engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:05 am
Let's say your subforum is about Dogs. If you hit the Community button in the top menu, and then enter "Dogs" in the search by interest box, you'll see this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/index.php?view=search.ShowSearch&type=interests&item=dogs&x=15&y=10

You might want to invite those people to the guild, and specifically mention your subforum. The feature of searching by interest can be a very helpful way to look for people who might be interested in your topic. Brainstorm some other words... related like: AKC, chihuahua, obedience. Now there's is no way of knowing whether these people are online or not, so don't expect fast results, but if you invite 100 people, generally within a week they will have all looked at the invitation. Perhaps 30 will join.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 pm
That was a very helpful tip!! My subforum in about word games, so I go to the word games and others forum in the public forums. I generally pull the names of the people that just left posts. That is very helpful because they are on line!
There are TONS of threads and topics in the public forums that could relate to your subforum...that is a good way to get them to join!!

Also a fun "bonus reason" for inviting them is a good idea.

I know that I joined because engineer up there^ complimented my user name 3nodding I know that she did that a lot it gets the "invitee" intrigued about the guild!!!

Asking people that don't post very often to come back is also a good way to grow the guild! That is what I use the "birthday" thread for xd  

Aurora Sing
Crew

1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces