Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FFVIII Ending question... *TOTAL SPOILER*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wheee
View Results

Eighthmoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:05 pm
... so in FFVIII, does squall end up dying? i'm pretty sure he gets lost in time, but someone told me he is in the video at the end... can anyone clarify this for me? ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:11 pm
He does not die.

He is rescued by Rinoa using her Sorceress Powers who teleported them into the Flowerfield in which we see Rinoa in during the Liberi Fatali Sequence / Intro during the game.

If you do certain things / Say the right answers during the game, You can see the Epilouge where Rinoa is standing on the balcony in Balamb Garden, We see her gazing at the Stars and we see her turn and we see Squall's face. He looks happy. And then they seemingly kiss and then we see Balamb Garden fly off into the sky with a view of it's back in front of the moon. The End.

Otherwise if you don't you only see the normal ending and then the Party but Selphie's Video Camera's Battery dies when she zooms in on Rinoa, But either way Squall is alive, He just doesn't stand out in the open (Like at the SeeD Party, He stood behind a wall so nobody would spot him an make him dance.) why else would Selphie and everyone get excited if it was just Rinoa standing there mourning? Why would the party's style and character's be excited? Sure they could just be happy for defeating Sorceress Ultimecia and stopping Time Compression... but they would be mourning for the loss of their "Commander" but the Party doesn't have that feeling so either way, Squall is alive.

sweatdrop Hope this helps.  

Enetirnel

Eighthmoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:18 pm
pesky-yuna
He does not die.

He is rescued by Rinoa using her Sorceress Powers who teleported them into the Flowerfield in which we see Rinoa in during the Liberi Fatali Sequence / Intro during the game.

If you do certain things / Say the right answers during the game, You can see the Epilouge where Rinoa is standing on the balcony in Balamb Garden, We see her gazing at the Stars and we see her turn and we see Squall's face. He looks happy. And then they seemingly kiss and then we see Balamb Garden fly off into the sky with a view of it's back in front of the moon. The End.

Otherwise if you don't you only see the normal ending and then the Party but Selphie's Video Camera's Battery dies when she zooms in on Rinoa, But either way Squall is alive, He just doesn't stand out in the open (Like at the SeeD Party, He stood behind a wall so nobody would spot him an make him dance.) why else would Selphie and everyone get excited if it was just Rinoa standing there mourning? Why would the party's style and character's be excited? Sure they could just be happy for defeating Sorceress Ultimecia and stopping Time Compression... but they would be mourning for the loss of their "Commander" but the Party doesn't have that feeling so either way, Squall is alive.

sweatdrop Hope this helps.

^^ whoo hoo it does, thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:57 am
Not a problem.  

Enetirnel

omfghaxd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:57 am
Eighthmoon
... so in FFVIII, does squall end up dying? i'm pretty sure he gets lost in time, but someone told me he is in the video at the end... can anyone clarify this for me? ninja

nope the b***h in blue rescues him.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:41 am
The b***h in blue?
That's a little harsh, no?
He lives!
He lives!
gonk  

Muffs

Noob

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:04 pm
I didn't know that epilogue was optional... I've always gotten it... hmph.... I think I'm gonna start a new game and try to do things different.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:28 am
Maluc Fieri
I didn't know that epilogue was optional... I've always gotten it... hmph.... I think I'm gonna start a new game and try to do things different.

Well in some cases it is, But for a strange reason the Europe Version (Which is what we use over here in Australia) has been known not to give the player the Epilogue. [ Like in the case of my dear friend Ashley who replayed the game numerous times and tried every question / answer combination possible and still never got the Epilogue.]  

Enetirnel

Kyrios_Willian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 am
Quote:
He does not die.

He lives...
err... there's not much to say after pesky-yuna ^^"""
she told you everything XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:56 pm
nope he lives. mrgreen  

Mystifying Social Disease

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:10 am
pesky-yuna
Maluc Fieri

Well in some cases it is, But for a strange reason the Europe Version (Which is what we use over here in Australia) has been known not to give the player the Epilogue. [ Like in the case of my dear friend Ashley who replayed the game numerous times and tried every question / answer combination possible and still never got the Epilogue.]

Well I've played through the game 3 more times and I've still gotten it everytime. I can't seem to not get the epilogue.... oh well... on the plus side I'm begining to think I can time attack this game. my last try I beat the game in 29 hours! And I even got Squall's lionheart gunblade. Truthfully though I think getting it as early as I do each time is essential to speeding through it. I get it just before I go and get the brothers GF.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:53 pm
I'm sure that when Rinoa revived him, he said something like:

'' Rinoa? Oh.. whatever... '' or juste a plain ''...''

Wouldn't surprise me xd  

Devoted Earth

Kayilleah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:02 am
Lawchan
Eighthmoon

nope the b***h in blue rescues him.

personally I'm not sure this is an improvement. Squall may have been better off if he had died. eek  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games