Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FFVII Final Bosses Fight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:36 am
After this long summer I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to actually beat FFVII so I could watch Advent children and play Dirge of Cerberus. I have made it all the way to the northeren cave on disc III and I am curious what recommended level would my characters have to be at? Right now they range from level 64-70, almost each character is either close to or at the smae level as the other. Cloud is at level 70 while everyone else is floating around 68, 66ish.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:15 am
[~]"I refuse your Reality..
Ultimate Weapon for Cloud is prefered, but heres a basic set up.

Cloud:
Weapon: Ultimate Weapon
Armor: Mystle
Accessory: Ribbon

Materia Set up:
Knights of the round linked with Mp Absorb, Final Attack linked with Phoenix, mime

Thats the basic, and I mean BASIC set up for beating Sephiroth. pretty much battle starts and you summon KoTR and sit there miming it until he dies,

Alternatively you can use the W-item glitch to get 99 Megalixers and have someone use them each round while your other two chracters hammer him with magic or 4x cut

For this set up you need:

Cloud: 4x Cut and any other materia you want

Character 2: Commet linked with Quadra Magic, W-Magic and other powerful spells

Character 3: W-item, Mime, Phoenix linked with Final Attack. and what ever other materia you want.
This set up gives you a more stable batle plan for facing Sephiroth in my opinion.

Basic plan if using this set up:

• Cloud uses 4x cut every turn or what ever is appropriate at the time
  • Character 2 uses Commet 2 with W-Magic
  • Character 3 either uses a Megalixer and some other useful item or Mime's Character 2

Rinse and Repeat to enjoy the ending.

Hope this helps somewhat..
And substitute my own..."[~]

-Zidane__Tribal-

Distinct Gaian

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:43 am
anywhere near or above level 70 should be perfectly fine. i'm normally level 99 when i beat it, just for kicks.

if you have any mastered materia and all of their final weapons, it should be a cakewalk. make sure you have plenty of healing items and maybe someting to cause Fury on yourself so you get limit breaks faster.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:13 pm
I beat Sephy too fast. I'm too lazy to check my level right now.

My strategy:

Knights of the Round + Quadra Magic + *Mime(on diff character)*
He died on my 1st turn w/o even attacking me. Disappointing.  

hifiaudiocafe

-Zidane__Tribal-

Distinct Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:47 pm
Midnight_Punisher

My strategy:

Aisde from the fact that Quadra Magic linked with Knights of the Round doesn't work..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:30 pm
-Zidane__Tribal-
Midnight_Punisher

My strategy:

Aisde from the fact that Quadra Magic linked with Knights of the Round doesn't work..

don't forget the fact that Sephiroth has multiple forms and cannot be killed in one round no matter what.  

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:53 am
@_@ ooh...brain dizzy...too much words... Sorry to have to ask, but what is quadra magic? and which materia cave was knights of the round table in? and thelast question, where can I find mimic materia? Sorry for the questions!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:16 pm
~paper_clip_of_aluminum~
@_@ ooh...brain dizzy...too much words... Sorry to have to ask, but what is quadra magic? and which materia cave was knights of the round table in? and thelast question, where can I find mimic materia? Sorry for the questions!

Quadra Magic is a materia you find in one of the caves (via Chocobo) linked in a materia slot (like this---> O=O) it allows for you to cast that spell 4 times in a row, for the cost of 1 of that spell... only works on magic, not summons however, so I recommend ultima myself.

KOTR are in the cave on "Round Island" (oh irony, kill me now) and requires you to have a Gold Chocobo to gain access (The highwind cannot land, as it is covered in forest.)

Mimic is another cave dwelling materia, also requiring a chocobo to get.

For more info on Chocobo Breeding and Cave Locations, I recommend finding an online walkthrough, I believe ones have been made specifically for that purpose.  

_-0--Hikari--0-_
Vice Captain

Friendly Genius

4,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

-Zidane__Tribal-

Distinct Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:58 pm
Hikari89
~paper_clip_of_aluminum~

Quadra Magic is a materia you find in one of the caves (via Chocobo) linked in a materia slot (like this---> O=O) it allows for you to cast that spell 4 times in a row, for the cost of 1 of that spell... only works on magic, not summons however, so I recommend ultima myself.

KOTR are in the cave on "Round Island" (oh irony, kill me now) and requires you to have a Gold Chocobo to gain access (The highwind cannot land, as it is covered in forest.)

Mimic is another cave dwelling materia, also requiring a chocobo to get.

For more info on Chocobo Breeding and Cave Locations, I recommend finding an online walkthrough, I believe ones have been made specifically for that purpose.
Mostly correct here but i'll fill in the gaps ^^
I suggest breading a Gold Chocobo and then heading off to get these powerful materias..

I will now further explain the locations of the caves.

Quadra Magic: You want to go to the Island of Mideal and land close by. there should be a small cliff which the highwind can land ontop but not on the dust below ride your chocobo down the cliff and over to the cave near by inside the cave is the Qudra Magic materia.

The Quadra Magic materia will allow you to cast a magic spell or summon four times in a row. excluding Knights Of the Round Table.

Mimic ((Mime)) : can be found on the Island of Wuiti, just ride your chocobo over the cliffs near the bridges and you'll eventually find the cave.
Inside is the Mime matera

Knights Of The Round: Get your gold chocobo in the water and head for the bottom left hand corner of the screen, you will find a round island with a cave on it. dissmount the Chocobo, enter the cave to obtain the strongest summon in the game..

Enjoy! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:12 pm
~paper_clip_of_aluminum~
After this long summer I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to actually beat FFVII so I could watch Advent children and play Dirge of Cerberus. I have made it all the way to the northeren cave on disc III and I am curious what recommended level would my characters have to be at? Right now they range from level 64-70, almost each character is either close to or at the smae level as the other. Cloud is at level 70 while everyone else is floating around 68, 66ish.
I have beat them at level 52 without any of the CHOCOBO REQUIRED MATERIA or OMNISLASH. it was one hell of a challenge and if you arent really good at thinking on your feat in battles i don't suggest it at all..pretty hard and can take up to an hour to kill Safer Sephiroth..but hey, challenges are always nice  

Cerberus Gunner

Sephistrife16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:58 pm
This is what I did when I first beat Final Fantasy VII. It's almost simple, somewhat fun, and as long as your careful which you should be anyway when you go up against Sephiroth, you should do just fine.

First Party Member: Cloud (front row)
Give Cloud his ultimate weapon and give him every HP Plus materia you have, on both his armor and his weapon. At max, he'll have 9,999 HP, but since he's only at level 70, he'll probably have less than that (either way, its a lot). Cloud will be your main attacker. Also equip him with Elemental-Contain. Sephiroth likes to cast Break, every so often, so whenever he uses it on Cloud it will automatically heal him, and you will almost never have to worry about healing him, not to mention that it will give you an alternative to physical attacks and limit breaks if you get bored.

Second Party Member: Anyone that is good with magic (second row)
Your next person should be someone who's really good with magic i.e. Red XIII, let him be the main magic user (not including summons). He can have most of your offensive, defensive and healing magic. He will be the most overworked, and you will have to be extra careful not to accidentally pick the wrong spell or something, since Safer Sephiroth is super quick.

Third Party Member: Vincent (third row)
Finally, pick Vincent as your last character. He wields guns, so regardless of what row he is placed in he will do the same amount of damage. Give him all the summon materia. This will decrease his HP considerably. This means that you will have to watch his amount of HP especially and may need to revive him several times. Since that may happen, its smartest to have him transform into Chaos as soon as possible, and whenever he dies, he can just keep using summons again until he gets a limit break (not that you shouldn't heal him when he is in Chaos form).

Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps you.

One more thing: With this strategy, Jenova will be a breeze, and Bizarro Sephiorth won't take very long or be very much of a challenge.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 am
Hikari89
~paper_clip_of_aluminum~

About quadra magic only working on magic, I put it on ZERO bahamut and it worked all four times. Are you sure about that fact?  

ladi_viper

-Zidane__Tribal-

Distinct Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm
ladi_viper
Hikari89
~paper_clip_of_aluminum~

About quadra magic only working on magic, I put it on ZERO bahamut and it worked all four times. Are you sure about that fact?
Qudara Magic does work with summons. the only exception being Knights of the Round.. as that would:
a) Take far too long
b) make the game FAR too easy  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 am
-Zidane__Tribal-
Ultimate Weapon for Cloud is prefered, but heres a basic set up.

Cloud:
Weapon: Ultimate Weapon
Armor: Mystle
Accessory: Ribbon

Materia Set up:
Knights of the round linked with Mp Absorb, Final Attack linked with Phoenix, mime

Thats the basic, and I mean BASIC set up for beating Sephiroth. pretty much battle starts and you summon KoTR and sit there miming it until he dies,

Alternatively you can use the W-item glitch to get 99 Megalixers and have someone use them each round while your other two chracters hammer him with magic or 4x cut

For this set up you need:

Cloud: 4x Cut and any other materia you want

Character 2: Commet linked with Quadra Magic, W-Magic and other powerful spells

Character 3: W-item, Mime, Phoenix linked with Final Attack. and what ever other materia you want.
This set up gives you a more stable batle plan for facing Sephiroth in my opinion.

Basic plan if using this set up:

• Cloud uses 4x cut every turn or what ever is appropriate at the time
  • Character 2 uses Commet 2 with W-Magic
  • Character 3 either uses a Megalixer and some other useful item or Mime's Character 2

Rinse and Repeat to enjoy the ending.

Hope this helps somewhat..

Your guys need to be at least to level 88. I beat the game w/o KOTR And I beat the hell out of sephiroth and jenova. One of the most important materia you'll need is the 2x cut, because when it's upgraded, you can do 4 hits with 9999 damage. I was level 91 with Cloud, 90 with Red XIII and level 89 with Vincent. You'll need at least a fully leveled up HP plus materia to each of your characters too. Just PM me back since I don't want to get into detail, lolz.  

Blood x x x Lust

memorywithin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 am
while all the stuff above is good and all if you REALLY want to beat the final boss quickly your charecters should be level 70 and get the NIGHTS of the ROUND TABLE summon that you can only get to by riding a gold chocobo. It takes time but it'll make the boss fight last only two minutes.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games