Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
Whats with all the hype?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Tsukiyomi.]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:55 pm
Okay soo... I like Final Fantasy VII, as do a lot of other people. But why do i keep hearing the words "Best final fantasy" revolving around it? I for one don't think so. I mean it is a good game like the rest, but i would prefer X or IX before it.

Can someone explain why VII is considered the best?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:49 pm
I think i posted this in the wrong forum....User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

[.Tsukiyomi.]

Return to Glory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:39 pm
Generally, it's because of the fanboy/girl-ism around Cloud, Vincent, Sephiroth and (sometimes) Reno. At least, in my experience anyway. I still prefer VI over all others.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 am
7 is a great game becouse it has a great story line,tons of extra's,Characters you get attached to (All of wich EVERY final fantasy has)

But FF7 was the first Big Budget game..ever really..i remember when it came out there were comercials everywhere...Sony and Square pimped the game out to no end..and it introduced most Americans to the series...if you dident know what final fantasy was...ff7 showed you.

I for one think Tactics is the best FF becouse it has more to do then any other ff ive ever played..and its storyline was impossible to predict becouse of all the twists..not to mention it is Genuanly Hard in certin parts.  

Enmakenryuu

Rikis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:43 pm
FF7 was popular because it was the first 3d ff and it was the first one most north americans bought.

I have to agree tactics was a great game and my favourite as well. Every time you play it it will be different. Your characters stats may start different or you might use different charactersand stats. Also I found once you thought you found and did everything you find something new I am still trying to find new things like how to get the caculator and mime job trades.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:21 pm
Three reasons really

1.) It was a system seller, this game alone sold 8 million copies, pretty much anyone who owned a PS1 owned this game.

2.) The first FF game to be featured in 3D, that was a big reason

3.) It was different than many RPG's, it had a rather easy gameplay, meaning anyone could pick it up. It's futurisitic setting was different too.

Personally VIII is my favorite, but FFVII is a great game in all respects.  

Nova Seraph

Kaize

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:11 pm
FF7 is obviously very popular, but why it is differs from person to person. Here's a brief summary of the reasons various people may like FF7:

-Fanboy/fangirlism. This is kinda sad... how a great game is flooded by fans who know nothing more about it than OMYGOHDSEFAROTHISTEHSECKS!!!1!2. These people are also the main cause of the game's anti-fanbase.

-Novelism. FF7, as some people have already said, was simply the first in a lot of things.

-Playability. It's a game easy enough for beginners, but complex enough for experts (The materia system was genius).

-Storyline/presentation. This is the game's true shine and all-too-often overshadowed by the raving fanmasses who don't even understand the game they love. The storyline is very complex, moreso that most people who've finished the whole game even grasp. This is because, unlike so many of today's games, FF7 did not tell you everything upfront and outright. There's so much of the story hidden beneath the surface, a story that was already complex and novel. This leads to speculation by fans, and that's what really keeps a game going after it gets old. 10 years later, it's still going strong. Finally, the way the story was presented was A+ work. Highly epic and yet held a very real feeling. Music, visuals, everything worked together perfectly. In-battle events and special unique abilities by enemies are a great touch. Extremely rare is it for a game to connect so well with players on such personal and emotion levels. People cried when Aerith dies, some still do. To this day there are people who refuse to believe there's no way to bring her back, or that she was never meant to come back.

Incredible depth, memorable characters, places, events and diologue, innovation, and immersion are why the game is really so great.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Kaize
FF7 is obviously very popular, but why it is differs from person to person. Here's a brief summary of the reasons various people may like FF7:

-Fanboy/fangirlism. This is kinda sad... how a great game is flooded by fans who know nothing more about it than OMYGOHDSEFAROTHISTEHSECKS!!!1!2. These people are also the main cause of the game's anti-fanbase.

-Novelism. FF7, as some people have already said, was simply the first in a lot of things.

-Playability. It's a game easy enough for beginners, but complex enough for experts (The materia system was genius).

-Storyline/presentation. This is the game's true shine and all-too-often overshadowed by the raving fanmasses who don't even understand the game they love. The storyline is very complex, moreso that most people who've finished the whole game even grasp. This is because, unlike so many of today's games, FF7 did not tell you everything upfront and outright. There's so much of the story hidden beneath the surface, a story that was already complex and novel. This leads to speculation by fans, and that's what really keeps a game going after it gets old. 10 years later, it's still going strong. Finally, the way the story was presented was A+ work. Highly epic and yet held a very real feeling. Music, visuals, everything worked together perfectly. In-battle events and special unique abilities by enemies are a great touch. Extremely rare is it for a game to connect so well with players on such personal and emotion levels. People cried when Aerith dies, some still do. To this day there are people who refuse to believe there's no way to bring her back, or that she was never meant to come back.

Incredible depth, memorable characters, places, events and diologue, innovation, and immersion are why the game is really so great.

Yup, and I'd be very interested to know what the percentages are for who-likes-it-why.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Ace_Is_Fair

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:44 pm
wait why ten over seven, i mean i enjoyed ten but all it had was a depressed boy and girl that fall in love but one of them turns out to be a dream  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:08 am
I'll say what I said in another thread like this.

1) It was the first FF on PS
2) The graphics were the beginning of a new generation of FF games
3) The Sci-Fi theme
4) Character kickassery  

Kapwned

Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items