11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
I don't know! But I am so excited!!
69%
 69%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 101

Cute_honor_student666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:34 am
Stephenie says that she would post the cover of Eclipse, but it would give too much away.

What do you think it could be?
Post your thoughts!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm
Who knows. I don't put much stock in covers because half the time, authors don't have any say in what the cover looks like. The tulip for New Moon didn't have any meaning. I don't remember anything being said about the cover revealing too much, either, but that could just be my memory. Where did you see that she said that?  

ElegantSarcasm

LaDaff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm
I think it would be one of those things that dont look like much but once u read the book it all makes sense. Like all her other parts to it. Now I mainly psycho-analyze titles instead of covers.
I think this all makes sense. Twilight is when Bella meats Edward and the beginning of something bigger and darker is about to come. (hence twilight the point between day and night) and then New moon was a darker point but also a new start. (hence new moon) and I believe that eclipse is like how bella goes into the darkness forever more. So she will be turned and if not turned then SOMETHING will happen. (hence Eclipse) thats what I think...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:44 pm
this is another more titley one:
maybe things get tough for a moment, then improve...  

katgems

Anxious Phantom

Sex Metal Pumpkin

Hilarious Phantom

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:16 pm
I sort of hope the cover has a pink elephant on it, just to throw everyone off.

I guess a cover that insinuates a certain occurrance in the book would be exciting and build anticipation, but I like surprises.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:35 pm
^^ The title analysis thing makes sense. Eclipse...two opposties (the sun and moon=bella and edward?) overlapping... The neck idea for the covetr seems erally cool. Most likely it'll have red white and black.  

crystal_marbles

S p r i n k l e

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Vampire Bella

I guess a cover that insinuates a certain occurrance in the book would be exciting and build anticipation, but I like surprises.

Pink elephant...i would like to see that...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:12 pm
Vampire Bella

~was eating when she read this, and almost spit food all over the keyboard~

Pink elephants!!! rofl

UnicornPower

5,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Rosalie H

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:47 pm
xp I also agree. Pink Elephant would be perfect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:55 pm
All I can think about for a cover is an actual Eclipse...

But then again, look at the past covers ~ they have nothing to do with the names whatsoever xp

Hmm, I wonder... sheesh...

I wanna go to the Eclipse Prom so much neutral

UnicornPower

5,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

lemoura

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:29 am
An actual eclipse would be cool, but the relation between the first two books is that the background is stark black. Maybe a lunar eclipse or something of the like that would stick out. (A lunar eclipse in the penumbra makes the moon red.) It would be cool if they had the rings though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:25 pm
The rings would be interesting, but incorporating red into the cover would be much more difficult if you did that unless the rings are unconventional, which is entirely possible given the situation, but I kind of picture Edward as a very classic type person and I could see him giving a classic diamond rather than something unconventional like a ruby, which would be one of the only ways to tie in the red.

I still don't think the cover is going to be very important, though. Stephenie said that she was extremely lucky to have gotten a say on the first one, which is the only one with any direct meaning. She doesn't have a clue why the tulip was picked for the second cover.  

ElegantSarcasm

Vernacular Pudding

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:15 pm
Personally, I dont think its going to be necks, although that would be cool.
I wish I could go to the Eclipse Prom; too, but I live all the way out in NJ!
No where near Pheonix
>:E
Curse them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:21 pm
I really hope that they keep with what they've been doing, black cover and an object(s) on it. I don't really know what the object might be, I just hope they continue what they've been doing.  

Werewolf Garnet

twisted words

Dapper Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:14 am
It would be kinda cheesy if they put red lips on the cover. I mean, think about it.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff