Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Morrowind or Oblivion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats Better to you and why?
  TES 3: Morrowind
  TES 4: Oblivion
View Results

perfect_reject

Tipsy Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:39 pm
sorry if this was posted before, but im new to the guild! Personally i think Morrowind is better due to the fact theres more to do! as well as more of a challange.

Grrr...deleated the seccond option, sorry bout that...

Now its fixed ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:42 pm
I've been playing marrowwind for a year now and i'm not even close to finishing the first quest. I'm like miles away but the graphics in oblivion is nice. The combat also got upgraded which is another good thing, in my opinion  

Rubytan

Invisible Poster

perfect_reject

Tipsy Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:43 pm
-Nods- for the most part, but you cant tell me you dont miss the agervation every now and again XD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:45 pm
Morrowind had too many glitches, like how if you combine soultrap and something-boosting spell, change it to self and increase magnitude you can up that skill a bunch. I beat oblivion and the end was great. I also liked how in the beginning you get to see the empeor die. SPOILERS!  

Bringer of Pestilence

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:06 pm
I have only played Oblivion. It is a really good game, but the whole enemy leveling system is really really stupid in my opinion. It ended up a lot harder to fight quests at level 24 than it was at level 3. And my primary stats all capped out while my mages mana was still too low to cast some of the most powerful spells. That really annoyed me. I mean my maxed out mage couldnt even cast some spells?? Sooo annoying. I think some mods would fix that out though. I should just hack away at the issues and try playing it again.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:19 pm
I like morrowind better.

1. My computer isn't about to crash everytime I try to play it (it's a pentium 4, still I can only play oblivion in the lowest resolution)

2. I liked the story better. Come on giving an really really importend amulet to an escaped prisoner, who they trust will bring it to the heir instead of selling it. All because an old king ( who was wrong 3 times before) believes he is their saviour. (na ah, I don't think so)

3. In morrowind you have a lot more freedom before starting the main quest. I really missed that in oblivion.  

Tsume_Lucifer

xXS I N N E RXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:43 am
In Morrowind most of your attacks miss which kinda got me pissed when I first started playing it, but after a while I got used to it. I can't honestly say anything about Oblivion as I haven't played it yet nor do I have an Xbox 360. So in my own opinion Morrowind is better...for now...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 pm
I'm an Elder Scrolls fangirl. I played through Arena. I am versed in Daggerfall, and know a thing or two about the Shadow Key games and Redguard. I play Morrowind religiously and so very much want to play Oblivion. So much, I memorized the PC requirements, recommended and required. I know the development timeline, and memorized the bestiary. I have seen dozens of screenshots and read every printed word. I have a broken compas that often points towards the game store. I have no trouble believing my heart's desire resides within (Holy Dead Man's Chest reference, Batman!) and looking at the box on the shelf almost makes me orgasm.  

Omicron-Machine

Mister Banter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:18 am
Eh...

Oblivion may be better looking, but....it's almost too good. In Oblivion, the Imperials control Cyrodil almost exclusivly. There are no "foreign" structures (I rather enjoy the Telvanni tree-like architecture in Sadrith Mora/Telvanni House cities), so there is no diversity. The Oblivion Storyline sucks, whereas the Morrowind Main Quest is rather open ended, and there are many more quests. Morrowind is much more challenging. I played Oblivion for an hour or so at my friend's house, was LV 1, encountered a Dremora, freaked out because there was no way I could possibly kill it when I remembered Morrowind. My friend told me to calm down, and I killed the Dremora after 10 or so hits. Rather disappointing. I can slay Guards with ease, which makes me forget about thinking twice when breaking the law.

Oblivion
Also, (SPOILERS for MORROWIND):

Almalexia tries to kill you! WHOAMG!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:17 am
i personally think morrowind is better.. but eh on my high lvl file i havent got anywhere on the quests... sweatdrop .. instead ive been trying to see how high of a bounty i can get and to see how many main characters i can kill off in the game... the more dead the better for me!! mrgreen  

Alphawolf540

xXHemletXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:43 pm
Having played both games for a fair while, I can say that it all really depends on what you prefer in an RPG.

In Morrowind, you have a crazy huge area to explore, hundreds of diverse sidequests and areas to explore and conquer (I've owned the game for a couple of years, have yet to begin play through the main quest sweatdrop ), and all and all the game concentrates more on adventure and exploration than outright combat.

In Oblivion, you have crazy awsome visuals, the ability to make a character who isn't entirely combat based while still being succesful in the game (note my stern look at Morrowind's stealth system stare ), and an all around better combat system. All in all, the game concentrates more on the combat/stealth aspects of an RPG.

The only real one-up Oblivion has over Morrowind is that they finally did away with those bloody Cliff Racers. Past that, it's all about what you prefer, adventuring, or combat. (Oh yes, almost forgot, the Guilds in Oblivion aren't amazingly boring. Also, if you think Oblivion's too easy, go into the options and crank up the difficulty. THEN you'll have plenty of fun.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:50 am
Oblivion looks good, but I'm poor. Never played it. I liked Morrowind but I can't say it's my favorite rpg or anything.  

chibi_kasumi_108

FritzLloyd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Oblivion rules over mankind!

~Fritz  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:16 pm
Oblivion only works through the first dungeon on my computer. That really sucks. So far, I like Oblivion better. I've played Morrowind a lot. The game is good, but the character designs are horrible. If looking at my character didn't make me barf, I'd like the game more. I'm not one that values graphics a lot. My favorite game is FF VI. But there's no excuse for those graphics. They're just bad. Oblivion looks a lot better. Gameplay, I can't really comment on as I haven't been able to play a lot of Oblivion. They are both very good though.  

Koravin

Doc Ivo Robotnik

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:07 pm
Oblivion....and if it's not extensive or fun enough for you....download mods. XDDDD
Especially the Aundae in Cyrodil and Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. blaugh  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games