Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
The Sex Talk. *Dun dun daaa* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"The Talk":
  My parents gave me all the info I needed.
  I wish my parents had told me more.
  I learned about it from my friends.
  Aaah! *runs and hides*
  *covers ears* La la la la la...
View Results

PunctureWounds

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:05 pm
So I've been thinking lately, of how to approach this topic with my son. Even though it'll be quite some time before it's an issue at all, it's a topic that i'll eventually be facing head on. I'm completely lost on how to talk about sex with a son, whearas, I've thought alot about ways to go about it with a daugter.
How was the topic of sex treated in your family growing up? My mother was more liberal than her mother was with her, but I really could have used alot more information. Sons, did your mothers talk about sex with you, or was it your father's job?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:30 am
I grew up not really wanting to ask anything. Though I had brothers that would talk, because they learned it in school. My parents never spoke about it, I guess because we never brought it to their attention. But its always good to be honest and know what you're going to say when the time comes.  

Nycko

PunctureWounds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:39 pm
Yeah I remember not wanting to talk about it to my parents either. I felt embaressed about the subject, but I feel it stemmed from their embaressment. Had it been approached as a natural part of being human and the subject been introduced slowly from a young age, I don't think I would have felt ashamed about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:23 pm
My mom told me all about it in second grade. I am not sure how or who told my brother. Although I am sure my mom did due to the lack of a man in the home.

Even though my mom told me back then I had to take a class in 6th grade.  

Pomegranate Love

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Don't give him anymore than his age is able to handle, and let him ask the questions.
Also, if you talk about it openly and honestly in the house he'll feel comfortable about it later.
And there are always the wonderful books that are for kids about where babies come from and all.
That's in case you're too shy to approach the subject yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:04 pm
Thanks jambare, the relaxed approach sounds like the best way to handle it.
Books could also be really helpful to open up the topic for discussion in the first place. Or to help answer his questions in an age appropriate manner. I think I shall have to keep a look out for those...

PunctureWounds

God of the Black Flames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:34 pm
That's why my school has Sex Ed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:18 pm
My parents were never shy with me... if I had a question they would always answer it, no matter what it was. I basically grew up already knowing most of the facts but in a very sheltered way (they talked about it and gave me a couple of books... and it was just nonchalaunt and treated like something everybody knows about but not like a big *SHOCKER*). So I'd recommend always letting him know about the facts of life and ALWAYS answer his questions... it'll keep him from asking somebody else mrgreen

And also... try to let him know that, sorry, but all of your parents have had sex. It'll gross him out less if you sneak that into your convo... whenever my father has said that it always grossed ME out... >< *shiver* All of our parents, and grandparents, and great-grandparents... yep...  

Pandalover263

CzArInA~OkAzAr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:13 am
I never questioned my parents about the subject, because they had a lot of health and medic books around the house. Plus magazines, so I was always curious to read new books. One day I came across it and I just read it through. I even learned how to deliver a baby at age 9 from reading a book. So, just be open and don't feel uncomfortable. Because if you're not prepared, the child might feel you're hiding something from him or her. But books are helpful and I believe each public library has a few of them for children.

I work at a preschool and there's books about that which parents can take home to show their children.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:03 am
CzArInA~OkAzAr
I never questioned my parents about the subject, because they had a lot of health and medic books around the house. Plus magazines, so I was always curious to read new books. One day I came across it and I just read it through. I even learned how to deliver a baby at age 9 from reading a book. So, just be open and don't feel uncomfortable. Because if you're not prepared, the child might feel you're hiding something from him or her. But books are helpful and I believe each public library has a few of them for children.

I work at a preschool and there's books about that which parents can take home to show their children.

Yes yes. My mom had a book called "Who Made Me"... it gives corrent terminology at a level that little kids can handle... they have it at libraries  

Pandalover263

DMMegsie

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:21 pm
Hm... just be honest..  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42 pm
Let him ask you, he'll say 'Whats a v****a?' or 'HAHAHA p***s/v****a!'
This is where you start the talk.  

Zigster

Zigster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:46 pm
God of the Black Flames
That's why my school has Sex Ed.
Sex E.D is the stupidest thing, ever. They talk the sience, but no the experience. ASK YER PARENTS. Unless if your like me-- Cause my friends were 'curious' to say the least.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:54 pm
when it came to tha topic my mom or dad never talked to me about it i learned about it from tv and friends and stuff they never really mentioned it to me lol sweatdrop  

onlyone23

CrazySwedishGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:09 am
I asked my mom once how babies were made and she told me and I thought she joked first and then I was all disgusted and left the room. A few minutes afterwards I came back in again and said " Ok... Just one time." xp  
21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games