Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Geezer Craft Corner Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you crafty like a fox?
Yes! I'm a sharpshooter with my glue gun!
55%
 55%  [ 39 ]
Ehn, I occasionally have glued myself to the carpet.
44%
 44%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 70

Isbjorn

6,000 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:57 pm
Antiq
A collage greeting card

User Image

Wow! That is beautiful! I'd love to receive a card like that in the mail!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:03 am
Hey all .. I haven't posted in here before but thought I'd share what I just finished.

And here it is .. the DW Washcloth:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And a closeup of the stitch:

I like making washcloths, there are a couple on my flick account and I've also started on socks.

Thanks for sharing your projects!

Tali  

taligator

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:32 pm
Neat, I like that stitch. I've been trying to teach myself how to knit, but I am apparently instruction book impaired. redface the only thing I've managed to knit that is mild recognizable was a little mousey for the kitties.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:03 am
CosmicHedgehog
Neat, I like that stitch. I've been trying to teach myself how to knit, but I am apparently instruction book impaired. redface the only thing I've managed to knit that is mild recognizable was a little mousey for the kitties.

I taught myself to knit but struggled with it. I then taught myself to crochet and happily did very well at that for a couple of years and then I realized that I wasn't satisfied with it so I ended up going to a local yarn shop and taking a class.

I've since made a doll sweater, a baby sock, and a bunch of dishcloths. I'm pretty happy with it and think classes are the way to go because they can watch what you are doing and make corrections as you go.  

taligator

Elspeth Telrunya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 pm
thats a pretty neat washcloth smile I need to post some of my glass engraving smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:03 pm
A few more pictures ...

Ballband Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting:

And one teeny tiny baby sock (just one so far!):

taligator

MQubed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:06 pm
I've still got a couple of other things to do (especially in this picture), but this is my son's new pirate-themed room. I designed the "valance" from some teak paneling, and hand made the quilt and bedskirt (it's supposed to have a treasure chest in the middle of the red, but I ran out of fabric and can't find: Select Basics by Robyn Pandolph for SSI in gold)
User Image

... and those were the first seat covers I've ever sewn (from scratch!)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:11 pm
And I was proud of my idea to "hold" the map up with a knife! (and the round table has a bunch of maps under a piece of plastic)
User Image  

MQubed

Warnersister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:39 am
That room is pure genius! Your son is very lucky that you've made such an effort for him.

My Disney Afternoon embroidery is in the homestretch. Only about a million stitches in white to fill up the background, then I'm done smile

The next project will be a Starsky-style cardigan. I have an old knitting pattern, but the problem I have is that the Sirdar wool it recommends is no longer sold, being over thirty years old. Does anyone know any way that I can find out what would be an equivalent yarn? I need it to be the same thickness & consistency I guess, otherwise the size will be way off.

Any ideas gratefully received!

DW  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:59 am
OOOOOOO! Baby sock! (I LOVE baby socks and shoes) And I'll be looking for a knitting class after the first of the year, I think. It's just one of those things that I always wanted to do, but I've never gotten around to.

ANd MQubed, that room is awesome! Excellent job!  

CosmicHedgehog

Elspeth Telrunya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:55 pm
ooo that room is pretty nifty smile I would love someday to have a room rennaisance like the movie ever after or a lotr theme one smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:39 pm
I do crosstitch, origami, fuse beads, and boondoggle. The only pics I have currently are of my boondoggle.

Of course there's more, but those two are my favorites (at least, of the ones that I have pictures of...)  

Princess Kalo

Elspeth Telrunya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:19 pm
what are those for ?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:30 pm
man, I started a cross stitch the other day!! I guess I'm used to just doing the pattern as you go along the line (for crocheting, etc.), this trying to figure out which x to do next with this color was ... hard ! 4laugh

Warnersister, did you Google the yarn? If I remember correctly, once you have the gauge (x number of stitches in a 1" square for example), if you choose another type/brand of yarn it'll work if the gauge is the same -- and I think most yarn will give the gauge (but I could be wrong!!)  

MQubed

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:35 pm
just made this tonight:
abstract image  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers