Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:13 pm
The Temple of Secrets
Enigma's Temple

Welcome to the Temple of Secrets, where one may search for enlightenment into the depths of the unknown, to divine truth from fiction and perhaps learn the unlearned. It is here where Enigma resides, with his Angelique Secret, and children Oracle and Triptych. It is here in the vast halls and winding corridors, immense libraries and dark spaces that one may find what they were looking for, or nothing at all.

Be always aware of thy surroundings, lest you get lost for eternity within the halls of the secrets. Once down the path in search, without the light of true seeking, and focus of will, one could easily take a wrong turn and never return.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:21 pm
The God

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Enigma
Domain: Secrets
Alignment: Neutral

Personality: Enigma is very calm, quiet, and passive most of the time. It takes a lot to bring his temper into swing, but once riled, he can be a force to be reckoned with. However, he prefers to keep to himself and his family, with occasional visits and conversations with his fellow gods. He occasionally graces mortals with his presence if he considers them worthy, particularly to those who seek to join his path.

He is often found reading, and unless one truly seeks his path and the way of Secrets, one may easily miss him walking the halls or even lounging in the half-lit areas, a passing, fleeting unknown thought and whisper.

When he does make himself known to soemoen - god or mortal - he says as little as he can, sometimes in cryptic words, as he will not reveal his knowledge unless absolutely needed - and often times lets his Angelique and beloved, Secret, deal with talking to most people if it is a matter of business or relations.  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:23 pm
The Beloved
Enigma's Angelique and Children

Name: Secret

Personality: Secret is Enigma's right hand, his faithful follower and beloved lover. She is his everything and he to her, and together they keep the domain fo Secrets going as one. When he is busy, or simply unable to deal with an issue, she is his messenger, running errands and performing his will as required. She is more vocal, often the one to greet people to the temple and to visit those in need.

While more vocal then Engima, she still is careful in her words to not reveal more then is necessary. Still, she is cheerful, content, and often willing to do more then is needed. She is the main keeper of the temple and it's grounds, keeping everything as eprfect as possible.

Name: Triptych

Personality: Triptych is the liekly successor of Enigma to the domain, and is learning much to follow in his father's footsteps. He is a bit of an odd sort however, favoring riddles and such, and often times may speak in riddles and questions, then normal conversation, making him slightly difficult to relate to. Still, he retains some of his mother's outgoing nature and helpfulness, and can often be seen outside, tending the gardens.

Name: Oracle

Personality: Oracle is a quiet, reflective person on ehr own, but she has an insatiable curiosity of the world around her, always asking questions and seeking knowledge. Now grown, she wishes to go into the world - visit other gods and learn about them - and what else she can about the world around them. She cares about ehr brother, and keeps after him to make sure he doesn't do anything which could hurt himself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:25 pm
Those Which Seek
Enigma's Followers

This section shall delineate the various levels one may attain within the Temple of Secrets, from lowest to highest, and who - if any - hold said positions.

Whisper

The Whisper is the lowest rank, the initiate into the realm of the Secrets. It is here they leartn dedication and devotion - requirements to seek the secrets beyond and within, and to keep them forever safe from the outside. Without these two building blocks it is impossible to moe on into the deeper realms of the Secrets, for one may be tempted strongly to give them up, and without - they would lose the battle, and fail in their tasks in keeping the Domain.

Candle

The Candle are those who have shown dedication and devotin, and passed into the next phase on the path of Enlightenment. Here they are to learn the meanings of focus and exploration - needed tasks in the search for enlightenment. Without focus one may lose the will to finally discover the answer, and lose their way, while exploration leads to the discovery of new knowledge.

Tome

The Tome is one who has mastered the art fo the secrets, and is the highest attainable rank for multiple people - the Tomes are those who are truly dedicated to the Secrets, able to divine them from the depths, and to keep them a secret to the grave. The Tomes are Enigma's most loyal, save for the Loremaster.

Loremaster

The Loremaster is Engima's greatest, having proven themselves above and beyond all, the most dedicated to the Secrets and undergone the most rigorous trials by Engima to prove themselves worthy of such a high place in his ranks. The Loremaster looks after the flock, and helps handle the temple and keep thigns in line, as well as continuing his own research into more mysteries.

Followers
None!

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:27 pm
Notices and News

There is nothign of note at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:29 pm
Temple Layout

The temple is made fo grey marble veined with blood red and black throughout the stone. Surrounding it are many lush gardens of Irises, Orchids, and ponds with Lotuses, with a slight maze design. A main path fo grey cobblestones leads to the main entrance.

Once inside, one will discover a grand hall, with more of the same marbled stone. Torches line the path, burning brightly from their places. A shadow falls at the head of the hall, where the dais rests, where no light penetrates save for the will fo Enigma to reveal himself should he truly be there. Often one may think he is there, catching hints of movement, but cannot be certain.

Doors lead of to the left and right, and two out the back should one be able to discern them at the sides of the Dias. The door on the left from the center of the temple leads to a Library - the right door leads to a prayer room. Those at the ehad of the hall by the Dias lead to the private chambers of Enigma and his family on the left, and also to the chambers of his followers, and the testing halls on the right. The door to the left has no means to open, no method in which to pry it open. Only by the will of Enigma, Secret , Triptych or Oeacle will it open to allow passage. The door on the right opens only to the faithful.

To wander the halls from the doors by the Dias are dangerous, as they can easily get you lost, so only those truly meant to be should be there, guided by the forces of the Secret.  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:30 pm
Offerings

Offerings may be left at the foot of the Dias.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:32 pm
Reserved

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Darkness. Shadows that coalesced and seemed almost to form a shape. A shape that bled with color, suddenly coagulating into a wholeness. The corner of Azazel's mouth quirked upwards slightly in a smirk. Trust the God of Secrets to have a maze leading to his temple. Oh, he had gotten through the maze, most assuredly, but the simple concept amused him. He stepped forward, gracefully scaling the obstacle, and walked along the cobblestone pathway up to the foot of the steps. A hallway, no. A great Hall.

A slightly different expression crossed his features. Respect, almost reverence. It quickly disappeared as he approached the dais. He knelt, bowed low, and placed a wreath of beautiful flowers before him. The scent of violets, roses, and jasmine filled the air, accompanied by a myriad of unnamed tangs. "My thanks, my lord, for the secret kept. And to your lady, I give a small token of this." Woven in between the flowers were ribbons in Secret's colors. Red, blue, grey, golden yellow, and green.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:11 pm
As though emerging form a dark mist, Engima appeared at the head of the dias, resting sitting up on a pillow. His ears twitched only a moemtn ebfore a slight smile crept onto his features.

"Quite welcome, demon," he said plesantly, if a little informally. "I will not have that which is held so sacred and close to the heart relveal in such a manner by one so... impudent and cocky. That is no way to search through my domain."

He shifted slightly, stretching his back. "How have you fared since? Well, I hope?"

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:42 pm

Azazel nearly chuckled, though he was flattered that Engima had taken it upon himself to appear personally before him. "Your solution was a good one, lord. And fortunately, that pesky vampire has not taken it into her head to come searching for me since."

Really, Secret and Enigma had been quite clever in their response. He couldn't take all the credit for himself. "I've been well enough. I'm something of a grandfather, you could say. My ward has taken it upon herself to be a mother." What an odd thought. Az had no children of his own... nor was he likely to father any anytime soon.

"And you, my lord?" What a thing to ask a God... but, ah well. Somethings need be said for politeness sake.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:58 pm
He flicked his tail about a moment in thought. "Good, good, I would hate to think Caine's children had no manners all the time. I tend to have a certain fondness for certain ones... but that may be because they touch upon my domain's reach."

A slight grin held his features, as he regarded the demon evenly, reflecting on the words and question presented to him more. "Ah, I am well. My family thrives and does as they will - my son persues riddles, and my daughter seeks knowledge. And my beloved is always about somewhere, either seeing to the temple or watching the mortals. After all, I can't always keep up with everyone if I am occupied in my own work." He laughed softly, closing his eyes half-way. "No, no... things have been well enough, if quiet. But then secrets always were." The grin widened slightly, bemused by his own words.

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Lord Vann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:09 pm
Asylyn steps into the temple, his mind enjoying the rewards of working through the maze leading to it. He glances at the his paws, then at the walls. The colors almost match his fur. Looking up to the altar he sees the two kats already there. He walks up slowly, taking in the splendor of the temple.

Asylyn muses in his head. He had decided to follow the maze to the temple for a fun little challenge. He didn't know what to do once inside. He pauses, twenty paces from the altar, debating whether to step forward into earshot of the two speaking, or to let them keep their secrets.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:04 pm

"Your children do well, it seems." Azazel smiled, and the expression seemed oddly suited to the demon, although not unpleasant. He examined the claws on his left paw, looking up from them towards Asylyn. Did the God intend to show himself to that faekat? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Who could know the workings of a deity's mind? Az did not profess to know the ways of Gods or their angeliques.

The smile thinned until it was a smirk, and he thought of his own 'child'. Did she thrive? She seemed... displeased. If that foolish boy harmed her, he would take his vengeance, and take it quickly. Assertively. It was one thing to have a new set of followers of his own, but quite another entirely to allow his possession to be treated poorly. She was his to guard, his to protect, and if the baddie so much as caused a tear to form in her eyes, there would be a reckoning. "My secret has remained silent, and I hope to keep it so."

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

◕ Roleplay: Deity Temples

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas