Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Who makes comics here? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerds?
  I liek teh grape!
  I'm not a nerd!
  *poops*
View Results

AHKyle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:19 pm
I have dabbled in comic creating, and although it was fun, it required a lot of my time, and a ****load of computer paper(notebook sucks IMO), and I've stopped production.

BUT! That shouldn't keep my fellow nerds(you guys) from continuing in becoming comic artists, manga-ka or whatevah! I very well could continue making comics if I wanted, and just show you guys or something(I ultimately quit drawing the comic because I was the only one reading it, so I felt pathetic. That and I lost a crap load of the pages).

Feel free to share your works here, I'd love to see them, and I'm sure the nerd community would too.

dramallama dramallama dramallama  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:34 pm
Well, I've got a ton of ideas... I just haven't been brave enough to get them on paper. But here's a basic summary of a story I've thought of.

When a person reaches the age of 18, they receive a demon or an angel based on how they've acted up 'til then, and the angel/demon is always the opposide gender of the owner. However, one boy gets a male creature that is neither an angel or a demon.

The angels/demons are also used to fight; angels versus demons, demons versus angels.

I know it's kinda... Okay, VERY terrible, but I haven't had time to really flesh out all the d'tails. Summer holiday now, so I get to do that now ^_^  

XxMizerablexX

AHKyle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:39 pm
xXForsaken-WingsXx
Well, I've got a ton of ideas... I just haven't been brave enough to get them on paper. But here's a basic summary of a story I've thought of.

When a person reaches the age of 18, they receive a demon or an angel based on how they've acted up 'til then, and the angel/demon is always the opposide gender of the owner. However, one boy gets a male creature that is neither an angel or a demon.

The angels/demons are also used to fight; angels versus demons, demons versus angels.

I know it's kinda... Okay, VERY terrible, but I haven't had time to really flesh out all the d'tails. Summer holiday now, so I get to do that now ^_^

Not terrible, just a bit too cliched. But hey, my story is about a group of kids saving the world(well.. without details and things), and that's about as cliched as you can get, but IMO(even though my opinion shouldn't really count) It's still a pretty good story. It's all about character, and storyline. Premise makes no difference.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:14 pm
I'am trying 2 become a manga-ka but the drawing is doing no good 4 me but i'm still writing  

ZaffoMufasa

AHKyle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:57 pm
That's good. Keep at it. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:17 pm
Sorry, I cant draw for the life of me. I built programs, not fill artbooks =
I wish i could draw though..that would be cool.  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Kekma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:16 am
I use to do some comics. Not published, of course. I would want to re-vamp them to make them even more awesome then they are already.

I keep several notebooks of ideas for plots, character concept, and the like. So I guess you can say that I have been dealing with comics for the last 11 years. But I have a feeling that most people won't love them the same way I do, which is why they are in my privet collection, and no where else.

Another reason why I normally don’t let them out to the other people (<.< >.>) is my constant stream of clinical dyslexia, and my lack of good spelling. I had to run this reply through word to check for mistakes. It is sad. crying

But recently I’ve been sculpting miniatures for use in DnD. If anyone has any sketches or any ideas for miniatures please send it to my e-mail (it’s in my signature).
whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:42 am
my cousin and i are making a web comic ... i'm designing the page and the story board, while she draws. o_o;

it's like azumanga daioh, but with boys and girls. it's kinda silly and weird, but it's really just for fun.

Pete Wentz`

sailorhirahmoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:03 am
Not making a comic at all, but i do love to read them! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:54 pm
Lol, I do, if you consider writing a manga as writing a comic.

... it would probably be better if I could draw sweatdrop  

mangosteen

Kuro Tori

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:15 pm
When i was a kid i made these comics about a guy who lived in a mideavel type setting. The kingdom had been attacked and conquered by some evil overlord. The young man set off to try and find help and found a portal to the future. There he befriends a crazy sientist and one of his own kind who had been living in the future for years. They go back to save the kingdom. But on the way they come across many trials and battles. I never finished it and i'm not sure where my comics are now. I was so young when i made them but it was fun. I did an ongoing comic strip about high school life. Recently i've been working on a concept and art for a new one. but its really early in the process.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:42 pm
While I do not myself make comics, my (younger) brothers who do often come to me for help.  

DarkLynx9701

AHKyle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:48 pm
I'm going to a Manga class starting Monday. Maybe if there's any results, I can give you a before and after type of thing. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:42 pm
I can draw...okay-ish... but I'm too wussy [and LAZY] to post something. Maybe l8r...  

mono_chroma

Yuki-Usa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:14 pm
I don't draw manga. I can draw fine when it comes to art, but the only kind of comics I make are of the sprite variety, which isn't what you were asking about. I make up great stories, just can never get the courage to actually write them down. I'm a wuss. sweatdrop  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games