Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
What's with everyone Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

another way?
hell no! KOTR is the only way!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
only 2 ways. KOTR and omnislash
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
there is tons of ways but i wont tell u!
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
there is more ways and here is one of dem
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
never played FFVII so don't know
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Prince Silverhand

Lonely Gatekeeper

13,625 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:34 pm
everyone says 'you !must! have the KOTR summon to beat sephiroth blah blah blah" but thats wrong i saw some1 do it with out using omnislash

but....

is there another way?

that is the question. hmmmm  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:42 pm
If you want a fun way to do it, have one character have a mastered Ultima materia paired to a mastered Quadra-Magic materia, anopther character have a mastered Phoenix materia paired to a mastered Last Act materia, and have all three with a mastered Mime materia paired to a mastered HP Absorb materia. Cast your quad-Ultima, and then every time you mime it, your characters will be healed for that much health, and if you do die, Phoenix will bring you back.

Unless of course you're talking about one of the cinematic ending-battles, in which case you can't change what happens.  

Return to Glory

Klous d-Arc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:58 pm
Or just have a masterd 2x cut on everyone and just use that mrgreen

It really isn't that hard. You could also just keep using Magic.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:33 pm
You don't even need summons to defeat Sephiroth. I got by on just hitting him with limit breaks and occasionally choco-mog. Th eppl iu had in MY part were Tifa cloud and Yuffie. ((Yuffie rocks))  

omfghaxd

silversquall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:22 am
Darkblade264
everyone says 'you !must! have the KOTR summon to beat sephiroth blah blah blah" but thats wrong i saw some1 do it with out using omnislash

but....

is there another way?

Don't listen to those people, lol.

Sephiroth isn't that hard. Just focus, use megalixers, and don't use Vincent's limit break (or even better, don't use him at all)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:38 pm
silversquall
Darkblade264

but....

is there another way?

Don't listen to those people, lol.

Sephiroth isn't that hard. Just focus, use megalixers, and don't use Vincent's limit break (or even better, don't use him at all)

Try telling that to everyone else rofl

Good luck.  

Klous d-Arc

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:59 am
I've killed Seph in so many different ways I can't count... one time I actually killed him only the deathblow attack.... not even healing spells.... just the deathblow attack. one time I morphed both his forms... though he didn't turn into anything... so disappointing. There are many ways... just keep hitting him and he'll die  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:31 pm
Actually, I beat the last group fight against Sephiroth with the Counter materia. *laughs* It was an endless cycle of counters, and Sephi didn't have the hp to stand up to my powered-up Tifa.  

Dark_Sword99

Sarcastic Vampire

-Zidane__Tribal-

Distinct Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:28 pm
[~]"What I have shown you is reality..
Or you be like me and morph enough sources to max out Cloud stats amd shrug off every attack Sephiroth throws at you like a tickle me elmo doll..
This ment that I had no materia at all equipped to Cloud.. You could add Luck + I suppose or materia which would up his stats but i'm sure it wouldn't work very well..

It's kind of funny when Sephiroth's Super Nova attack only does a max 2400 or so dammage..
But yeah.. there are many ways to beat him.. just find a way that suits you and go for it..
What you remember... that is the illusion."[~]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:22 am
I've defeated Sephiroth

and I didn't even have the Knights of the Round Table summon sweatdrop I only used the three bahamut ones. And I think the Phoenix one, not sure.

And regular attacks and magic of course! xd especially the Ultima one 3nodding

But Knights of the Round Table isn't necesary. You can defeat him in any way possible. It might make it easier (don't know, haven't bothered to get it), but it's possible without.  

Electromagnetic Spectrum

Toan Embers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:58 am
It took me a very long time, but I beat sephiroth without KOTR or omnislash. Haste, Protect, Shell, Heals of all kind, and lots of time.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:09 pm
This is what I wrote for someone who was having trouble. I didn't have Knights of the Round or Omnislash. I thought it was pretty fun, and most of my characters were at or slightly above level 70. Believe it or not, when I first did it, I just thought of it at the spur of the moment, too. Sorry for the length of it.

This is what I did when I first beat Final Fantasy VII. It's almost simple, somewhat fun, and as long as your careful which you should be anyway when you go up against Sephiroth, you should do just fine.

First Party Member: Cloud (front row)
Give Cloud his ultimate weapon and give him every HP Plus materia you have, on both his armor and his weapon. At max, he'll have 9,999 HP, but since he's only at level 70, he'll probably have less than that (either way, its a lot). Cloud will be your main attacker. Also equip him with Elemental-Contain. Sephiroth likes to cast Break, every so often, so whenever he uses it on Cloud it will automatically heal him, and you will almost never have to worry about healing him, not to mention that it will give you an alternative to physical attacks and limit breaks if you get bored.

Second Party Member: Anyone that is good with magic (second row)
Your next person should be someone who's really good with magic i.e. Red XIII, let him be the main magic user (not including summons). He can have most of your offensive, defensive and healing magic. He will be the most overworked, and you will have to be extra careful not to accidentally pick the wrong spell or something, since Safer Sephiroth is super quick.

Third Party Member: Vincent (third row)
Finally, pick Vincent as your last character. He wields guns, so regardless of what row he is placed in he will do the same amount of damage. Give him all the summon materia. This will decrease his HP considerably. This means that you will have to watch his amount of HP especially and may need to revive him several times. Since that may happen, its smartest to have him transform into Chaos as soon as possible, and whenever he dies, he can just keep using summons again until he gets a limit break (not that you shouldn't heal him when he is in Chaos form).

Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps you.

One more thing: With this strategy, Jenova will be a breeze, and Bizarro Sephiorth won't take very long or be very much of a challenge.  

Sephistrife16

Azul y Mar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:34 am
First Time I played FFVII I never got KOTRT Because I never understood how I had to breed chocobos. So I used this way. I made sure to have everyones ultimate weapon and I was around level 70. I made sure to have the following equppied to everyone

Max Hp + 50
Allx5 + Restore X5
Counterattack
(with cloud only)Final Strikex5 + Pheonixx5(that way you die you come right back up)
Max Mp + 50%
At least 10 hero drinks (raises your stats like wow)
Summons (any will do)

Than attack and heal when needed. Make sure to keep clouds Mp high if you die and don't have any MP your done for.

Omnilash is simple to get 32,000 battlepoints isn't so bad. If you have trouble getting Gp there a guy who'll give you 100gp for 10,000gil have trouble getting gil max out an All materia and sell it for 1,4000,000gil. Ther good news another all materia is more MORE MONEY!. But I bet you already knew that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:22 pm
I never managed to beat the game on my file, but I did it on my friend's. I had no trouble beating Sephiroth without KOTH or Omnislash.

As it wasn't my file (and it was a while ago) I don't exactly remember how I did it, but I know I had ultimate weapons, three 80+ characters (Tifa, Yuffie and ???) and high level green materia, plus Bahamut (ZERO or NEO, whichever is stronger).  

ArikaiHart

Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces