Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you enjoy Harry Potter Movies/Books?
  Yes
  No
View Results

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:02 pm
In reality I haven't read the books. But I do have to say, the Harry Potter series is the most talked about books ever. If you go to Muggenet.com then you can see some of the controversy over them. A woman in Georga has spent a very long time and a large amont of effort into trying to get the school board to ban all Harry Potter books from school libraries.

Yes, it's true that Harry Potter has witch craft and magic in it. But it doesn't promote it in any way. It's not like it's a book telling children to start "casting spells" to kill people. Also, the series has helped many children all over the world read. It's a documented fact that over 69% of the 200 people who participated in a servey said that if it weren't for Harry Potter books, they wouldn't hardly ever read. and that because of reading Harry Potter they can now read better because they have gotten into the habit of reading.

I mean, what do you think about the movies and the mass hysteria? Are people making a mountain of a mole hill or is this an issue that has to be addressed?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Well, I could care less what you like to read. I think kids should be able to read whatever they want. Even though I don't like it, I don't care if other people do.

(And I have to say I like the music from the movies ^^)  

Pensakura

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Fair enough  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:40 am
no, if it needed to be addressed it would have been done after the first book was published....  

im your death wish

toricmpbll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:44 pm
my cousins couln't read the books about a 2 years ago and now the girl is in love with them. the only rule is she can't play the games  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:42 pm
toricmpbll
my cousins couln't read the books about a 2 years ago and now the girl is in love with them. the only rule is she can't play the games
neutral Okay... if that makes sense...  

Pensakura

Zygona

Grim Reaper

55,100 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Reaper of Souls 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:09 am
Pensakura
toricmpbll
neutral Okay... if that makes sense...

O.o go figgure?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:22 am
i know it's wierd. that part of the family is really religes (sp sweatdrop ) . they had this thing were they couldn't read or watch anything about magic. then out of the blue they were watching the movies and she started to read the books. the only rule is they can't play the games. that kinda makes sense. i know several ppl who can't play the games but love Harry Potter.  

toricmpbll

Pensakura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:31 am
scream But that doesn't make any sense!!!

But which games are we talking about anyway? Like, the games from the story, or like HP Uno?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:04 pm
Pensakura

But which games are we talking about anyway? Like, the games from the story, or like HP Uno?
like video games were they do the magic  

toricmpbll

Pensakura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:34 pm
toricmpbll
Pensakura

Gotcha, I didn't even think about that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:06 pm
Pensakura
toricmpbll
Pensakura

Gotcha, I didn't even think about that. sweatdrop
didn't think so  

toricmpbll

cherrish_girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:30 pm
well i know a lot of people is too fanatic to the religion... they said HP is satanist contain inside.. i think still the story have a good point, as friendship, and JK Rowling idea is so great.. i don't believe in all have magic things inside.. i just know if its bring positif to the mass its all good..  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:07 am

User Image

i've never read any of the books and probably never will
i've only seen the first harry potter movie, and i dont see how its promoting anything
if you have your religious beliefs then fine, but dont ruin it for everyone else by banning them
thats just stupid

User Image

[kookies]
Captain

9,050 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

turtles rock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:47 am
i heart harry potter...he's dead sexy with his round glasses... blaugh  
Extended Discussions