Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* FIREFLY;/// psst, interested? ACCEPTING NOW O;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the wheel never stops turning;
  that only matters to the people on the rim.
View Results

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:37 am
If you want to join, make a decent sized post, using the character you want to use, if its cannon, if its not cannon, include a profile along with it. Use the code below so they stand out from the OOC chatter. ;D

[b][size=24]ENTRANT;[/b]
[size=9]
[/size]

FIREFLY;// Looks like its gunna' be rocky. -It always is.

Captain Reynold's turns to the young girl, who was sitting in the secondary pilot chair of the cockpit. Currently she was pulling the ship out of atmo, Reynold's arms were crossed across his chest as he watched her, "It ain't all buttons and charts, now," glancing at her as he took the controls, plastic dinosaurs littering the control panel infront of him, "You know, whats the first rule of flying? Well I guess you do, since you already know what Im going to say."

River pulled her feet onto the chair, wrapping her arms around them. She set her chin on her knees, turning to face him, "I do, but I like to hear you say it."

"Love," he said, turning to look at her.

"You can learn all the math in the verse, but take a boat in the air that you don't love and she'll shake you out just as sure as a turn in the world. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting before she keens, makes her a home."

The younger woman looked up out of wide windows in front of them, "Storms getting worse."

"We'll pass through it soon enough."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:18 am

Index;
I. Intro
II. Rules
III. Updates
IV. What do I need to know?
V. Profiles
VI. How to join
VII.

Rules;

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:20 am

Updates;
09.01; setting up

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:35 am
What you need to know;

Earth-That-Was could no longer sustain our numbers, we were so many. We found a new solar system: Dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. Each one terraformed, a process taking decades, to support human life. To be new Earths. The central planets formed the Alliance. Ruled by an interplanetary parliment, the Alliance was a so-called beacon of civilization. When the savage outer planets, who were not so enlightened, refused Alliance control, a devestating war erupted, the War for Unification. The Alliance was victorious, their rule, ensuring a safer universe. Or so they said.

The roleplay is set in the future, the two main influences in the central planets are Chinese and American culture. The outter rim planets have a more dirty western feel. While there are superior technologies, weapon technology has changed very little. Our story is set after the war between the Alliance and the Brown Coats, on the Firefly class ship, Serenity. The crew takes jobs here and there, wherever they can be found, not always legal ones either.

(No aliens either. -gasp-)
Anything I've omitted to explain can be found here.
A map of the solar system can be found here. (Black planets failed to be teraformed.)

Profiles;

Captain Mal Reynolds
played by:
A volunteer for the Independents side of the war of Unification, he ended up leading forty thousand men at the battle of Serenity Valley. Now, with the war over, he seeks to keep himself as far from the long arm of the Alliance as he can, captaining his ship, Serenity. He keeps his head down, keeps the jobs comin in and keeps his ship flying.
His good sense of humor carries him through the bad patches but his sense of honor makes him a misfit in the bad crowd. His affection for Inara, which he keeps to himself, for whatever reasons, the only explaination he's ever given was, "You fog things up, you always have."

Zoe Alleyne
played by:
Zoe served under Captain Mal Reynolds during the war, and followed him through the battle of Serenity Valley. She was one of two to follow him out alive, and since then she's continued to follow him. She serves as the second in command of their ship, Serenity. A hardened soldier, she says little that doesn't require saying. While her manner may be tough, she has a big heart, but that doesn't stop her from doing what she must.
The only time she's ever disobeyed an order from her Captain, was when she married Wash.

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne
played by:
The pilot of the ship Serenity, Wash has an overactive sense of humor, never failing to remark on something that amuses him. He's even the one who decorated the cockpit in platic dinosaurs, which he plays with when sitting on the bridge becomes monotanous. When the crew was almost arrested during a job, he remarked, "That's right, of course. Because they wouldn't arrest me if we got boarded. I'm just the pilot. I could always say I was flying the ship by accident."
Wash exceeded his wildest dreams when he hooked and married Zoe.

Inara
played by:
A highly regarded, registered Companion, Inara left her home planet Sihnon and a position as High-Priestess of the Guild, to live among the rim planets. She has rented one of the shuttles on the ship Serenity, bringing their exploits a little respectablility. She keeps out of the crew's dealings and has made it clear she will never count the crew in her clientelle.
She won't admit it, but she has feelings for Mal, something that goes completely against her Companion training; perhaps partly why she's never done anything about it. She might just be waiting for him to make the first step.

Janye Cobb
played by:

Kaylee
played by:

River Tamm
played by:

Doctor Simon Tamm
played by:

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 am
I found this thread, I'd set it up a long time ago but forgotten about it. All I want to know right now is if there is GENIUNE interest for this roleplay. Post here if your interested. I'd -really- love to do this if theres interest.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:27 am
so uh, how do we join?....I'm interested in the Captain Mal guy...  

Marc-Ethence

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:29 am
If I have the time, I may want to try out for Wash. I was just confused, because I thought your opening happened after he died. So, I'm not sure if that means you're tweaking the time-line or if I'm just mis-remembering things here..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:03 am
im going to be very particular about casting mal, if youd like to try out for the position send me a roleplaying sample, using mal.

@maze; yeah, this is BEFORE the movie, and before inara leaves the ship XD <33;  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Evelia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:08 pm
I'MREALLYINTERESTEDPLEASEPLEASEPLEASERUNIT
I WILL TOTALLY BE ANY CHARACTER
(umm...if I had to pick one I guess Kaylee's my first choice)
BUT I WILL DEFINITELY TAKE ANY CHARACTER
...yeah, that's about it  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:59 pm
Lady Evelia
...yeah, that's about it

if you really want it ill definently run it <333;
and you can have kaylee, nobody else is spekain up.  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Evelia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:48 pm
ieatwood
Lady Evelia
...yeah, that's about it

if you really want it ill definently run it <333;
and you can have kaylee, nobody else is spekain up.

haha, YAAAAAAY! biggrin biggrin awesome!!!
and double YAAAAAAAAAY!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:05 am
OOOOOOOooooooh.

I would love to try playing River if this thing gets started up.

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

RP Retreat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces