Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:14 am
Welcome to Reality

If you are new to the guild, explore the subforums! The best of this guild is inside the individually operated subforums.

If you're looking for more of a challenge, consider taking on a subforum of your own. Currently the subforum rent is 200 gold per month. A subforum in Reality is easier to recruit members for, easier to maintain, and much cheaper than spending 20K on a seperate guild! smile

What to do?

Play nice
Obey the TOS (Gaia's rules)
Follow any rules of the forum you're in.
Enjoy yourself.

Rules for the Main Forum:

No begging in the main forum. Try any subforum where more people will see it anyway. You could even post the same thread in every subforum if you were on a really desperate quest. lol

Notes for Moderators:

Remember, you rule in your subforum, not in anyone else's. And the main forum is mine.

Within your subforum, you may edit and delete poll and threads. You may move threads to the main forum. When visiting other subforums, ask permission of the local moderator before exercising your modly powers.

If you think a member needs to be banned, you should refer the matter to ME.

Renting a Subforum:

The monthly rent for a subforum is 200 gold. During that month you will own the subforum and have moderator status. You will be completely in charge of your subforum.

You may fail to meet your personal desires for your subforum or greatly succeed. Whatever the case may be, as long as you are a mod, You retain the power to change the subforum based on any whim or well thought out plan.

Tips for Running a Subforum:

Basic announcements such as a welcome thread and rules sticky will help people understand your subforum.

You are allowed to creat normal threads in the main forum "advertising" your subforum.

Ask permission to make a sticky or announcement in the main forum. Remember that it's mine.

Try to maintain a pleasant professional attitude when dealing with visitors to your subforum. Attempt to solve all subforum problems on your own. If you believe someone should be banned, then and only then should you refer the matter to ME.

Advertising:

Advertise your subforum! Interact with people in the main forum. Go find people outside of the guild and direct them to your subforum. Whatever you do, remember that you are responsible for generating content AND activity in your subforum.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:32 pm
could we please have less subforums?  

Pedromac

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:44 pm
Sorry, not possible. There is no way to delete subforums once they are in existence. Thanks for bringing it up though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:45 pm
As of right now, there is no way to delete subforums. And even if there was, I highly doubt it would be thought about here. I'd suggest finding a subforum you really like and hanging out there so you don't have to worry about the others. 3nodding

Edit: EOD.. we have quite the strange timing.. LOL  

Jackalope2
Crew

Nero Lazer Android

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:50 pm
Technically, subforums are sorta like mini-guilds. You just gotta pick a subforum (or subforums, even the main thread) and either stay there, or find another subforum here.

Edit: Man! Jackalope and engineer-of doom, we all have weird timing. I think that great minds think alike! lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:52 pm
Im sorta confused by what u mean by edit but alright.... i just think its stupid that we cant delete subforums... its just that there are so many its sorta reducules.  

Pedromac

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:42 pm
The reason there are so many sub-forums is there are 100 of them that all may be rented out for a small fee each month. Each sub-forum once rented can be on whatever topic the renter chooses, thus this guild can have sections devoted entirely to whatever people want and it's much simpler and less of a financial risk then buying your own whole guild if you aren't sure how much activity a guild for something might get or you aren't used to running guilds. The sub-forum rentals on whatever topics can also be a sort of training for running a whole real guild on that topic the sub-forum is about eventually. 3nodding
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 am
stop being financially spirior to me.... i can only afford to get so many things... :'(  

Pedromac

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:53 am
Are you refering to the 200g fee I called "small"? xd Considering there's a month in which to accumulate it, and your first post every day gets you 50g, just making one post for four days you could afford it. xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:58 pm
Pedromac
Im sorta confused by what u mean by edit but alright.... i just think its stupid that we cant delete subforums... its just that there are so many its sorta reducules.

An edit is just that: An Edited post. There's a little button at the top left of each of your posts that says 'edit post', so you can go back and fix any mistakes or add things, etc. Normal members can only edit their own posts, but mods can edit anyone's. We rarely do edit though, unless the post breaks rules.

200 gold isn't small.. it's paltry. It's quite easy to get that much from a single Daily Chance event. lol  

Jackalope2
Crew

Nero Lazer Android

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:29 pm
It's true. 200 Gold is very easy to get. There are numerous ways to get gold fast, but I'll list some of the easiest ways:

1) post in the forums
2) comment in profiles
3) comment in journals
4) answer polls in threads
5) answer PMs
6) Daily Chance

There's a bonus in 1-5 if you do it the first time in one day. Daily Chance, however, is once, every main Gaian page, per day. If you follow those six, simple steps, you'll be able to get 200 Gold in under a day (depending on what time it it).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:18 pm
I also hear begging for money works. 3nodding  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Nero Lazer Android

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:02 pm
Yeah, begging works, but it's a lame, and annoying, way to get gold.  
®

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff