Submit

Do you eat things other then food?
  Yes, its a problem.
  No, but I will try to help you.
  No, you are a freak.
View Results

RaZoeLynn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:06 pm
Its not a huge problem because I don't do it all the time, but sometimes I get this urge to eat things like paper and cotton. I just read in a magizine that this could be a disorder. Also, awhile ago someone saw me eat a piece of a paper and they said I could get sick from eating the ink. sweatdrop I'm a mess I know, but if people would be kind enough not to poke fun at me, that would rock.

Please, I want to know how to stop. One person already saw me, and I don't want to be known as a paper eater. sweatdrop

EDIT: Ok, I've tried telling people and I did manage to tell someone at school who gave me a few tips. The problem is the 'urge' to eat these things seems to be getting stronger and hitting me at random times. I had an eye exam today, and I had the stongest urge to eat the tissues on the desk. sweatdrop Before I only ever wanted to when I was alone. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:33 pm
If you feel uncomfortable posting here you can PM me. confused  

RaZoeLynn

TheSixStringKid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:43 pm
In all seriousness, you could try to see a psychologist about that; especially since you do it out of a compulsive habit. It doesnt have to be a big deal and it would also be the best way to stop it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:46 pm
TheSixStringKid
In all seriousness, you could try to see a psychologist about that; especially since you do it out of a compulsive habit. It doesnt have to be a big deal and it would also be the best way to stop it.

Yeah, but I'd have to tell my parents . . .
I have a counsouler (my spelling sucks, sorry) maby I could tell her? emo  

RaZoeLynn

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:53 pm
Try a school conselour, they usually are understanding...

There's some paper I know of that's edible I dont know where to find it or I might point you in that direction...

For now, I'd say chew on gum when you have the urge since then you have something in your mouth already

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:16 pm
RaZoeLynn
TheSixStringKid

Yeah, but I'd have to tell my parents . . .
I have a counsouler (my spelling sucks, sorry) maby I could tell her? emo

I'd advise you to try and tell your parents, but I don't know how close you are to them...so, I agree with Tarrien's advice about a school counselor and chewing gum for now.  

TheSixStringKid

RaZoeLynn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:24 pm
Thank you for the advice. 3nodding I think this will help. I'll try to tell my parents, but I don't know how that will work out.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:31 pm
RaZoeLynn
Thank you for the advice. 3nodding I think this will help. I'll try to tell my parents, but I don't know how that will work out.

If your relationship is good with your parents, then they'd most likely be the most reliable people in your life and they'd look out for your best interest. It would be for the best. I hope things work out^^.  

TheSixStringKid

tinkys85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:12 pm
it might not be a mental disorder at all, some ppl have a mineral issue that cause them to eat things like paper, cotton, or even dirt, good luck  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:29 pm
tinkys85
it might not be a mental disorder at all, some ppl have a mineral issue that cause them to eat things like paper, cotton, or even dirt, good luck

Hmm. I'll think about what you said and look into stuff like this a little more. Nothing worse then making an assumption.

@All who posted: Thanks for your advice.  

RaZoeLynn

Coach Z

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:44 pm
Sunflower seeds...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:29 pm
Uh try not to eat it and maybe set a punishment for yourself if ever you do like you slap yourself when you eat paper or you cant use the tv for a month and stuff it worked kinda for me ^^ but It wasnt an eating thing it was more of like something w/ my jaw  

robot of a thousand words

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:49 pm
RaZoeLynn
Its not a huge problem because I don't do it all the time, but sometimes I get this urge to eat things like paper and cotton. I just read in a magizine that this could be a disorder. Also, awhile ago someone saw me eat a piece of a paper and they said I could get sick from eating the ink. sweatdrop I'm a mess I know, but if people would be kind enough not to poke fun at me, that would rock.

Please, I want to know how to stop. One person already saw me, and I don't want to be known as a paper eater. sweatdrop

The paper is probaly more dangerous than the ink. Most ink is non toxic, but I still wouldn't want to ingest it. The paper on the other hand may have bonding agents that are unhealthly. I work at a paper publishing plant so I inhale ink and paper dust all the time and have had no ill effects that I know of. Still I would see some sort of a doctor about this. It quite possible that it could escalate to eating more dangerous things.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:02 pm
Gah, I used to do it, Then I imageingened I could get cancer from it and I immediately stopped, Like that, Try it, it might work.

Good luck

Amaraleigh

RaZoeLynn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:05 pm
(purple__flame)
Gah, I used to do it, Then I imageingened I could get cancer from it and I immediately stopped, Like that, Try it, it might work.

Good luck

Bah, I tried that but for some reason it dosen't work. I'll tell myself that I could get sick, but then I think that I'll stop after one more time. sweatdrop
Its so messed.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces