Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Survived the 30's - 70's...? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When were you born?
1930's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1940's
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1950's
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1960's
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
1970's
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 51

Mother Birthday

Friendly Giver

12,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 pm
Hello. I was born in 1963. I survived a few things. I miss my Flexie. Did anyone else have one?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:27 am
THE Birthday Charity
Hello. I was born in 1963. I survived a few things. I miss my Flexie. Did anyone else have one?

You made it! -huggles- I don't remember flexies. confused I remember clackers, though. And what was that thing called where you put a rigid plastic circle around your ankle with a string and a weight attacked and flipped it around in circles, hopping over the string?

edit: found it! it was called Skip It.  

bandaidd
Crew

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 pm
I was born in '61. I also survived sponges wiping down counters (still do), meat thawed on the counter, the riots of '68, black & white tv, climbing trees (although I did break my leg letting go of a ladder I was hanging from when my dad told me not to climb up it...lol), ingesting St. Joseph's Aspirin for Children (damn that was good stuff). walking to my elementary school on my own, spankings (oh yeah, I deserved them).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 pm
'63, and doin' fine. remember the original easy-bake oven? i think i killed mine when the light bulb melted the plastic. slinkys. those oddball fabrics our clothes were made from. hippie vans. the flower children that i was supposed to avoid. candy that still cost 2¢. fishing for minnows in the irrigation ditch. no bike helmet. skate keys. roller rinks and drive-ins. a&w hamburgers.
elephant bells. the wedgie shoe. big hair (which i could never achieve). halter tops with fringe. smoking in public places. smoking before the age of 18 (or whatever it is now).
wow. i remembered something.  

Geeky User Name

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:55 am
!940 puts me at the 1%, ha ha ha  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:17 pm
havenne17
But I still miss those little dinosaurs that used to run around the place when I was a kid...... rofl

User Image

Found! 4laugh  

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100

lovelyshai

1,350 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm
born in 1971. was a teen in the 80's C:  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 am
bandaidd
THE Birthday Charity

You made it! -huggles- I don't remember flexies. confused I remember clackers, though. And what was that thing called where you put a rigid plastic circle around your ankle with a string and a weight attacked and flipped it around in circles, hopping over the string?

edit: found it! it was called Skip It.

The one I wanted when I was five had a lemon on the end and sounded like a rattle when you skipped. I was so jealous of the kids who brought theirs to school! They still make something similar. I bought one for my daughter but instead of a lemon it has a weird, heavy and awkward thing on the end with a ribbon that extends from it.  

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

iBePatato

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:21 pm
of corse im not over 21 but i think its adults faults for haveing safty things, i dont think i would last a hour back then.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 am
The voting was closed so I didn't get to vote but I was born in the '30's. 1933 to be exact!  

Lucky Lass 38

Rainy-Desu

3,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:19 pm
I was a child of the late 80's. :3
I don't really remember much of it
though since I was born in 1988.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:19 pm
I was born 1978. So, I really only remember the 80s. Horrid as they were, I still have memories of them. Neon colored clothing, jelly shoes, My Little Pony, and Cabbage Patch Kids.
Oh geez. Totally flash backs. I need a drink.

Hypocoristical

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:49 pm
I was born 1964 and I am glad they never had those cabbage patch kids when I was younger.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 pm
o_O desi O_o
'63, and doin' fine. remember the original easy-bake oven? i think i killed mine when the light bulb melted the plastic. slinkys. those oddball fabrics our clothes were made from. hippie vans. the flower children that i was supposed to avoid. candy that still cost 2¢. fishing for minnows in the irrigation ditch. no bike helmet. skate keys. roller rinks and drive-ins. a&w hamburgers.
elephant bells. the wedgie shoe. big hair (which i could never achieve). halter tops with fringe. smoking in public places. smoking before the age of 18 (or whatever it is now).
wow. i remembered something.

This. And, yes - I remember smoking in the hospital after surgery. Wax pop bottles and Pop Rocks. And Archie and Dennis the Mennis comics, as well as all of the DC and Marvel. XD
@ The Bunny of wind - But, please - no wedgies of any kind, and NO cabbage Patch dolls.
@THE Birthday Charity - Yes! I stole it from my little sister. lol  

Metal Wallflower

Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas