Reply Serious Conversations
Dating Sites Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Door Revoir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:42 am
Welp. My first long term relationship actually happened because it was a guy I met off of here..
After that relationship failed and I managed to pull myself back together, I tried www.plentyoffish.com and met some people off of there.. None of whom were correct for me, but hey, it takes a while sometimes. Then oddly enough, I keep meeting people through AOL.. Not intentionally. That was more of a "I'm on here for boredom" thing and I just happen to find some cool cats every now and again.

As for dating in general.. I find it awkward because I dislike having people spend money on me. sweatdrop Especially if it's the first time we're meeting and there's the risk we won't be seeing one another again.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:44 am
You just gotta keep your eyes open. Whether it be at the bars, the internet, or the supermarket, you gotta be on the alert. Though i must say, the internet seems to be the easiest.

Oh BTW, has anyone ever tried speed dating? I keep seeing it on reality shows and movies. Does it really exist? It would be awesome to see one in action.  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

Door Revoir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:54 am
QuietStorm XII
You just gotta keep your eyes open. Whether it be at the bars, the internet, or the supermarket, you gotta be on the alert. Though i must say, the internet seems to be the easiest.

Oh BTW, has anyone ever tried speed dating? I keep seeing it on reality shows and movies. Does it really exist? It would be awesome to see one in action.
I believe they have one in most major cities.. In fact, I believe we have one here in Colorado called "Just Lunch" or something like that. I personally would never go because I don't think I'd like sitting down with a guy for five minutes, finding myself really liking him and then wondering who else around me gave him their number.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:08 am
Door Au Revoir -- Totally know how you feel. I feel the same way. Even though I've been with my boyfriend for almost three years, I still feel that way.

As for dating sites. I've met my current boyfriend and the one before this on Myspace. Not intentional. Just kinda browsing and "Oh, he looks fun to talk to". And just kinda went from there.

My mom used eharmony. And had a couple of dates. But didn't really click with any of them.  

elwine

Sliverbolt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:52 am
tried many of them and been kicked off all of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:39 pm
http://www.okcupid.com is a great free dating site, and it has the added benefit of having an expansive list of match questions. I highly recommend answering at least 1000 for accurate match results.  

Fluffy-A-Bunni

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:03 am
LadyLilithDreams
http://www.okcupid.com is a great free dating site, and it has the added benefit of having an expansive list of match questions. I highly recommend answering at least 1000 for accurate match results.

Thanks! This one looks at least somewhat promising! I just got my heart a little broken, last night. The guy I liked is a little younger than me. We were hanging out with another friend (this guy doesn't know I like him) and he said that he wouldn't date anyone younger or older than him by about a year. Sad, huh? He's like the perfect guy for me, too. Grr.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm
Bleh ... I've tried okcupid.com ........I wasn't really looking to really meet anyone, I guess I was just kinda curious to see what's out there. I ended up meeting two guys, one was really great, we became really good friends, and the other dude is like......... a stalker. Last time I went out with him was like April (and I stormed out on him because he was being a jerk!)........ and up until late August he was still calling and texting pretty much daily even though I never answered the phone or responded to the texts. Then I figured out my cell has a "block number" feature, so I didn't hear from him for weeks, then last thursday I get a text from him again! he got a new phone......... it's blocked now too. eek not okcupids fault... I probably would've met this guy sooner or later anyway since he lives pretty close to me and frequents the book store I USED TO go to... but yeah, I deleted my account lol It's not a bad site though, it's free! and it's pretty casual it's not just a dating site, there's quizes and fun stuff... it's just a good place to meet people, friend people... or whatever  

mixette

mixette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:14 pm
Sliverbolt

hmm.. I'm curious how one gets "kicked off" of dating sites. What did ya do?? lol  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm
Door Au Revoir
QuietStorm XII

I believe they have one in most major cities.. In fact, I believe we have one here in Colorado called "Just Lunch" or something like that. I personally would never go because I don't think I'd like sitting down with a guy for five minutes, finding myself really liking him and then wondering who else around me gave him their number.

They actually have an online speed dating website now... don't remember what its called but its something highly original like "speeddating.com" ... something easy to find on google. So you make a little profile on the site and you meet other people and talk to them via webcam for three minutes or so and after that you each get to decide if you want to be "friends" and from there you can decide if its someone you want to meet in person or not.  

mixette

JadeB82

5,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 pm
I met my guy at Wal*Mart. We both worked there. I thought he was hot, chased after him, and we are still together 7 years later.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 pm
i met my girl friend at work and it was terrible working together. So i quit for our relationship . she got me into gaia and wow. I found out just recently that she is addicted to online relationships. We are presently working things out and she has quit all of her online relations with people. So might i suggest going to Lava Life or some place where they screen your dates, cause through experience Adult Friend Finder is nothing but a F*ck site for horney people. Chose who you date carfully. Good Luck on chosing your future mate.  

ultra edge

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:41 am
mixette
Sliverbolt

hmm.. I'm curious how one gets "kicked off" of dating sites. What did ya do?? lol

I'm curious, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 am
truthfully I never had the need for a dating site.
I met my husband right here on Gaia ^-^  

Lita Kuragari

taytay75

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:38 am
I met my boyfriend on myspace. I went to visit him in Chicago and he came here to SC with me, not planned at all, lol. We had started by myspace messages, moved to yahoo im, then talked ALOT on the phone. I have found my soulmate! He loved my kids and they loved him back. We have alot of future plans together. We have been living together since Jan 07 and plan to marry in June 2010. I think its a hit or miss with meeting someone on the internet, but so is meeting someone in the bar, store, etc.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff