Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Animal Lovers Guild
Link List and Important Information *Suggestions Needed!* Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ailinea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:20 pm
Hello and thank you for joining this guild!

In this post, you can find helpful links to animal-related websites, reading material, and a listing of members with expertise or extensive knowledge on certain animals or areas. If you have a school project that you may need some additional information on, or if you own an animal that you need some help with on a certain question, asking these people can help you; they can give you their own opinions and advice and possibly direct you to a website, book, or local area to get more information for your benefit.

I am unlocking this topic so that if anyone else has any information they'd like me to add, they can post it here. Links, reading, and if you're an expert in any field, I'll add you here.

Here are some helpful links:
If you're interested in an internship to get experience for a future career or to get you through college, check this is a good place to start.
The Student Conservation Association

For statistics on pet abuse and information on related fields:
Pet-Abuse.com
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

If you like zoos, and/or would like to learn more about them, this is a helpful link:
The American Zoological and Aquarium Association

Wildlife Conservation efforts, information and fundraising, plus a catalog of items you can buy to support the organization:
Defenders of Wildlife
The National Wildlife Federation

If you need information on a particular subject or field, ask these people for some help:

Bats:
Lucy Fugus

Wolves:
Ailinea
Kineta Storm

Zoos:
Ailinea
TruDistance

Horses:
Arimina
Knightclimber

Monkeys:
yolantasiu

Reptiles:
TruDistance

Amphibians:
TruDistance

Giant Pandas:
Razorblade-x-milkshake  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:17 am
[-Reserved for future use-]  

Ailinea

Ailinea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:18 am
[-Reserved for future use-]  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:25 am
Good idea. Hmmm. Maybe I should start a bat topic.  

Lucy Fugus
Vice Captain

yolantasiu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:04 pm
Add me for monkeys!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:25 pm
Yay! I'm the monkey gurl!!  

yolantasiu

Ailinea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:24 am
yolantasiu
I had to add you eventually. Drat all this busy-ness!! Yay for monkeys! And the monkey gurl! ~*Puts Yolan on her shoulders and parades her around town*~ Hope you enjoy the suit!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:52 pm
i'm lost, i thought we had a monkey girl  

Kineta Storm

Kineta Storm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:52 pm
ok huns, i know i'm not on alot, but as one of my rare opportunities to get on, i wanted to let you all in on a few cool things going on, so please check out the links below if you find them at all interesting, and i hope some of you find happiness in them.

Awsome guilds:

do you like Harry potter? Do you like to rp? then check out Dea and Olly's Hogwarts and join our happy family

do you like animals? would you like to meet other animal buffs? then please join us at Animal lover's guild and see what you have in common with the rest of the animal lovers in the world.

are you a sailor moon fan? do you like to meet other sailor moon fans and do some rping? then please check out The Sailor Moon/Fushigi Yuugi Guild

do you own a charity? would you like to visit with other charty owners? then please join us at Charities United

CHeck out these awsome Affiliates:

http://tinyurl.com/5qppo[/img]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

jazi's quest

User Image

Many Magical Quests from Mars (in progress)

Charities:

User Image

User Image

User Image

hehe thanks for checking this out, and i hope you all enjoy, and feel free to send it along to any freinds you think might enjoy it

good luck and huggles from the one and only Kineta (Kitty) Storm  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:37 pm
Ailinea
yolantasiu
I had to add you eventually. Drat all this busy-ness!! Yay for monkeys! And the monkey gurl! ~*Puts Yolan on her shoulders and parades her around town*~ Hope you enjoy the suit!!

Thank you!!  

yolantasiu

Ailinea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:09 am
I need to add more links. Anyone have any ideas?

Screamin, perhaps I should add you under wildlife rehabilitation? That would be neat. I've done some rehab in my days, but not as hardcore as you. whee  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:07 am
Hmm, I'm not very good in any one field, but most of my knowledge is in Herpology (Reptiles & Anphians, mainly reps though) and the San Francisco Zoo. Even though I've been away from the SF Zoo for 2 years I still know a lot about it.  

Trudant

Kineta Storm

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:35 pm
that's cool tru, i love beared dragons, hehe dont' ask me why, i'm just addicted  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:11 pm
Ailinea
I need to add more links. Anyone have any ideas?

Screamin, perhaps I should add you under wildlife rehabilitation? That would be neat. I've done some rehab in my days, but not as hardcore as you. whee

I have an idea....how about wild cats, wild dogs, what animal is this( for people who see an animal and dont know what type it is), and fish.  

Pants Mule

Ailinea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:40 am
devil89030
I have an idea....how about wild cats, wild dogs, what animal is this( for people who see an animal and dont know what type it is), and fish.
OK, sounds like a good idea, but I'm a bit confused on how to implement it. Do you want me to add links to certain things, or...

I thought of something. As far as a what animal is this, do you suggest I put someone that you can send a PM to someone who is good with animal identification to find out?  
The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff