Reply Extended Discussions
Iraq

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:47 am
What are your thoughts and feelings on the war in iraq?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:32 pm
At first, I was all for it.
But now there isn't a reason for us to be there.
We should leave before some Iraqies really do something drastic.
I mean something really bad.

BlackBloodJin

Angel Muerto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:17 pm
that's how i see it. if there's no real purpose for the troops to be there. then they should come home.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:04 am
User Image

thats exactly how i feel
but as long as bush is in office, they won't come home

User Image

[KookieMunzta]

toricmpbll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:50 am
KookieMunzta
User Image

thats exactly how i feel

User Image
very true and i want to kill him my self very badly  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:08 am
toricmpbll
KookieMunzta
User Image

thats exactly how i feel

User Image
very true and i want to kill him my self very badly
User Image

your not the only one evil ninja

User Image

[KookieMunzta]

Catalinyx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:12 pm
I don't believe conspiracy theories and "Bush did this because..." theories. A lot of people make it sound like he's done things all on his own, and the US system of government's checks and balances prevents that from happening. He can't do anything on his own... he needs backing from other branches of government. Also, I don't understand why a lot of people paint him as an idiot and an evil dictator. I think the two would be mutually exclusive, as it would take a certain amount of intelligence to become an evil dictator. I also do not believe the war in Iraq is about oil. We aren't getting paid in oil, and we aren't confiscating oil. The amount of oil we're getting out of this is... none!

What I do believe is that we got sidetracked. I believe we were honestly after Osama bin Laden, but we got sidetracked and in the process of trying to set up a democratic system in Iraq, we haven't gotten back on track yet. Sadly, I think this means the whole "War on Terror" could go on for a very long time. One day we're going to have to get back on the Osama hunt. And, really, I'm afraid democracy may be a wasted effort in that part of the world. People tend to stick to their comfort zones, even when the comfort zone is unhealthy. Given the chance, I believe they'll trade the Saddam type dictator for a religious dictator. But at least we'll know they chose it for themselves... I guess that's worth something.

I also believe that Bush didn't lie about WMDs, but that he was also misinformed. If you pass along information that is false, but you believe it to be true, that's not lying. Lying is knowing it's false and spreading it to purposely decieve someone. Besides, in a manner of speaking, we did find WMDs. We found all the main components, and there's really no other logical explanation for some of them. What we didn't find were big boxes stacked up with signs that said "Hey Americans! Here are the WMDs!" Look at it this way... if you have parts for a machine gun, the government rewuires you to pay the proper fees and have your paperwork in order. It doesn't matter if the parts aren't assembled. As far as the government is concerned, it's the same as you having a machine gun. I find it interesting that many of the same legislators who fought to have those laws passed are the ones screaming about how we found no WMDs.

For the record, I didn't vote for Bush. I'm a Libertarian. I just think a lot of people are critical of him based on party affiliation and aren't actually doing their homework on things.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm
Cassandra Sibylla
I don't believe conspiracy theories and "Bush did this because..." theories. A lot of people make it sound like he's done things all on his own, and the US system of government's checks and balances prevents that from happening. He can't do anything on his own... he needs backing from other branches of government. Also, I don't understand why a lot of people paint him as an idiot and an evil dictator. I think the two would be mutually exclusive, as it would take a certain amount of intelligence to become an evil dictator. I also do not believe the war in Iraq is about oil. We aren't getting paid in oil, and we aren't confiscating oil. The amount of oil we're getting out of this is... none!

What I do believe is that we got sidetracked. I believe we were honestly after Osama bin Laden, but we got sidetracked and in the process of trying to set up a democratic system in Iraq, we haven't gotten back on track yet. Sadly, I think this means the whole "War on Terror" could go on for a very long time. One day we're going to have to get back on the Osama hunt. And, really, I'm afraid democracy may be a wasted effort in that part of the world. People tend to stick to their comfort zones, even when the comfort zone is unhealthy. Given the chance, I believe they'll trade the Saddam type dictator for a religious dictator. But at least we'll know they chose it for themselves... I guess that's worth something.

I also believe that Bush didn't lie about WMDs, but that he was also misinformed. If you pass along information that is false, but you believe it to be true, that's not lying. Lying is knowing it's false and spreading it to purposely decieve someone. Besides, in a manner of speaking, we did find WMDs. We found all the main components, and there's really no other logical explanation for some of them. What we didn't find were big boxes stacked up with signs that said "Hey Americans! Here are the WMDs!" Look at it this way... if you have parts for a machine gun, the government rewuires you to pay the proper fees and have your paperwork in order. It doesn't matter if the parts aren't assembled. As far as the government is concerned, it's the same as you having a machine gun. I find it interesting that many of the same legislators who fought to have those laws passed are the ones screaming about how we found no WMDs.

For the record, I didn't vote for Bush. I'm a Libertarian. I just think a lot of people are critical of him based on party affiliation and aren't actually doing their homework on things.

3nodding What an awesome opinion. When you talk to kids about it they just start spoutting usless crap. Usually all people do is critisise Bush like he piolotted the planes full of soldiers himself. There is some good things happening, but the people have to want to change, and really a lot of them don't.  

Pensakura

Extended Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff