Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Why do we hurt ourselves? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Respectthis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:00 pm
Just a little blog for any Si ers out there.

Ok know that we know a little about that...when was the first time you Si?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:42 am
Emotional pain, physical pain converted into emotional pain....

horrid experiences... an awful family...

Thats why I do it.  

BloodyKateMary89

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:25 am
Basically what Darkness said. Though I dont really see the point but then again I do see it. It matters on who it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:18 am
Depends on the person.

I, myself used to inflict injury upon myself for various reasons.
At times I felt I deserved nothing less or more. Then...there were other reasons. As I said before...depends on the person.

Keiji Death Kiss

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:42 pm
Sometimes the pain is the only thing that tells us that we're still alive.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 pm
KaguraOfTheWind
Sometimes the pain is the only thing that tells us that we're still alive.

That and to try to have control over your life (at least for me). When you hate life so much you want to die, when they're too much pressure to handle, or all of that stuff mixed together.  

WindAndFire

Amaraleigh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm
Sometimes we half to, It even cools some people down if they are stessed out, I just write on myself with pencil, not as painful, but still painful.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:35 pm
emotional pain we have been hurt by others so we take it out on ourselves instead of on the people who hurt us like we should and if we bottle up our pain one day we finaly burst and go ballistic ive done that 3 times to my ex friend he just made me so angry i cant stand it!  

Eldar Pheonix Lord

~ murderd in cold blood ~

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:01 pm
its only human. when others arnt hurting us we have to inflict pain upon ourselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:40 pm
~ murderd in cold blood ~
its only human. when others arnt hurting us we have to inflict pain upon ourselves.

now that's just being a masochist. i don't do it anymore, but i used to pressed my nails on my skin, almost perforating it. and it had nuthing to do with others not hurting me, in fact, it was BECAUSE I was being hurt that i did it. bcs i was transforming emotional pain into physical pain. and tha way i forgot about the emotional one. i don't do it anymore, though  

Sotur

Emo Cookies Inc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:27 pm
Ok.
Well, I don't cut.
I just write all of my thoughts down on paper.
Less harm to self, and still getting all of the misery off my chest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:17 pm
DarknessxFire
Emotional pain, physical pain converted into emotional pain....

horrid experiences... an awful family...

Thats why I do it.

thats exactly why i do it too. im to botteled up to take it out and the only times i have is when someone really pisses me off i cant stand them somtimes so i reach what i call my "break limit" i cant take it anymore so i just just... crying i snap i cant see why i dont take it out right away but some how i just cant take it out  

Eldar Pheonix Lord

raped_virgin13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:07 pm
I had asked myself that question before and so far I haven't really come to a answer I want to admit thats true...Okay, first of all, I admit I don't cut myself for depression, but I do think its that whole "relaxation" feeling I get with it and i want to experience more. I always thought it comes along when I'm feelig overwhelm with something, in my head or whats going on presently. I know lots of others do it for a sense of control over themselves, realzing everything action we do is because we choose to do it, like cutting. why do it? its not really benefitting anyone or yourself (unless you want scars <3). BUT it makes some ppl feel a bit accepted with themselves ithat ts their choice and everything else that happens in their life is because they let it flow that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:24 pm
It keeps the bad memories away. But nothing serious... Just a wee bit o' pain.  

Dirk Bolero

baigais

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:12 pm
Cutting releases a hormone in your brain that has a calming effect.

I did it to calm down just so I could sleep when I was going through rough times with friends and family.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff