Animal lovers, please help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:59 pm
First off, apologies if this should be placed in some subforum. I wasn't sure where to put it, exactly, and it would most likely get the most attention here. Which is what I desperately need.

User Image

This little girl is Lucky. There's a site about her here: http://www.geocities.com/luckyrescuecharity/

However, because it gets so many hits each hour it tends to go down. If it's up, no need to read the rest of this post. If not, please continue.

Recently, I decided to take a random walk despite it being 10:30 and raining. As fate would have it, what do I find? A little dog. She's so skinny you can feel and see every rib when you pick her up.

I assumed, at first, she was a dog who had gotten away from her owner. However, my mother discovered a very odd (and poor quality) tattoo placed in an awkward place on one of her legs.

We did some prodding, and came to find it's actually a 'label'. Poor little girl was an experiment subject at a lab that was closed down a few months ago. And, apparently, they decided just to throw her out.

I have many other rescue animals that require regular vet visits for whatever reason (my beagle needs a weekly eye check up, my rabbit has a terminal illness and requires shots every other day, to name a few), and money, epesically recently, has become very slim.

The fact of the matter is I can't afford to take little Lucky to the vet AND get her treated. She has an eye infection, leg injuries, scratches, cuts, bruises. I've done the best I can, but she NEEDS a vet.

So I'm asking the people of other websites, people in real life, and here on Gaia to please help me by donating or even just spreading the word.

For donations, the best way is through paypal at the account: lovinlife969@yahoo.com

Snail mail will work as well. For my adress please e-mail: LuckyRescueCharity@yahoo.com

For those who are broke (and trust me I sympathize), please spread the word to your friends, your family, or anyone you think can and would be willing to help.

ANY assistance, even something as little as a dollar, is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:41 pm
1. It's a wonderful thing you're doing, and I have utmost respect for that.

2. We don't know if the money's actually going toward that or who it's going to. I suggest that you recheck your budget to see if it can allow for a new dog. If not, perhaps there is an animal rescue shelter nearby that does not euthanize their animals? As heartbreaking as it might be to give the dog up, you should not keep him if you cannot afford to give him proper care. That's no better.

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Recycled Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items