Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Techie Gadgets!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:27 pm
I have to say I loooove gadgets. They are so fun and shiny and nice to play with. I just got a Nokia 9300 phone from work and it is a beautiful thing to behold. It is a really fancy phone that acts a lot like a palm pilot as well. It has internet and a big screen so its pretty easy to view webpages on it.
Do you have a favorite gadget? Favorite dream gadget?
Let us know here. heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:07 pm
ThinkGeek gadget
The Future Has Arrived, just click that link to see a picture. Mind you I don't own one of these... but it is cool, isn't it?

Remember when you were promised all those amazing future tech innovations? Just around the corner was supposed to be a shining technology utopia with flying cars, personal space travel to distant galaxies, and bio-implantable cell phones. It's almost disappointing enough to make you sit at home and watch old episodes of "Space 1999".

Don't lose hope! An amazing glimpse of this promised future has just arrived at ThinkGeek in the form of the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard. This tiny device laser-projects a keyboard on any flat surface... you can then type away accompanied by simulated key click sounds. It really is true future magic at its best. You'll be turning heads the moment you pull this baby from your pocket and use it to compose an e-mail on your bluetooth enabled PDA or Cell Phone. With 63 keys and and full size QWERTY layout the Laser Virtual Keyboard can approach typing speeds of a standard keyboard... in a size a little larger than a matchbook.

Product Features

Connects to PDAs Smartphones and Computers using Bluetooth
Projects a full size keyboard onto any flat surface
Allows the convinence of regular keyboard typing in a tiny form factor
Rechargeable battery lasts for 120 minutes of continuous typing
Tiny size only 3.5 inches high
Compatible with PalmOS 5, PocketPC 2003, Windows Smartphone, Symbian OS, and Windows 2000/XP. Limited Mac OSX Support.  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:43 pm
Oiii! That does sound nice. Anyone else like stuff? Come on, don't be shy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:06 am
I like stuff! I can't afford stuff, but I like 'em whee
The only cool gadgets I actually own are my Ipod, digital cam, cell phone (Nokia 6230, all I could afford, lol)... that's about it crying

Adora Astra

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:33 pm
I really want a digital camera myself. Maybe somthing SLRish and in the 9.1 Megapixel range (like I can really justify that purchase >_>)  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:59 pm
Mines is a 7.2 Megapixel cam XD
For the price, it wasn't too bad. Can't remember exactly but it was under $500

Adora Astra

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:38 pm
Actually I think the most important thing for me right now is that I get one that has a good optical zoom. Optical zooms are my friend. *hugs optical zoom* 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:03 am
engineer-of-doom
ThinkGeek gadget
The Future Has Arrived, just click that link to see a picture. Mind you I don't own one of these... but it is cool, isn't it?

Remember when you were promised all those amazing future tech innovations? Just around the corner was supposed to be a shining technology utopia with flying cars, personal space travel to distant galaxies, and bio-implantable cell phones. It's almost disappointing enough to make you sit at home and watch old episodes of "Space 1999".

Don't lose hope! An amazing glimpse of this promised future has just arrived at ThinkGeek in the form of the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard. This tiny device laser-projects a keyboard on any flat surface... you can then type away accompanied by simulated key click sounds. It really is true future magic at its best. You'll be turning heads the moment you pull this baby from your pocket and use it to compose an e-mail on your bluetooth enabled PDA or Cell Phone. With 63 keys and and full size QWERTY layout the Laser Virtual Keyboard can approach typing speeds of a standard keyboard... in a size a little larger than a matchbook.

Product Features

Compatible with PalmOS 5, PocketPC 2003, Windows Smartphone, Symbian OS, and Windows 2000/XP. Limited Mac OSX Support.

I saw something like that in the form of a pen before. The greatest thing is, it had a matching pen that could be used to project a screen. ^.^  

DrakeWurrum

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:04 pm
I bet that combo isn't cheap. o-o  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 am
engineer-of-doom
ThinkGeek gadget

Product Features

OMFG! I realy want one now!!  

Kekma

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:24 pm
Has anyone here heard of the Optimus keyboard? Basically, each key has a little screen on it that shows what its current function is. For normal typing, it's a normal keyboard. However, start playing a First-Person Shooter and the screens will change to show you what the command is. For example, it would take the WASD keys and show them as arrows.

The only problem is that it seems to be halted in production, etc. I doubt we'll ever see it... crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:39 pm
Ah, that's a damn cool keyboard. I like the feel of actual keys when I'm typing, but you must admit, using that for your laptop in a coffee shop, you'll get plenty of amazed stares.

Anyway, my favorite gadget is my PSP. I've just about given up one seeing some decent games anytime soon, the two best games for the PSP are both launch titles... and I've played them both out.
So, having recently gotten a computer with a USB 2.0 connection, and a 1Gigabyte memory stick for my PSP, now I keep everything stored on my PSP. Every artwork from my DeviantArt account is also on my PSP (so I can show off), I have one or two videos saved on it as well, and as of now, 82 songs in the playlist. I even use the web browser to check my messages on websites (too bad Gaia doesn't load up right though, everything gets scrunched together and resized).

I love my computer too (built it myself), but does that count as a gadget?  

Jioruji Derako

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Olympian 200

call_of_the_cthulu1992

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:53 pm
yay techs !w00t!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:39 pm
I have that article from a news paper. I think that keyboard is awesome! They should make more things like that...

One of my favorites is the fingerprint scanner-thing. Now THAT is awesome!  

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:15 am
Hmm... it's not exactly a gadget, but it is definitely a technological product.

Color-changing nail polish... and other things... like frisbees.

http://www.delsol.com/  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games