Submit

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 pm
This is a private role play between Deinos and Niobe for the April prompt rp.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 pm
Niobe:

Purple orbs darkened as the mare eyed the small creature not to far off in the distance, she had almost made it out of the canyon. Her brows knitted together as she let out a faint grunt, she wasn't the type to normally be this far from her forest, her gardens, she was a creature of greener places.

But was that seriously a bunny blocking her?! One of her pink and white striped ears twitched and flickered back, she took a few more steps towards the bunny but stopped.

She tossed her mane back, her gems and skulls twinkling and clinking together, she gave a few stomps of her hooves to see if she could possibly spook it away, but instead it only stared at her more.

Of course she didn't frighten it, she let out a huff of air. She wouldn't be scared by her either if she was honest with herself, she wasn't anywhere close to being an intimidating figure, maybe 3 times the size of a foal, Niobe was a small mare, even for a flutter.

She groaned slightly, what was she going to do now?

She gave the bunny one more suspicious look, convinced that if she gave it a chance, it'd gobble her right up, like the last bunny in need almost did!

WC:: 218  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm
Deinos:

Deinos plodded the sandy terrain as he traveled on. His herd had sent him on a hunt for some herbs and something inside him was telling him he had taken a wrong turn. He stopped to take a look around him and frowned at the sand. A *very* wrong turn. Oh well, nothing could be done now except to keep going. He was determined to find it before returning to them. His most prized possessions were the smiles on their faces and he wouldn't return till he had gained what he knew would put them there.

Deinos had returned to walking and rounded a corner, coming up on a small mare. He stopped a little way from her, and only then noticed the bunny she was staring at. Oddly enough, it seemed to be staring right back at her. Deinos couldn't decide who to confront first. he gave a slight cough before perking up, hoping one of them would respond "Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

wc: 165  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:07 pm
Niobe:

She quickly glanced at her stallion that appeared before her gaze went back to the bunny, suspicion clouding her mind. "Is this bunny friend or foe.." she responded before the rest of her mind caught up with her and the unique appearance of the stallion finally yanked her attention away.

"Oh my! Look at you!" She squeaked in surprise as she looked up on him fully now, a small snort following suit as she now was fully focused on him and all of his vines. "Aren't you all just the most precious things?" She cooed at his vines as she now paced around him.

Niobe was a sucker for all plants, she had several gardens across the land, growing certain things depending on the climate and terrain. She nursed and loved each one like a proud mother, and held no shame in her obsession.

"I'm Niobe.." she said absent mindedly as she knew that was generally how social interactions went, but she was totally being absorbed by her curiosity of him. "How do you get them to grow so lush and green?" She asked looking up at him, now realizing how large he was, her brain flickered a warning as she was close to a very large stallion and possibly one of those psychotic bunnies..and of course she was alone, one day her brothers warnings would stick in her head, but it wouldn't be today. She really needed to travel with her mate more often.

Again not today.

WC:: 248  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 pm
Deinos:

Deinos's brows furrowed together. He had never met a non friendly bunny before. His eyes traveled from the bunny to the small mare before him. "Foe?" He quandered. "What could you have done to make a bunny a foe? Did you uproot all his carrots?" Of course the question was rude, and he probably would have gotten a soft vine whip on the nose by one of his foster parents in his Herd, but he was on his own for now.

His attention was suddenly brought to the mare again when she squeaked. He stood up straight in his nervousness, his cheeks growing darker as they blushed due to her praise. He blinked up at the sky as she circled him, trying not to stare back or be rude now that he was being inspected.

A few of his vines on the other hand had other ideas. One was as shy as him, hovering behind and peaking out from the flower on his back. Another slowly crept towards Niobe cautiously as she stared at it. Another still was staring at the frozen bunny, still pondering the phrase friend or foe.

