Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I could use a word or 2 if you feel froggy.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I forgive them and be happy?
  yes. be happy. thier in love
  no. you should just move on and let them be
  wow tough decision. dunno
View Results

Junni the Rabbit Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:51 pm
Hey peps what's ^. I've kind of been struggling with this prob of mine and it'd help to get a word or two from kind people. Well here's my sitch.

I was with this guy and he basically was my first boyfriend. I went through out high school without a relationship and finally fell in love. It was a really close relationship and I felt that it would stay that way forever. Well of course college time came around and he had to move away to go to a college out of town (we meet during summer while he lived with his fam. His fam lives near me and is like a fam to me also.) Well we ended up breaking up because of distance but I was still hopeful of a future with him. My best friend was with me through it all and she new how much I cared about this guy. She was the one who told me that maybe there was a sign for change or something like that. Well of course later after he was able to move around a bit more since he was a little more financially stable he was able to be a little more free. Well my he and my best friend became good pals and they began to visit each other. Later on they became really close and ended up falling in love. They both told me that I had no right to be angry or to not back them up in their feelings but I couldn't help but feel a little betrayed. I mean I felt as tho I had found the one person who I'd share the rest of my life with and now that person is with my best friend. *sigh* it's all so complicated. Please what do you think.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm
wow. that is a very tough decision. i don't blame u for feeling betrayed, but don't U betray them. as in, if u feel u can't back them up, don't sink them, either. honestly, if u think u really can't back them up, that u'll just look for ruining the relationship, back away for a while. let them know, and back away. i understand that she's ur best friend, but in this case, that'd b the best, i think. while u sort out ur emotions and all, if u know u can't handle it, then don't try it just yet. forgiving them and letting them be happy, being happy for them, would obviously be very good, but needless to say very hard for u. it's not an over-night thing. u gotta work with it, think about it, "digest it". don't hate them, and don't ruin it for them. while it might get u the guy, it'll lose u the best friend, and those are hard to find and if necessary, forget. they can never b replaced. not when they TRULLY deserve being called "best friend". that's what i think. hope it helped. if u got any other questions and feel i could help u, just PM me. i'll do what i can to help. i like helping....[or trying anyway, in hopes that it INDEED helps sweatdrop ]  

Sotur

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:23 am
I see where you're coming from. Love is... a complicated thing. You don't have to be supportive, but you shouldn't do something you'll regret later either. Just try to move on, find someone else, as the ever so popular saying goes- there's plenty of fish in the sea. I'm sure you'll find someone. Just let your ex and best friend go out together. It's not a smart idea to loose a friendship over something like this.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games