Reply "YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫
so ive started a band...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[[starsky]]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:57 pm
so yeah ive started a band called "steel glaciers" were really good and been practicing for a few months but, how do i get a record deal? if anyone knows please tell!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:04 pm
Wish I knew, buddy. v_v; I just study Viola at a Suzuki Institute. e_e;; I would say do a few shows at a local all ages club, maybe try and make some form of tape or CD..Send it into a radio station, and try to get some Air-play.

God, haven't you seen Airheads?  

Kimoura

Distinct Genius

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:09 pm
I don't know how exactly how to get a record deal, but maybe try sending demo tapes to some record labels and see what happens.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:13 pm
To get a record deal you have to have a fanbase, talent, marketability, demos already made, and lots of luck. Tour and perform to build your fanbase to a few thousand. Maybe if you're lucky then, an A&R rep will see you guys, like you, and schedule a meeting. At that point, you'd want to hire a manager.  

Pulga

Black_Widow87

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:27 am
Pulga
To get a record deal you have to have a fanbase, talent, marketability, demos already made, and lots of luck. Tour and perform to build your fanbase to a few thousand. Maybe if you're lucky then, an A&R rep will see you guys, like you, and schedule a meeting. At that point, you'd want to hire a manager.

my friends are in a band they had to do loads including most of those you listed including the tour i'm not sure if they've got a record deal but they were talking about an offer they had but not sure whats happening right now it took them quiet a while to get to where they are now

good luck with your band  
"YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff