Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  +10
View Results

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 pm
I don't have any alcoholics to my knowledge in my family. All my family are social drinkers. But it is a problem I'd like to know how to handle incase of well, life I guess.

I am only 14, but I have had margerita's in small bottles. I stole them from my grandmothers fridge. I do have to admit, I really liked them. And that got me thinking, could I turn out to be an alcoholic?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:37 am
well, having liked the margarita's won't make you an alcoholic. that just means you know a good drink when you taste one wink

alcoholism though is a very dangerous disease. one never knows who will become an alcoholic. it can happen to anyone. either cause of hereditary genes or from pure dumb luck. but just watch your drinking habits and if you notice it becoming a problem get some help fast.

i'm not an expert on the subject but i have gone through alcoholism. my dad is a recovering alcoholic. so i know what it's like growing up with the disease. it's not a pretty sight. there has been times when i've wondered if i would become an alcoholic. i still do at times.

but yea just look around for places that help out with alcoholism. read up on the subject and you'll know how to deal with it.

Angel Muerto

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:01 pm
My dad would get drunk sometimes. But he had enough sence to call someone to come and pick him up.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:06 pm
not my dad. he would go out driving while drunk. he didn't care. this one time he lost control of the truck and wrapped himself around the light pole. luckily he didn't seriously hurt himself. or anyone else for that matter.  

Angel Muerto

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:29 am
first off alcoholism isnt a disease..atleast to me its not
its just another drug..another addiction
IMO its also worse than pot, it causes alot more peoblems, and alot more deaths from alcohol posining, drunk drivers and the like
my dad is also a recovering alcoholic
atleast he hast been for 15 years
the past 3 years or so hes been getting back into that "i want to drink again"
i keep telling him is it worth ruining your life like you did before and all this other stuff but he wont listen
stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:20 pm
Just tell him, if he starts to drink, or want to drink, that you will loose all your respect for him. If he's a good father then that will put something into perspective.  

BlackBloodJin

Angel Muerto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:11 pm
back when my dad was drinking it wouldn't matter to him if we told him he would lose his family cause of his drinking. many times he chose the booze over his family. once they're full blown alcoholics nothing much matters to them except for more alcohol.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:15 am
yup ive told him that stuff before
a few times he came back with the usual "shut up" or "im just going to need more to drink"

[KookieMunzta]

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:22 pm
True
But I haven't ever seen my dad drink.
Except like a beer at a resturant.
He never drank at home.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Big D gets a hankerin to drink once a year. We still have some left over from last year. stare Why can't he like something like wine coolers? Beers nasty. But my uncle monty's an alchoholic bad. He drinks every night until he's drunk and calls everyone. I think he drinks in the morning just so he never gets a hang over.  

Pensakura

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:07 am
my dad used to tell me there wasnt any moment of time th at you didnt see him with a quart of beer or a bottle between his legs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:06 pm
I think that alcoholism can be passed down to kids.
That is if they've seen it all their lives.

BlackBloodJin

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:57 am
even if they didnt grow up seeing it, it's still possible for them to become an alcoholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:31 pm
It's kind of sad that we have become so suseptable to drugs and alcohol.

BlackBloodJin

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:05 am
User Image

yeah it definatly is

User Image

Extended Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers