Methodologies of Success Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gameroo

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:03 pm
Wow, this sounds complicated, doesn't it? xd It really isn't, I just can't find a good way to make a title.

This is a topic about methods you've used to make a profit in the MP. Yes, plain and simple, how you've claimed a piece of the pie for yourself. Also, if you've yet to claim your piece, you can also talk about plans you intend to use after studies. Or, if you're like me, stumbling on effective ways. razz

I suppose I'll start, with what I've found to be a fairly good way of making a profit. Game items. So far, I've only really used it with one in particular, but I'm certain the same principal can be used for other game items. Here's what I've found what works: gills.

Yes, gills, this simple item. 25 pebbo feeders, of any color variation and mix, make this item. on their own, a pebbo feeder can cost anywhere from 10-20 gold. gills sell for around 370-410 gold. I usually sell gills for 380, so we'll use that number.

380 gold/25 pebbos = 15.2 per pebbo

seeing as you can buy pebbos for signifcantly less, around 12 per, you can make a good profit off of gills.

25 pebbos x 12 per = 300

you're paying around 300 for enough to make one "gills", and you're making around an 80 gold profit on each one. now, this is while using the MP. You can also get enough to make gills by playing the fishing and using the cheap bait. you make a greater profit, but that takes longer. razz Also, as a note, people do by gills alot. So you don't really have to worry about not being able to sell yours.

let's multiply the numbers and see the profit.

200 pebbos x 12 per = 2400 spent

200 pebbos/25 per gills = 8 gills

8 gills x 380 each = 3040

3040 - 2400 = 640 gold profit.

Yeah, this seems like a small number, but if you want practice, this is a safe way to start. you won't lose too much if you mess up. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:04 am
this sounds very interesting biggrin i might just give it a go biggrin

still being a relative newbie, getting the best out of my items has crossed my mind before but i'm never quite sure how to go about it  

Sanguinello

JerryKun Desku

Feline Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am
Another good way to get money is to get inks and mix them into more valuable inks, but the ink market is kinda messed up right now, so I'm saving my inks.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:31 pm
Whenever selling anything you check out how much it's selling for, then sell it the cheapest, but add enough to earn a profit. 3nodding Also turn around selling makes you a pretty penny.  

Pensakura

Invalid_Account345635636

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:39 pm
So far, I think my best approach is buying Paper in bulk at reduced prices and selling them made into hats. I'm currently in the process of reaping the benefits from a batch of Crumpled Red Construction Paper x1186 bought at auction for 500 gold mrgreen Best results are probably with the Xeroxes. Although, even Newspaper and the other Construction Paper colors can sell pretty decently at reduced price... they're better off as raw paper than hats though. And they require a little more patience!

JerryKun Desku
Another good way to get money is to get inks and mix them into more valuable inks, but the ink market is kinda messed up right now, so I'm saving my inks.

Yes, that was a strategy I tried to use lately too. I think my life would be just a little bit easier if I could search for Red Inks. scream

I think there's more, but my insomnia died out and I'm almost ready to use the keyboard as a pillow... sweatdrop I'll come back if I think of any more.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:46 am
thanks every so much for ths advice so far given.... maybe my dream avi isn't as far away as i thought lol razz  

Sanguinello

Gameroo

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:07 pm
JerryKun Desku

I used to try and do that, but that was when pink inks were going at around 6K. how far have they dropped, last time I saw they were at 2.1K  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:09 pm
Pensakura
Whenever selling anything you check out how much it's selling for, then sell it the cheapest, but add enough to earn a profit. 3nodding Also turn around selling makes you a pretty penny.

yeah, I want to do that, but I can't recall prices quick enough; by the time I figure out that I can make a profit, it's gone. sweatdrop  

Gameroo

Distinct Member

Gameroo

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Savarette
So far, I think my best approach is buying Paper in bulk at reduced prices and selling them made into hats. I'm currently in the process of reaping the benefits from a batch of Crumpled Red Construction Paper x1186 bought at auction for 500 gold mrgreen Best results are probably with the Xeroxes. Although, even Newspaper and the other Construction Paper colors can sell pretty decently at reduced price... they're better off as raw paper than hats though. And they require a little more patience!

JerryKun Desku

Yes, that was a strategy I tried to use lately too. I think my life would be just a little bit easier if I could search for Red Inks. scream

I think there's more, but my insomnia died out and I'm almost ready to use the keyboard as a pillow... sweatdrop I'll come back if I think of any more.

I never knew that people would buy paper. confused how much of a profit have you made doing that?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:36 pm
yoon  

jumpman1

JerryKun Desku

Feline Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 pm
Or, if you get alot of bait from the daily chance, you can go fishing and sell your catch.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:09 am
JerryKun Desku
Or, if you get alot of bait from the daily chance, you can go fishing and sell your catch.

I've been doing just that. Also experimenting with the fish exchanges.  

Burning_Ice

JerryKun Desku

Feline Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:39 pm
It won't let me fish anymore... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Hmm.. Sounds like a good idea. I'll check into it. How much is needed for the teeth? Anyone know?  

Navigatorblack

JerryKun Desku

Feline Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:44 pm
Ummm...I have no idea...  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items