply out for a walk, searching for inspiration for some doggerel poetry for fun? Tiěguānyīn would be happy to hear it all.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 pm
Taking another sip of the tea, Liberty hummed happily his nose giving a little wiggle of joy before answering, "Ah! I was on the way back from visiting my birth herd. I do so annually This isn't normally the path I follow but a fallen tree had blocked the way so I found myself cutting through here instead! And now I am glad I have!" He certainly was an exciteable little fellow!

"I must say, this tea is quite delicious. I would greatly be interested in learning to brew some for Funshine and my lady mother." He wasn't sure if the big draconic-feline would be willing to share but it was worth asking.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:27 pm

Tiěguānyīn chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "Ahh, this recipe is a family secret, I'm afraid. But before you take your leave, I would be happy to share some different ones with similar notes." Requesting the recipe was the only bane of sharing his tea with others, though it wasn't enough to stop him. Especially since most soquili and familiars understood. It was rare when Tiěguānyīn had to put up with a ricochet of an argument, a back and forth of others demanding to know his secrets and Tiěguānyīn always saying no with a decreasing amount of politeness the longer it went on.

Liberty seemed kind enough that he wouldn't press the issue, at least, and Tiěguānyīn would be delighted to share other recipes for the usdia to enjoy. The besotted expression on Liberty's face when he spoke of who he wanted to share the tea with caught his attention. "Oh, I recognize that expression," he said with a smile. "Is Funshine your mate?"

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:57 pm
Another happy laugh spilled from the little pink stallion as Liberty noted that Tie's pre-concieved interpretation of who Funshine was, was indeed correct. "Ah yes! She is my beloved. Sweet as the dew in the morning and as bright as the sunshine her coat resembles." Oh yes, he had it bad. A dreamy [removed](a rather goofy look to be sure) crossed his face as he recalled the halcyon days of their budding relationship.

After a moment, he rapidly shook his head looking sheepishly at the taller stallion, "Ah forgive me, my new friend. I am a bit of a dreamer at times. Thoughts seem to just ricochet between my ears. The bane of my existence really. So! Let us speak of other things! I understand family secrets so I shall not pry but if you would be so kind as to teach me the basics of making this tea I am sure between the knowledge of herbs and plants amongst my herd we can all contribute and figure it out!"

He gazed at the basket Tie had pulled his supplies from, then to where the teapot rested. "Does one have to have such a pot to brew the tea? Or can any container work? I am assuming you have placed it to keep the liquid from being scalding hot when served?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:19 pm

Tiěguānyīn was quiet as Liberty started talking about his mate; it was very clear how much the usdia cared for her from the kind words he used. It was so nice to see. Tiěguānyīn had a few children himself, and although he loved them, the relationships with the other parents wasn't one of love. He liked to help families who couldn't conceive on their own, but he'd also had some lonely nights that led to unexpected things. He hoped to someday find someone that made him feel like Liberty did about his dear Funshine.

"Ah, yes. This is the most efficient pot to use, but if you're able to find a metal pot with a lid, you should manage just fine. Using wood would absorb the water, and if a weaker material is used, it could rupture from the heat, so you need to be careful. A teapot like this would need to be scavenged from a two-legger's camp, or you can trade more resourceful familiars and soquili with hands on their winged limbs. There are plenty alternatives to choose from." Unfortunately Tiěguānyīn didn't have any spare pots with him to share, so hopefully the advice on where to look would be helpful enough.

"Now, to brew your basic tea, you'll need to find tea leaves..." Tiěguānyīn went on to explain the ins and outs of brewing a nice tea; the leaves to look for, some suggestions of other ingredients to add to alter the flavors, and how to know when the tea had brewed long enough. Finally, he bent his head down to root around in his basket and pulled out a small fabric bag, and placed it in front of Liberty. "This is for you. Some tea leaves to bring back to your Funshine to get you started."

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Keantha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:34 pm
"Oh my! Well, we certainly don't want that to happen!" His ears canted back at the idea. Still, he listened in intently as Tie spoke, nodding along to his words that sounded almost poetic at times. Clearly, the art of tea making was a passion of the bigger male.

When Tie offered him the tea leaves, Liberty was delighted. "Oh, this is wonderful! I greatly appreciate both the leaves as well as your teaching me. I am sure Funshine will enjoy it as well. I know my mama will also! Hopefully, our paths will cross again Tie, but I really must be moving on if I am to reach home before dark. I do not wish to worry Funshine if I am late."

Nodding his head once more in thanks, Liberty picked up the satchel of leaves before heading off down the trail. Oh, he couldn't wait to share this new treat with the ones he loved!

(Final Word Count: 768. Bolded Words Used: 18/20)  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games