He coughed slightly as he looked down at her, trying to come up with a satisfying answer to her question "I....I don't know. They do it by themselves?" He tried to think more on it "They seem to perk up in the sun. But if I stand in full sun for too long I get really thirsty and they start to droop..." he frowned slightly, wondering if his response meant anything to her. He had been born with the flower and vines on his back, just as he had been born with the small wings that did little to lift him into the air. He knew just about as much about them as he did the wings.

word count: 307  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 pm
Niobe:

She gave a small laugh at his comment, she didn't find it rude at all and actually had the same mindset before she had encountered the psychotic bunny. "Not all bunnies are what they seem, nor do they all eat carrots." She replied with another side eye at the seemingly innocent bunny who looked lost and clearly confused.

In her excitement of his vines and plants, the more she pranced around him the smaller she grew, until she was fluttering around him in her butterfly size, getting closer than she should without asking permission first. Sometimes her curiosity really did run away with her and she got herself into rather dangerous predicaments.
Would she learn? Eh maybe one day, she at least hasn't forgotten the lesson with the bunny right? That had to count for something.

She nodded at his words "Mmmhmm yes that would make sense, too much full sunlight would be draining for them, and since you're basically their terra, it would be sapped from you instead. So very interesting!" She was careful not to get too close to the vines or flowers, seeming to respect their space much more than the stallions.

She glanced back at the bunny for a moment, "Like some bunnies are not really bunnies at all but blood thirsty shifters who lure you in with false innocence." She snorted, she still wasn't sure but the bunny hadn't made a move to become a predator....yet.

"Do you consume vegetation or are you a carnivore or maybe an omnivore depending on what your plants require?" She asked him now, she was curious about his diet and how it translated for sustenance for his own bodily garden.

WC:: 281  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm
Deinos:

Deinos's eyes grew wide as he watched the mare grow smaller. Trying to follow her movements was even starting to make him feel al little dizzy. His eyes caught sight of one of his vines smacking its lips as it stared eyeless in her direction. Just before it could lunge for her, him and another of his vines snapped it into submission. The vine gave a silent snarl and decided it was suddenly more interested in peering at the bunny. Deinos returned his concentration to the mare, hoping she wouldn't take his vine's actions as his own. He still hadn't quite learned how to control them.

This was the second time he had heard her use that word. He searched deeper into his memory and frowned, trying to see if he could remember if any of his herd had mentioned it to him before. His frown deepened still when he remembered a night of stories being told around a campfire. "You mean those stories are real? I thought it was just stories to keep us from wandering too far...."

He looked at the bunny again and crinkled his nose. "The taste of meat tastes funny to me. I don't like it personally.... I like berries and fruits and veggies much more personally." His muzzle remained pointed towards the bunny as he side eyed one of his vines "But the middle of my flower is poisonous and I have seen my vines eat a squirrel though...." His eyes returned to the bunny, wondering if he should snap at it or leave it be. He liked this mare and would protect her if it came down to this bunny having ill intent. But he'd also been taught by his herd to treat everyone kindly. He would follow the mares lead and see what she decided. Out of curiousness, he did ask "Why? Do you eat meat?"

word count: 314  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 pm
Niobe:

She observed the interaction of the vines she cooed "Oh look at the feist of that one!" She was not threatened by it, oh no if anything; they had only peaked her interest more!

She had a thousand questions buzzing through her mind, she couldn't quite decide where to start, which to ask first! But the real threat at hoof was brought to her attention at his words, she solemnly nodded her head. "Oh they are real indeed, I've encountered a few myself, creatures that can be truly ruthless and cunning. There are a few who seem to be less inclined to make a meal out of you, they seem to have a gem embedded in them; though I'm not sure how that works honestly." Her brows knitted together for a moment, she grew back into her petite full size.

At his question, she laughed "Oh goodness no, I don't have the stomach for meat." Her nose wrinkled slightly.

She eyed the bunny once more, "I do not think this one is any threat to us though. You can never be too careful, though I rarely remember that." She snorted at herself. "But it's a lesson to heed, not all that seem innocent and in need are to be trusted." She fluttered her wings softly at the bunny. "Off with you, the forest is that way." She said gently, pointing in the direction; she herself needed to go.

Remembering that her mate was waiting, she sent Deinos a smile, " I too need to depart, I am being waited for. But I shall find you my friend! I'm sure I have plenty to learn from you!" And with that, the mare started down the path that would lead her back to the forest which she called home.

wc:296  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers