Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
How do I beat Seymour??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sharingan Kakashi-Sama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:24 pm
How do I beat Maester Seymour in FFX?? I've tried everything!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:49 pm
.___. I haven't played FFX in a very long time, but if you mean the first time at the Temple [ yes, unfortunately you fight Seymour more than once ], then...
Color Key
Party Members
Aeons
Enemies
Enemy Aeons
Skills/Spells
Items

"... It is good idea to start out with Yuna, Tidus, and Wakka. Use their trigger commands to raise some of their personal statistics. Now, have Rikku use Steal on both of the Guados that accompany Seymour, this will disable their usage of the Auto-Potions. After this occurance, switch out Wakka in exchange for Auron. Have Tidus and Auron combine their efforts to mainly focus on taking out the Guado Guardians by physical means.
Then the incarnation of belligerent fear will consume the diabolistic Seymour, he will then bring forth the crippling, and inexorable Anima. By the way: Stats (especially Yuna's) should be at about 30 or so. Now, when Anima has been summoned to carry out Seymour's dastardly deed, have Yuna first summon Ifrit. Make sure that his overdrive guage is full and then unleash a malicious Hellfire unto her. She will then retaliate by killing Ifrit or almost killing him (more often than not Ifrit will die from this). Now have Tidus execute a Slice & Dice on the aeon engulfed by darkness and hatred. After, use any turn that Auron may possess to simply attack or use any Phoenix Downs on anyone that has fallen to Pain. Then have Yuna summon Shiva and have Shiva use Diamond Dust once the overdrive gauge has been filled. Then as Anima starts that erradication and execution of Shiva, have her heal herself by using the element of Ice on herself (Blizzara). Then, once the overdrive bar is filled use Diamond Dust again, this will beat Anima, then the hard part is yet to come.

Let Shiva be dismissed. The same tactics that Seymour uses from now on are cheap and irritating, but very destructive "Multi-Spells." Your party here should remain the same. Have Tidus use the Haste spell on Yuna, this will allow her to use healing and restorative spells quickly. If her MP gets too low for this, then don't be timid in using healing items excessively. After Tidus gets through with using Haste, have Lulu cast Bio on Seymour, just to poison, and have Auron only attack with Magic Breaks as to lower the power and effectiveness of the Multi-Spells.

+-ALTERNATE STRATEGY-+ (thanks to THETRISANTEREEAN)
Before fighting Seymour charge up all your overdrives on all your aeons. Then make sure Auron, Yuna, and Tidus (AKA Xerok on mine) overdrives are also full.
Use the way [referring to the above strategy] you beat Anima, and after that he should cast a Multi-Spell and if you can survive that, summon any aeon (I used the first one Valefor) and use the overdrive attack on him. The Energy Ray did 9986 damage and killed him in one hit. This way you can save the hassle of having to constantly heal. Just make sure all overdrives are charged. Hope this helps.

P.S. Because you will still have a few overdrives left. You can use them on Wendigo. Summon Ixion and use Thor's Hammer on him, he should then beat you down to a very small amout of health but your overdrive gauge should be full again. Use Thor's Hammer once again and he should be defeated, if not you will have to find your own way but this should work."

This is directly taken from CheatCC. I have a strategy for the Multi-Spell phase that's a bit more conservative, though:

Seymour has a pattern to which element he'll cast. I can't remember the pattern, though. But once you figure out this pattern, you're pretty much set.

Have Yuna, Auron, and Tidus in your party. Let Tidus cast Haste on Yuna, and allow Yuna to cast the NullSpell [ to counter the element Seymour is going to cast next ] on all party members. An example:

The pattern is: Double Fira, Double Blizzara, Double Thundara, Double Watera, Double Fira...

Seymour just casted Double Blizzara. Have Yuna cast NullShock on all party members. Seymour casted Double Thundara on two of your party members. No damage is done.

Now, obviously the pattern in my example is probably not, I repeat, not the real pattern. To re-iterate, I forgot the actual pattern. But you understand my point, hopefully. Have Tidus and Auron use their turns to attack Seymour or restore Yuna's MP [ afterall, Yuna's turns should be used to cast the NullSpells ]. Continue this little cycle of NullSpells and attacking Seymour with Tidus and Auron until Seymour is defeated.

-------

Sorry for the super-long read ^^; I really hope this helps, and I hope even more that I typed the Seymour Boss fight you were referring to in the first place TT____TT  

EternityRealm

No Character

30,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Lord-penance736

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:43 am
Yeah he casts blizzard, thunder, water and fire in that order..  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games