Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
J-music

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JM!!
  YEAH!
  ...no
  WHAT!?
View Results

hifiaudiocafe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:03 pm
anyone besides me thinks that j-music(jrock, jpop,etc) is awesome?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:33 pm
Most certainly 3nodding

My favourites would have to be Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, Phantasmagoria, Larc-en-ciel, Luna Sea, Glay, X-Japan, Older Dir en grey, Gazette, Ancafe, Gackt, Mayavi and Schwarz Stein.

I've been listening to this for about 7 or so years now and it's got me off most of the Western music (Although I still listen to things like London after midnight, The cure, The sisters of mercy etcetc) because I realised that most, if not all, western bands are all the same. I can't tell you how many Korn rip off's I've seen or read about over the years.

Visual Kei bands (X-Japan, Malice Mizer etcetc) take so much more effort into their appearance. They aren't the kind of bands that just go up on stage wearing casual stuff (Which is about as boring as batshit) instead they go up looking as creative/crazy/imaginative as they possibly can.  

Klous d-Arc

Chibi Kytanna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:38 am
I love J pop and J rock I've been into J pop longer ( Easier to find to be completely honest ) and have recently forced my lazy butt up to look into J rock I now have two teachers ( Yes I actually have two friends to teach me all bout J rock ^^ lucky me!! ) and ( I'm sure since I'm a music whore I'll love everyone ) we'll see how many I like @.@  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:17 pm
Ah, I much love it. My favorites are Nana Kitade (saw her live!), Utada Hikaru, L'Arc~en~Ciel (even though a lot of their stuff is kind of dull, my favorites make up for it). Then there are a lot of bands I plan to check out: HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Malice Mizer, Ayumi Hamasaki, Do As Infinity, Gackt, Sowelu, T.M. Revolution... Et cetera. 'Checking out' for me means downloading the whole discography, which is why I don't usually get around to it. >_>

I do listen to as much music in English (and other languages) as Japanese, but J-Pop as a whole I like much better.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

hifiaudiocafe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:50 pm
Ravenwolf
Ah, I much love it. My favorites are Nana Kitade (saw her live!), heart heart Utada Hikaru heart heart , L'Arc~en~Ciel (even though a lot of their stuff is kind of dull, my favorites make up for it). Then there are a lot of bands I plan to check out: heart heart HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR heart heart , Malice Mizer, Ayumi Hamasaki, Do As Infinity, Gackt,, Sowelu, T.M. Revolution... Et cetera. 'Checking out' for me means downloading the whole discography, which is why I don't usually get around to it. >_>

I do listen to as much music in English (and other languages) as Japanese, but J-Pop as a whole I like much better.

Sorry, Hikki (Utada Hikaru) and H&MC are my loves.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:49 pm
yeah dude!
l'arc~en~ciel - Orange Range - and so many other ones *-*
see ya!  

Kyrios_Willian

Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items