10%  [ 2 ]
Nina Blackwood
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Copper Forrest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:38 pm
Umberella
I remember that! And that he was the first black artist allowed on MTV and only at certain hours of the day.

I remember entering a contest where you could win Paul McCartney's car from "Give My Regards To Broad Street".

And that town that they painted pink that they gave away?

And the Madonna "Make My Video" contest where you got to make a video for True Blue. Then they showed a whole day or awful videos that everyone made.

Although old MTV was the best, I still want someone to Pimp My Ride. Having a car would help this considerably.

wow, you have a seriously good memory. seriously.

I'd forgotten about the whole certain hours for michael only, and frankly, i don't remember any of the rest of what you said! Tho i got to see mtv for only a short time back then: my parents installed it 3 months before i moved on my own and i could not afford cable. Remember rabbit ears and dial channel changers? ha! When the whole MJ thing came along, I knew of it only from the news.

Fun stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:22 pm
I remember them giving away the town, but I didn't remember that it was painted pink. That's weird.  

Harbone
Crew

godhi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:51 am
Hey, anyone remember the giant mosquito from the "Fight Fire with Fire" video by Kansas?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:01 pm
Brrrr. Giant mosquito? I... I remember the dying goldfish from another video, but not the mosquito... I have chills.  

Harbone
Crew

godhi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 am
The "giant mosquito" was a rather disturbing prop from the early MTV video, Fight Fire with Fire by Kansas. The video was a fever dream by the lead singer, and in one sequence the singer was attacked by a five-foot-long mutant mosquito; much to my amusement, this bizarre prop spent the next few years on top of a filing cabinet behind the MTV VJ's.
Of course, even more disturbing was the time Pauly Shore punched a monster from Knott's Berry Farm's Halloween Haunt on live television...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:15 pm
Copper Forrest

wow, you have a seriously good memory. seriously.

I'd forgotten about the whole certain hours for michael only, and frankly, i don't remember any of the rest of what you said! Tho i got to see mtv for only a short time back then: my parents installed it 3 months before i moved on my own and i could not afford cable. Remember rabbit ears and dial channel changers? ha! When the whole MJ thing came along, I knew of it only from the news.

Fun stuff.

Rabbit ears ~ wrapped in tin foil supposedly to help the reception. When my oldest was still a baby I had the rabbit ears thing going on... got PBS and the FOX channel... COPS and StarTrek ~ lol... I can still hear the theme song... Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they come for you! rofl  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash