Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
BAND NERDS!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R U A BAND NERD...?
  *raises hand* yep...
  me...a band nerd...you got-ta be joking...
View Results

solid_sam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:58 pm
yeah...im...a band nerd...i also am in love with one...he plays the drums...he must be good with his hands!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:04 pm
Band geeks unite!!

But the question is....

Are you a CONCERT band geek? "Tune or die, fool!"
Are you a MARCHING band geek? "Give me drill charts or give me death!"
Or are you the ULTIMATE band geek? "So much band in one person that even Sousa can't handle it! Hoo!"

Cathartic Denouement

Anxious Codger

solid_sam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 pm
Tepeu Geyumaz
Band geeks unite!!

But the question is....

Or are you the ULTIMATE band geek? "So much band in one person that even Sousa can't handle it! Hoo!"

im in both...but i hate concert...im also in the pep band for basketball games...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:07 pm
I'm all three. but rather I loved marching band that was the best.  

Aoi Astraea

animenintendo516

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:35 pm
Im in band AND football(varsity)!

How does it work?

Do I play at our games?

I play at halftime if we are winning by a lot.

I play in all concerts.

I play 3 intruments(alto sax, tenor sax, bari sax).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:39 am
Tepeu Geyumaz
Band geeks unite!!

But the question is....

all of the above. Flute/piccolo blaugh heart heart  

musicfreak42

Vixen in Purple

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:30 am
*hand shoots up* YES!!
Marching: Colorguard Bitches! Drumcore trained mother approved.
Concert: Clarinet section leader...I can tune the flutes by ear....
Uber Band: in it for 5 years...unfortunatly college has made me stop. I don't have time much anymore. I stil watch drumcore shows though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:18 pm
Well, I was in band for five years before I quit this year. Can't really say I ever liked it all that much.  

Comrad Crunch

AzureFlame

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:09 pm
*raises hand* Concert band nerd right here! I've been a die-hard flutist for 8 years now and I love it! I must also mention that I have a beautiful tone and a nice vibrato. blaugh If had to make one complaint about playing flute in concert band, it would have to be when the flutes are not in tune with eachother. *shivers* rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:37 pm
WOOT!!! Concert AND Marching!!! My Marching band made Third Place at the regionals last year (but this school year) I Know it's a step down but who cares We've Won FIRST PLACE in the NATIONALS TWICE .... a couple of years ago... but we were still awsomeo!!! WOOT GO LASSITER!!! ESPECAILLY THE FLUTES!!!! we rock and you know it. 3nodding ... bad side though... our uniforms for concert band really really suck. crying I can tune myself without a tuner!! biggrin !!! and I can sight read well.... still working on the vibrato though... that took me awhile to get down... no time to perfect it!  

StellaCosmos

Tipsy Trader

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:57 pm
I am right now THE biggest band geek in my school.

Bass clarinet, BTW, soprano during marching season. Squad leader two years running. Appointed the first year without a tryout. I also dabble in sax, flute, and trumpet and a tiny, tiny smattering of piano on the side.

I'm in the school Wind Ensemble, the county Honors Band (third year), and last year took The Barber of Seville by Rossini to Solo & Ensemble with five others and got a 2.
And I haven't been any lower than first chair since 8th grade ^_^

Did I mention I'm fourth generation? And that my parents purposely named me after an instrument?

...yeah, it's bad. And I've left things out. xd But I am proud. ^_^ Rockin' the bassline!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:12 pm
Mangolyn
I am right now THE biggest band geek in my school.

Bass clarinet, BTW, soprano during marching season. Squad leader two years running. Appointed the first year without a tryout. I also dabble in sax, flute, and trumpet and a tiny, tiny smattering of piano on the side.

I'm in the school Wind Ensemble, the county Honors Band (third year), and last year took The Barber of Seville by Rossini to Solo & Ensemble with five others and got a 2.
And I haven't been any lower than first chair since 8th grade ^_^

Did I mention I'm fourth generation? And that my parents purposely named me after an instrument?

...yeah, it's bad. And I've left things out. xd But I am proud. ^_^ Rockin' the bassline!
dont feel bad...we are all band nerds!  

solid_sam

dabuttmonkee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:27 pm
I'm an ultimate band geek! I play the most unerappreciated instrument in all 4 of our school's band (concert, marching, jazz, pep) and I LOVE IT!! Unite the BASSLINE!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:33 pm
Vixen in Purple
*hand shoots up* YES!!
Marching: Colorguard B****es! Drumcore trained mother approved.
Concert: Clarinet section leader...I can tune the flutes by ear....
Uber Band: in it for 5 years...unfortunatly college has made me stop. I don't have time much anymore. I stil watch drumcore shows though.

drum corps.
I tune my own flute by ear, thank you very much.
Uber Band??? What's Uber Band??

oheyeah i forgot to say in this thread, butI LOVE JAZZ BAND!!  

musicfreak42

Hikaru Wewt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:46 am
Lol im not in band but half my freinds are lol. I mite get in next year on drums for jazz band. smile  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games