[CRIME] Report Suspected Art Thefts Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Takeourfallx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 pm
xXFullMetalAngelXx
we're not talking about claming that u drew something another did.it was about using a pic for an rpc.

The problem with using someone else's picture for your roleplay character is simple. The character is YOURS. The picture is NOT. Not, that is, unless you have had a commission of your character done, but even so, you must credit always.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:15 am
Even if you use something like official game art or an anime screencap, which would be fine stock for a website, it's stealing if you say that a picture of Sephiroth or Renji is a picture of your RP character. Like I said before, it's the content that's stolen. Have you ever seen that legal notice that says "All characters and their likenesses are copyright to (Lucas Arts, Square/Enix, CLAMP, etc.)?" That means that to take any picture of someone else's character - ANY picture, even fanart - and claim the drawing is of your character, it is copyright violation and therefore illegal.

Also, according to law, all art, characters, and likenesses are considered copyright to their creator. That means that even if there's no notice on the art saying "This character and his likeness are mine," like, say, in a Photobucket album, you're still not allowed to take the art without permission.  

Lucca Ashtear

DizzyIzzy06

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:24 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31066287&page=1
she is lying and scamming people by using other peoples art  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 pm

I don't really know why this really old topic was revived but it should probably be locked to avoid more comments on eyeballed work. Contains original image. The sword is moved slightly but the shadows and highlights and basically everything else is the same.

[Losing_My_Marbles]

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 pm
DizzyIzzy06
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31066287&page=1
she is lying and scamming people by using other peoples art

Uhmm

just a note to anyone else who might psot something like this...

We really can only do somethign about art theft IN THE GUILD  
Main Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces