1970's
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 51

Geeky User Name

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 pm
metal walflower
o_O desi O_o
'63, and doin' fine. remember the original easy-bake oven? i think i killed mine when the light bulb melted the plastic. slinkys. those oddball fabrics our clothes were made from. hippie vans. the flower children that i was supposed to avoid. candy that still cost 2ยข. fishing for minnows in the irrigation ditch. no bike helmet. skate keys. roller rinks and drive-ins. a&w hamburgers.
elephant bells. the wedgie shoe. big hair (which i could never achieve). halter tops with fringe. smoking in public places. smoking before the age of 18 (or whatever it is now).
wow. i remembered something.

This. And, yes - I remember smoking in the hospital after surgery. Wax pop bottles and Pop Rocks. And Archie and Dennis the Mennis comics, as well as all of the DC and Marvel. XD
@ The Bunny of wind - But, please - no wedgies of any kind, and NO cabbage Patch dolls.
@THE Birthday Charity - Yes! I stole it from my little sister. lol

Ha! There you are. Old woman. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 am
I feel sad that my children didn't, couldn't, have the freedom we had. They grew up in an age when every other day some child was snatched, or offered drugs, or got into trouble for trespassing on someone's property, when we ourselves could roam almost at will from dawn to dusk. My children couldn't even ride their bikes where we lived, the traffic had grown so bad.  

Ergates

Conservative Dabbler

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 pm
I loved being able to go to the creek and see how many tat-pols there were and trying to see if you could find a frog or toad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:17 pm
The Bunny of wind
I loved being able to go to the creek and see how many tat-pols there were and trying to see if you could find a frog or toad.

OMG! I forgot all about the tadpoles and pollywogs! User Image In late spring/early summer, they were prevalent in some small, shallow ponds near the highway viaduct where I grew up! Remember getting a few cattails for mom while we were there too! 4laugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
The Bunny of wind

OMG! I forgot all about the tadpoles and pollywogs! User Image In late spring/early summer, they were prevalent in some small, shallow ponds near the highway viaduct where I grew up! Remember getting a few cattails for mom while we were there too! 4laugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I forgot about the cattails they grew just about everywhere their not around anymore or at least not here where I live  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 pm
Lil Brat
otakujack
i was born in 1980. *feels inadeqate* crying
*Hands you a wormy mud pie.* wink

i o only got to see the light of 84' we lready had stopped eating mudpieas and started feasting on glue mrgreen  

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Anonymous Mosh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:05 pm
I remember that the field across the highway was used for the traveling carnival. Before it was made into a shopping mall. Which is now quite dead, from what I understand.
But that was when they weren't as strict with the maintenance. And the food wasn't monitored. The tickets might have been about 10 cents, and the 'all-day-pass' was maybe a dollar.
I think.
Maybe not. My memory doesn't seem to be that good.

Anon. Mosh  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 am
I was born in 1968, biggrin , so living in the 70's was pretty cool! The good and classic music all started to come out at this time! I was raised listening to the Doors, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Jethro Tull, and more lol but loved it! I remember always playing outside till dark! having water fights, palying tag! climbiing trees! etc! always something to do! we didn't want to go in!!lol  

Queentintin

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250