A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:52 pm
[insert ironic comment about ending all nudity on Gaia to protect the children]

I see the issue as the older folks and parents that are active on Gaia trying to disinfect absolutely everywhere a child might wander into because they don't want to have to explain things or talk to kids about why certain things happen. They want places to be safe so that really they don't have to pay attention or care about what their kids do which in a sense is really kind of sad. Parenting on auto-pilot never really worked out that well. Sitting your kid down in front of an electronic device and expecting them to somehow learn the skills they will need to have as an adult and that no problems will ever come from that is just stupid.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:43 pm
Autopilot engage

The way I grew up, I was allowed to watch rated R movies at a very young age. I grew up on Nightmare on Elm Street movies and Tales From the Crypt. Me and my siblings have come to refer to The Crypt Keeper as "Uncle Crypty". I don't know how that started, but it's been that way for a long a** time. And people tend to think that's such a horrible way to raise kids, but honestly, I always thought it was awesome that my parents actually took the time and taught me that movies and TV shows aren't real. They felt as long as I knew it wasn't real and that what happens in them isn't to be emulated in real life, there wasn't anything wrong with me watching it. And that was true. My mum did sometimes think twice about things that had sexual situations in them, but they honestly went right over my head when I was younger and was again registered as something to not be emulated. Even when I was getting into puberty and understood what was going on a bit more, I still knew that sex made babies and I wasn't ready for that s**t.

It's still a popular scapegoat for people to blame the behavior of today's youth on the media, but the media isn't the problem. It's parents expecting the media to do their job for them and teach their kids the things they should be teaching them personally.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:41 pm
So... interesting trend that didn't occur to me would happen: big cash spenders actually don't want gold generators. Not because of how it ruins the gaia economy, but rather because the gold means nothing to them. They want new and rare items. Even if they can just as well use all that gold they got to buy one off someone in the market, they want their cash going toward buying them an item instead of having that extra step of finding a seller.

Which just makes me further wonder why they keep pumping out gold generators since they're bad all around...

Actually, I don't wonder at all. So long as people keep buying them, they're going to keep making them. New people and the Gaian poor or more tempted by it because it's a lot easier than trying to earn gold through games and whatnot. But so long as they keep making it easy for people to get large amounts of gold with minimal effort, inflation is never going to go down, even with the gold sinks they've put in place. It's not exiting the system nearly as fast as it's entering.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:44 am
Annoys the hell out of me when sellers auction off items and set the bid increment to one and there's people outbidding you by 1 constantly. If you don't want the item badly enough to pay that much more for it, then ******** off stressed

Also annoys me in EQ when people do that with bidding for loot after raids stare I have purposefully dropped a large bid for an item I didn't even want that badly just to get those assholes out of the running.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Niamassa

Mythical Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:22 pm
You wanna know what pisses me off? And I'm not sure if it's already been said in the pages upon pages of stuff cause I don't have the damn time to read everyone's bitching even though I'm totally doing the same thing, course I won't have to read pages upon pages of bitching if I could remember I'm a part of guilds more often.......wait, who was I bitching at?..........um..........ah screw it, the marketplace sucks and there's too many gaia cash stuff going on.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 pm
I'd say excuse my language but this is the complaint dept right? I can use my randy adult words every once in a while. *grumble grumble mutter mutter* parents these days, tryin to neuter their children at every turn. Yeah I said a "baaaad word" so what? They here worse at their public school on a daily basis, stop pretending like no one in the world is vulgar or uses foul language.

-End Rant-  

Niamassa

Mythical Lunatic

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm
I had to rant about this somewhere, so here it is:

I've been visiting the writers forum here on Gaia for the past few months to see if reading about other people's methods and problems and what-have-you in writing would help get me motivated to write again. Through my visits there, I became aware of wattpad which I had previously never heard of, but multiple people from the writers forum recommended it to other writers and the posting a chapter at a time style that it encourages seemed kind of up my alley. Even so, I put off making an account there because I wasn't sure if I would actually use it.

I finally decided to just make one for the sake of setting up and taking a look around at the very least and worry about posting anything to it later down the line, but unfortunately my username was taken. No big deal... it sucks, but that's not the first time I've come across it and probably won't be the last, so I make a work-around name {TheseEmptySouls}. However, out of the curiosity that always hits when I find my username was taken already, I look up who got it before me. Turns out the original ThisEmptySoul of wattpad joined LAST MONTH, meaning, if it had just made the account in the first place when I heard of it instead of dicking around, I WOULD HAVE HAD MY USERNAME! classified_fu

*flips a table* scream

Edit: Potentially further enraging, the ThisEmptySoul of wattpad apparently goes by Desi.... and there's someone with a username that starts with Desi that's a regular in the writers forum. Probably coincidence I'm sure, but just the thought that it could potentially be the same person that literally ripped the name from me is a little rage inducing. But hopefully it's just coincidence.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:16 am
Kairanha
i heart your sig art!  

Melena Rai

Magical Phantom

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 am
Melena Rai
Kairanha
i heart your sig art!

Oh thanks. That's part of a larger nude piece I painted earlier this year. emotion_kirakira

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:35 am
Kairanha
Melena Rai
Kairanha
i heart your sig art!

Oh thanks. That's part of a larger nude piece I painted earlier this year. emotion_kirakira

User Image
lol the censoring is good

it is awesome anyway! i love the look of the face!  

Melena Rai

Magical Phantom

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 pm
I really need more places to rant....

So, as a part of setting up a wattpad account, they make you choose three books to add to your library for some reason. I click on a few that may or may not be interesting.... they don't really give you enough of a description from that screen to say one way or the other. I figure I will just delete them later when it allows me.

I instead decided to give them a read to get my bearings. I'm fully aware that I'm not the best writer in the world and there are still ways I can improve, so I figure reading some of what is already on the site will at least help expose me to different styles of writing outside my own and maybe find ways to improve. However, the first "book" I decide to read turns out to be a collection of two sentence horror stories, which aren't very good. I still made it about halfway through before tossing it to see if there might be at least one good one in there, but the only good ones they had were ones found elsewhere on the internet that they stole. So already setting the bar pretty low for my expectations of the site after that, but again, me not being a professional myself, it might still be somewhere to start.

I started in on another one a few minutes ago. The first page already has a warning that the writing is "raw and unedited", meaning they haven't proofread. That's fine, I think to myself.... I posted a lot of lengthy things with minimal proofreading here in GGG. I can deal with that and I understand a full proofread and edit can be time consuming. However, throughout the entire prologue, I wanted nothing more than to take it apart and redo it. I'm half tempted to do just that as writing practice really. It was more painful to read than I anticipated, and this particular story has almost 6 million reads and the author 33k followers. Maybe these numbers are low in the grand scheme of things, but it still surprises me given the quality. Worse still, the author's bio says they write a lot of it on their phone. I guess I can admire the dedication it takes to write as much as they have on just a phone....

But I suppose a more positive take-away from this is that I do actually find it a little encouraging that something that unrefined can still be enjoyed, or at least seen, by a large audience. Maybe not best seller large, but being able to share my stories with more than just myself and maybe one or two other people would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:54 pm
Mother Truckers... trying to buy the item, and some jackhat comes in to outbid me, while he's selling same item ~ freak me  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
FtWaBoMiNaTiOn generated a random number between 6 and 25 ... 21!

FtWaBoMiNaTiOn

Quotable Sophomore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:57 am
dramallama dramallama dramallama Pfffft I would like to submit a formal complaint about all these COOOOOOMPLAINTS frick off and etc..... also all your favorite things are doodads that back in my day, "insert old geezer complaints here" then you had to walk 15 miles no shoe's in the snow and other old ppl stuff , "complaining complete." dramallama  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 am
ThisEmptySoul
I really need more places to rant....

So, as a part of setting up a wattpad account, they make you choose three books to add to your library for some reason. I click on a few that may or may not be interesting.... they don't really give you enough of a description from that screen to say one way or the other. I figure I will just delete them later when it allows me.

I instead decided to give them a read to get my bearings. I'm fully aware that I'm not the best writer in the world and there are still ways I can improve, so I figure reading some of what is already on the site will at least help expose me to different styles of writing outside my own and maybe find ways to improve. However, the first "book" I decide to read turns out to be a collection of two sentence horror stories, which aren't very good. I still made it about halfway through before tossing it to see if there might be at least one good one in there, but the only good ones they had were ones found elsewhere on the internet that they stole. So already setting the bar pretty low for my expectations of the site after that, but again, me not being a professional myself, it might still be somewhere to start.

I started in on another one a few minutes ago. The first page already has a warning that the writing is "raw and unedited", meaning they haven't proofread. That's fine, I think to myself.... I posted a lot of lengthy things with minimal proofreading here in GGG. I can deal with that and I understand a full proofread and edit can be time consuming. However, throughout the entire prologue, I wanted nothing more than to take it apart and redo it. I'm half tempted to do just that as writing practice really. It was more painful to read than I anticipated, and this particular story has almost 6 million reads and the author 33k followers. Maybe these numbers are low in the grand scheme of things, but it still surprises me given the quality. Worse still, the author's bio says they write a lot of it on their phone. I guess I can admire the dedication it takes to write as much as they have on just a phone....

But I suppose a more positive take-away from this is that I do actually find it a little encouraging that something that unrefined can still be enjoyed, or at least seen, by a large audience. Maybe not best seller large, but being able to share my stories with more than just myself and maybe one or two other people would be nice.

This is my complaing because I ASSume that there's a type o somewhere in your comment if there isn't complain about it lol then frick offffff  

FtWaBoMiNaTiOn

Quotable Sophomore

grapeseed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:45 am
Yay! I love complaining! Best thread ever. stressed

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items