Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
My new pc. ^o^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:42 pm
I just built a new pc. Hey, its cheaper than therapy. I admit when I am particularilly depressed and notice I have copious amounts of money floating in the bank I do tend to go on spending sprees. >_>

Here are the stats, cause I am nerdy and must tell you all:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 currently at 2.13 (I am probably going to overclock soon)
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1900XT (Woot! this card is awesome.)
Motherboard: Asus PW5 DH
Harddrives: 4 320 gig harddrives in a Raid 5 and Raid 0 array.
860 gigs on the Raid 5m 46 gigs on the Raid 0. For all of you who don't know, this offically makes me a nerd. Raid 5 is for parity. If one drive dies then I can just replace it and all my data is still there. Raid 0 is really freaking fast, but if one drive dies I loose all data in permanently. The Raid 0 is for my OS and games. Stuff that can easilly be replaced. The Raid 5 is for multimedia mostly.
Cooling: Swifttech H120 Water cooling kit. In the pictures below you will see the tubes. Its not actually water mind you, its a non conductive non corrosive liquid homogenious solution.
Case: Aspire X-Navigator. (What everything goes in)
Power supply: Antec True Blue 480 Watt.

And of course, my old computer is still alive and kicking in a separate case. Its still a fine computer so I will be getting a lot of use out of both of them. I spent about two whole days setting both my old pc up in its new home and my new pc. It was a lot of work, but I am really glad with the results. Everything worked perfectly and now I have two happy computers and two happy laptops in my room. I am going to see if I can make them mate and product baby computers. That would be hot.

So heres pics!

**EDIT** I decided to remove the embedding of the pictures and just give you all links to them instead. So click the links below to look at the pics!

http://www.animemegastore.org/pc/1.jpg
http://www.animemegastore.org/pc/2.jpg
http://www.animemegastore.org/pc/3.jpg  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:34 pm
Wow! surprised Cool...  

Adorable Chomper

Fashionable Prophet

8,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dang it its Emme

Ruthless Borg

9,350 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:22 pm
LOl i really don't understand how to put technoly together so that amazing looks fun. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:37 pm
That looks like it would have cost a pretty penny. How much did you end up spending?

I also like how you explained that the case is "What everything goes in". lol  

Fires Fuel

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:34 pm
Man, I'm always up for the belief that it doesn't takes too much nerd skills to build such an awesome computer. All it takes is a big ******** of money. Which is something I don't have. emo

I'm limited to a 256 MB Dell computer from 2002, and I think I'll have to wait until my birthday to spend money on a little bit of memory for my computer. For political reasons, I can't spend my money right now, because my dads just spent a ******** of cash in an operation and they might think I'm just wasting it. confused  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games