Reply Serious Conversations
Dating Sites Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:42 am
Okay, noramly I wouldn't bother with dating sites (i.e. Lava Life, Match.com, True.com, Yahoo! Personnels) but Im deployed over on the other side of the world, so I thought this would a decent thing to try.
What are your expieiences with dating sites and is it recommended? What sites are good.
Anything that you've heard about dating sites could be helpful and it's a good idea for a thread! razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:06 am
Chaotic_Deckard
Okay, noramly I wouldn't bother with dating sites (i.e. Lava Life, Match.com, True.com, Yahoo! Personnels) but Im deployed over on the other side of the world, so I thought this would a decent thing to try.
What are your expieiences with dating sites and is it recommended? What sites are good.
Anything that you've heard about dating sites could be helpful and it's a good idea for a thread! razz
um... i met my fiancee on gaia... xd  

otakujack

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:10 pm
otakujack
Chaotic_Deckard

Wow...never thought really to hook up with anyone from Gaia...too many youngens running around makes it somewhat difficult looking for woman my age...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:36 pm
I had some luck with SpringStreet Personals a while ago (they run the personals for the Onion, Salon, Nerve, other youthful-literate-quasi-hipster sites). Met a great guy on there. Perfect for me. Youthful, literate, quasi-hipster, brilliant, athletic, handsome in a chiseled way, and lucrative. (Then my ex (now my current Boy) called me up and wanted me back, so I dropped Mr. Perfect like a hot potato.)

There's only so much to be said for fixups, real life or online - just 'cause your characteristics match doesn't mean you'll have chemistry... But at least online you get to screen people first, through their writing, which is a great way to screen people. Beats bars. So, I suggest the Springstreet personals.  

evie_vie

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:57 pm
I met my current "friend" at a private forum. We talked for over a year before we finally met. There are people who snicker at that... but like evie_vie said, it is a good way to screen people. Anonymnity makes it easier to talk to people sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:22 pm
Have no idea - hasn't dated in over 5 years, and isn't in a big hurry to take it up again sweatdrop

Am kinda enjoying my single status... redface  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Zaphriel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:56 pm
I think it's better then most of the other ways to meet someone. I have a friend who keeps trying to pick up the girls who work at different coffee shops he goes to. Last time he took me out and pointed the 'new one' out to me I just said...

"Look man, the last three were married and this one is obviously a lesbian*, stop asking these girls out! We're running out of places to get a good cup of coffee!"

Anyway, he's now looking on line and it's going pretty good so far, thank GOD!

Just know that if you're talking to someone and it seems a little fishy, there are sites you can go on to check if it's a scam.

*She was flirting with another girl who was hanging out near her counter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:40 pm
Zaphriel
I think it's better then most of the other ways to meet someone. I have a friend who keeps trying to pick up the girls who work at different coffee shops he goes to. Last time he took me out and pointed the 'new one' out to me I just said...

"Look man, the last three were married and this one is obviously a lesbian*, stop asking these girls out! We're running out of places to get a good cup of coffee!"

Anyway, he's now looking on line and it's going pretty good so far, thank GOD!

Just know that if you're talking to someone and it seems a little fishy, there are sites you can go on to check if it's a scam.

*She was flirting with another girl who was hanging out near her counter.
That's too funny, well probably not for your friend... wink  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

otakujack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Chaotic_Deckard
otakujack
Chaotic_Deckard

Wow...never thought really to hook up with anyone from Gaia...too many youngens running around makes it somewhat difficult looking for woman my age...
well we didnt do it on PURPOSE... just met here and became friends. didnt get involved romantically until AFTER hanging out rl. LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:20 am
whats dating mean? *cry* gonk  

Gromf

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:46 am
Gromf
whats dating mean? *cry* gonk

I dont know, I would prefer the term "hanging out and getting to know one another better" but that takes to long to say... gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:45 pm
I hear there is a website out for Gamers that want to date..mostly gamers from MMORPGs. I don't even know the link I remeber reading it in PC Gamer. Side note...there's more males then females on said site. Though if someone could find it it would be a place to look. That and I see commercials for E-harmony.com all the time. *shrug*  

Semanti

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:40 pm
Semanti
I hear there is a website out for Gamers that want to date..mostly gamers from MMORPGs. I don't even know the link I remeber reading it in PC Gamer. Side note...there's more males then females on said site. Though if someone could find it it would be a place to look. That and I see commercials for E-harmony.com all the time. *shrug*

I dont do MMOs anymore...they take too much out of my life...besides I hear that it is filled with mostly men anyway. I looked at EHarmony, but the lil questionare when creating an account seem to be on the vague side...
It just gives me a whole bunch of adjetives and I have to rate from 1 to 6 if that word describes me or not. Im not a bunch of adjectives gonk

At least I have a 8.4 rating at Hot or Not razz  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:31 pm
Chaotic_Deckard

hmmmmmmmm, I have an opening in my stalking schedule... perhaps I'll pencil you in then.

wink

j/k  

CosmicHedgehog

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:28 am
CosmicHedgehog
Chaotic_Deckard

hmmmmmmmm, I have an opening in my stalking schedule... perhaps I'll pencil you in then.

wink

j/k

Yeah, don't start stalking me, I might like it.
xp  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces