Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which one:
  best friend
  boyfriend
View Results

beautiful disaster 08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:48 am
okay. so im in what seems to be an odd situaton (well, for me at least). i have a best friend named cameron. i liked him at the beginning of last year and he found out about it. he did not like me back and basically shut me down. but he was one of those peopl that you always have a crush on, that though you may not realize it, you still like them. i say this because there was a specific incident during which i found this out. this summer, in june, i went to a birthday party and he was there. we were really good friends and i had a boyfriend who i had been with for about 4 months at that point. well, cam and i ended up sitting next to each other on the couch while we were watching a movie. he started playing with my hand which totally caught me off guard, but i did not try to stop him because i realized that i had liked him all that time but i wouldnt let myself believe it because of how badly he had shut me down. he said that we was trying to see how well nick (my ex) and i were doing and that he liked me. well, when nick broke up with me, i turned to him but cam had a girlfriend which crushed me even more. he helped me thru the breakup and we are still good friends. he knows that i like him and he does like me a little bit and has ever since this summer, even weh he had his girlfrend. he broke up with her just a few days ago and hes doing just fine. like i said, he knows i still like him, and hes completely okay with that. he and i have talked about it. he said that its all on him to decide whether or not he could see me as a girlfriend because right now im a really great friend to hang out with and joke around with and talk to. (which is why we are best friends). and i really dont know what to do. oh, and i havent mentioned tom. okay, so i went to a concert about a month ago with another best friend of mine. i met this awesome guy named tom and got his number so we can hang out. as of now, we have not been able to get together. we talk about twice a week and hes a really cool guy. and he seems to be interested in me. like, that he thinks if he got to know me better that he might consider going out with me. and i am really confused right now. this post is mainly about cameron and my situation with him, but i thought id throw in that part about tom so you understand why this is so weird for me.
and so im basically asking if you have any advice or suggestions about what i should do. if its a good idea to be with cameron or not. i think it would be awesome, obviously. but i dont know.
well, any advice that you could give is wonderful. sorry that you read all of this. and thanks!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:29 pm
I'd say go for Cameron. It sounds like he obviosly likes you, and you like him. If you likes him this long, then definetly something is there. Not much i can really say, nothing is coming to mind at all right now lol.  

HiddenWolfNinja

Sotur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:31 am
well, i'm not in that situation, but my sis half is. she has a boyfriend, but likes a friend of hers, who happens to have a girlfriend, and they like each other and blahblahblah. it's not really important. what's important is the fact that they'd been together b4, broke up [for stupid reasons, but that's irrelevant], yet still like each other that's my important point. after this long, u can see that there's something there precisely bcs of the time that has passed. this cameron guy, u've liked him for this long, so there has to b something there. HOWEVER don't push anything into happening. he said it was up to him to see if he could see u as a girlfriend, and that's just it. as annoying as it may b, u'll have to wait for him to decide. if u try pushing things, there r chances that nothing might happen. i mean, u can hint, mention on a passing, and stuff like that, but don't get pushy, bcs that could screw it up. as for the tom guy...i'd say going out with him is a bad idea IF u realize u r just trying to make up for the abscense of cameron. DON'T TRY REPLACING! IT ALWAYS BACK-FIRES!! don't use tom to forget or replace cameron, BAD IDEA!! if u really r interested in him, BUT NOT FOR REPLACING CAMERON [i really focus on that, dont i?] then u can happily go out with him, and who knows, maybe it'll work out marvelously.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:34 pm
To tell the truth if you do like him like all of the people that said this "Just go for it". If it ends up that he doesn't want that, you can still stay best friends. I mean its not all that bad if u dont have him as a boyfriend sometimes, its better to have a guy that you like as a best friend biggrin 3nodding  

Beyond_Imortality

navybluewolf2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:57 pm
well i think if i was you i'd keep him as a best friend, I've seen when best friends go out it doesn't work out so well they end up hateing each other by the end of the relationship they won't even talk to each other nor look each other in the eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:14 am
I have the same problem. Its posted on here to, its called Just Friends
I've also dated my best friend.
I would try going out with him, but talk to him first, say something like. "If we were to date, and broke up I would still want us to be friends, no matter what broke us up."
other then that i dont know what to say.  

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

DN Mail

4,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:42 am
I think you should wait a while. see what happens next.
Maybe later on you will know what too do.
Just follow you're heart.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:35 am
well when i went out with my best friend
and we broke up we are still best friends
me and him were exactly like you and cam
but me and my best friends relationship is a lot stronger now

so basicaly
i say go for cam
he seems like the kind of guy that is a biotch
and if you guys break up you guys will still be friends

or, go out with whoever you like more  

cheerchik