Reply Serious Conversations
Dating Sites Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UniKorn Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:51 am
I've been divorced for 7 years now, and I've tried several of the services, the ones I've like the best is Match.com and www.premiersingles.com, which has bases in all major cities, you can go through their main site, or individual cities, just type in the city name like Detroit singles is detsingles.com or Los Angeles is lasingles.com, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:29 am
Okay...I got an account on True.com, Match.com, Nerve.com, portlandareasingles.com, and I'm still going through the survey on eHarmony.
Im not paying for any of these yet.

Desperate? I would say that Im broadening my horizons than anything else.  

mods have small penises

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:45 pm
I woudn't say desperate either. It's hard to meet people. the bar scene just sucks. most of them are like meat markets - they aren't about finding someone for a relationship, they are about finding something to screw. (sorry, I became very blunt after I hit 35 wink ). As far as finding someone at work... I work in hotels, and the dating pool there is married men, gay men, and straight women.... none of which help me out much. blaugh

So you have to turn to "non-traditional" techniques. There's nothing wrong with that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:12 pm
The only women I work with are married, or have been married but still have kids. I'm not in the type of place where I can go out and find some single women either.
Let me warn everyone that eHarmony suxxx a**!!
I'm saying this because "Oh! There's no cute women on this site."
No. I'm saying this because I don't know if there are ANY women on this service. Unlike other service where you can browse through the user base to find some one, eHarmony finds some one based on personality and such by itself. I click "Find a new match" and let it "search" for a minute...five mintues...ten minutes...nothing happens. Wow!! What a service that doesn't even work!!  

mods have small penises

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:19 pm
Okay...everything is posted and about 20 people have already looked at my profile from match.com

but im not here to brag, just feedback.
If some of you could look at my profiles on Match and True (since eHarmony doesnt work for me) and give me some positive feedback on what you think. Basicly, just where I can improve in the writing protions. Should there be more or less I should be telling about myself? Are there some details in there that shouldn't? Am I not telling enough about myslef? ect ect ect

My profile on True is "dizzygfunk"
and on Match is "decked"

Thanks in advance if you take the time to look me over razz smile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:00 pm
I visit and browse dating sites a lot, but I'm incredibly hesitant to try one....
I put up a personal ad once, but then I never wrote anybody back. I don't know, maybe I'm stressing myself out too much over this stuff.  

Beloved Genius

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:30 pm
Chaotic_Deckard
Thanks in advance if you take the time to look me over razz smile

Oh, you are a precious little bunny. wink :rwaaarrrrr: I'd email you. heart

I looked at both sites, as soon as I managed to find the "search by user name" button. redface I think what you have is pretty good. Personally, I think you should tell enough to get some interested, and give a pretty good overview of yourself...but not give your entire life history. So I think you did a good job.

ANd Earthangel, you are stressing yourself out too much. A dating site or a personal ad isn't like you are going to sell yourself to the first responder. wink Set up a email account just for that site, or whatever, and make sure you don't tell anyone how to get to your house, and you'll be okay. There is no harm in talking to someone as long as you use common sense. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:08 am
Most dating sites these days wont post your email. I havent tried it yet, but I think that emails can only be sent throught the website itself, so there is a level of privacy for your email at least.

Cosmic: Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

and...maybe some one would know more than me on this, but, why is eHarmony 50$ for one month, where as Match.com is like 13$ a month?  

mods have small penises

Pisces Tat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:12 am
www.casualkiss.com
www.myspace.com
www.facebook.com

Those are all popular sites that my friends in real life use and enjoy.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:33 pm
Uggghhhh - damn, I'm really glad I gave up on the dating thing. Just don't have the time, and these days, I'm too damn cranky to put up with much - i.e. I've become rather mouthy lately when I don't like something.

As to dating people at work: when I was younger and not nearly so bright, I did that... it's a very bad idea gonk  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:22 pm
Internet dating... think we've got a new one so will lock this one.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:36 am
yeh I was engaged for a year and have been with my ex for three years, she left me for some reason, i still dont know why after a year being apart, but dating hasn been what it used to be, it just seems that im starting to loose interest in looking, ah i don't know i havn tried the internet dating thing, seems a little skeptical, but if it works for some people than i got nothing against it.  

Angels_eye

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:43 pm
Finded it ~ mostly from 2005, though...

Although Jack & Vampy are still very much together. 3nodding xd GoGaia ~ lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 am
I am currently married, but not happily (savng money to leave). I have tried myspace, yahoo personals, true (but don't have the money to spend right now) and singles.net. Nothing yet .
I work Night Audit at a hotel and have actually been getting hit on a lot, but I think that a relationship is not what they have in mind LOL. I am just getting to old (just turned 34 on the 11th) to play games. I also have kids, so I have to take that into consideration too. I hope you all have better luck than me, crying

Nightfeare

Romantic Survivor

6,950 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Etoile de la Mer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:16 pm
I've tried a few sites and found that some a good and some suck.

Yahoo Personals, I signed up for a year. The first few months were great, then it declined rapidly. There are too many people who put up adds without paying, so when you find someone who interests you, it's a dead end. When I quit, they didn't delete my add, leaving it in place until I went in and deleted all the contenct manually. I supose it's a case of anything to boost their population of "available" people...

LavaLife is a meat market. I did luck into one person who was a close match and we dated until I realized there was a spouse in the way of any serious relationship. Poor spouse... that add is still up.

eHarmony is okay. It eventually does match you with a wide variety of people, but the process is time consuming and by the time you get through with all the questionaires, counter questionaires, rate by importance, and the rest of the regime you are put through after being matched, all your enthusiasm is gone. I was a member for over six months and never got a single date out of it. I did however get a free magazine subscription which gave me something to read while watching my life go past.

I'm going to go back to Yahoo or head over to some other site. I like the idea of internet dating since I hate bars and my job has shrunk my dating pool into a small muddy puddle. It lets me screen possible dates for age, intelligence, and generally looks before I decide to even respond.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff